Another Larson series makes it to the Season DVD World

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Another Larson series makes it to the Season DVD World

Post by neps » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:19 pm

I know some of us here are also Magnum fans, and being that Larson created the Magnum and Knight Rider, this is on topic discussion. (Heck if talking about Hasselhoff's possible rap career is... ;) )

Magnum P.I. is coming to DVD September 7th. Universal is thankfully all over releasing series on DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1619

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:02 pm

Thats really good news. I only started watching Magnum a couple of years ago thanks to Channel 5 (coincedently they started broadcasting KR only 3 days into the channel going on air), and I really enjoyed it. Quite a few of the character traits seem to carry over to KR, but I suppose thats expected. So thats A-team, KR and Magnum to name but a few going onto boxsets. Surely the helicopter KR..sorry Airwolf :wink: isn't far behind.

...trying to keep the thread remotely on topic.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:43 am

And Magnum drove a super sexy sports car and was a ladies man, definitely has some KR traits there. It seems that releasing series is all the rage, I'm sure Airwolf can't be too far behind.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:26 am

Universal are certainly going wild with their TV to DVD releases. This is what they are releasing over the next 18 months:

Miami Vice, The Apprentice, American Dreams, Monk, Northern Exposure, Magnum P.I., The A-Team, Knight Rider, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Quantum Leap, Sliders, original BattleStar Galactica, new BattleStar Galactica mini-series, Dream On, Amazing Stories, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, The Bionic Woman, Columbo, Murder She Wrote, The Munsters, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Traffic: The Mini-Series, Adam 12, Dragnet (new version), Dragnet (old version), It Takes A Thief, Coach, Simon & Simon, The Rockford Files, Ironside, Marcus Welby M.D., Kojak, Baa Baa Black Sheep, McCloud, Leave It To Beaver, Quincy M.E., Emergency!, McHale's Navy, and Centennial.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:33 pm

They have certainly got their act together. Pretty much all of those titles were crying out for the boxset treatment. I can see alot of happy universal fans......wasn't Quincy another Larson productions?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:18 am

Sith,

Do you know of any information for "Airwolf" or "The Equalizer"? I was hoping that both shows would be getting their first seasons released on DVD in the next 18 months as well.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:13 am

There was no mention of them. But you never know, they may still emerge.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:17 am

Talking of Magnum, in the episode "From Moscow to Maui", Rick pretends to be a reporter. He says he's from "Honolulu Nightrider". Is there a Honolulu KnightRider connection here?

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:07 am

magnum pi was co-created by glen larson and donald bellisario, who created airwolf, quantum leap and jag, i'd love to see airwolf on dvd, as long as it's the original version of the pilot movie instead of that awful hack job of a "18" certificate one they released! the first two seasons of airwolf were great, the third and fourth i'm not worried about buying but to be the completist i am i probs will... ;)

jag is another series i would love to see... and no not just because of the delightful catherine bell lol, i know she didn't appear in the first year so :P lol. only just started getting into it recently, as in during the past week or so on FX289, so i'd love to play catch up.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:57 pm

Speaking of Magnum P.I. and Quantum Leap, I own Quantum Leap season 1 on DVD (another favorite show of mine) and in the very first scene of the first episode, one of the main characters, Al, is driving down the road in a red Ferrari (just like Magnum's). But I also couldn't help notice that the car had K.I.T.T.'s sound effects! The engine had the exact sound of KITT's engine, and then Al picks up a girl on the side of the road and shows off by flooring it and the speed burst makes the Turbo Boost sound effect. Apparently they borrowed some sound effects from Knight Rider. Just a minor detail I noticed. :?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:52 pm

Sith wrote:Universal are certainly going wild with their TV to DVD releases. This is what they are releasing over the next 18 months:

Miami Vice, The Apprentice, American Dreams, Monk, Northern Exposure, Magnum P.I., The A-Team, Knight Rider, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Quantum Leap, Sliders, original BattleStar Galactica, new BattleStar Galactica mini-series, Dream On, Amazing Stories, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, The Bionic Woman, Columbo, Murder She Wrote, The Munsters, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Traffic: The Mini-Series, Adam 12, Dragnet (new version), Dragnet (old version), It Takes A Thief, Coach, Simon & Simon, The Rockford Files, Ironside, Marcus Welby M.D., Kojak, Baa Baa Black Sheep, McCloud, Leave It To Beaver, Quincy M.E., Emergency!, McHale's Navy, and Centennial.
Where'd you hear "coach' was coming out on DVD?