Hasselhoff Rap in Newsweek

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff Rap in Newsweek

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu May 27, 2004 5:51 pm

Newsweek's quote page mentions Hasselhoff's new Rap singing... they picked up Ice-T's quote:

"He's gonna come out as Hassel the Hoff - I promise you. The Hoff will surprise people with his rap skills and humor." - Rapper Ice T, on producing Baywatch star David Hasselhoff's first hip-hop album
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Thu May 27, 2004 6:19 pm

yea , i mean is that really true ?

I remember there was a post here about a week that he was rapping .

lol.

did you here it? and why is he trying to rap. If will smith cant even sell i dought Hass.hoff. could be a hit ,lol plus yall said his current cd's are awful.

:lol:

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Fri May 28, 2004 5:32 am

lmao @ the Will Smith comment...

Yeah, I really can't see him rapping. I have NO idea what he or Ice-T is thinkin' but they seriously need to reconsider.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri May 28, 2004 6:47 am

This is false! Of course hes not going to rap!

If you look on Davids website he has updated and says and i quote!
Contrary to recent reports, I am NOT making a rap album. I don't know how these stories get started! -D.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri May 28, 2004 6:49 am

It also strikes me as strange cause I can remember when Ice-T was a hard ass rapper and was getting in all sorts of trouble for his Cop Killer song, and now he plays one on TV.

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:21 pm

lol, yeah, that got me too. He told the media when he showed up in the series that he was kinda slapping people in the face, showing how he didn't really mean what he said in the song, kinda like Eminem's duet with Elton John... still strange though.

Anyways, I'm bringin' back this thread because today I saw on VH1's Best Week Ever or whatever that show is the same report that David was gonna release a rap album with Ice-T's guideance... they played "Fire it Up" by Busta Rhymes (which samples the Knight Rider theme) in the background and had a couple people react to it much like we did, one guy even called it "an innovative form of career suicide" lol but they actually showed a picture of KITT with his scanner moving and had one of the comment-peoples say "Michael, that was bulls***." with a little accent and everything, lol, I thought it was cute and worth mentioning even though it's not much of a cameo and obviously not true.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:28 am

Thanks for the info Sweetinsanity... I was able to catch another airing. Here's the 30 second clip (about 1.2 MB, Quicktime)

http://www.knightridermovie.com/mpegs/vh1icet.mov
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:48 am

I'm surprised they can even call it career suicide for Ice-T, he really doesn't have that much of a career to kill. Sure, he badly acts on Law and Order, but whens the last time his music career was in the news or the charts for something other than controversy.

Thanks for the video Mike, that was good.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:59 am

Funny that magazines are still reporting this. This weeks Time Out New York (Issue No 454), a weekly local popular magazine gives a mention. You think since it's weekly it would be more up to date. It even has a topless Baywatch photo of Hasselhoff captioned "Hassle the Hoff":
Hassizzle my nizzle
A plague of locusts, rivers turned to blood...and Ice-T signing on to produce David Hasselhoff's first rap album: Surely this is the final, untold sign of the apocalypse. The L.A. neighbors have reportedly struck up a close-enough friendship that the man who once galvanized a nation singing about cop killing is teaming up with a man who fought crime with a talking car, and whose pop songs are adored by, well, thousands of Austrians. But the T has great faith in "the Hoff": "The man is a legend; we are going to show a whole new side of him," Ice claims. "he's gonna come out as Hassel the Hoff (and he) will surprise people with his rap skills and humor."

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:53 am

I wanna hear him rap with KITT, although I dont like rap music. :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:59 pm

Rapping with KITT! ROTFLMAO! I think I wouldn't be able to hear it because I'd be too busy laughing too hard. :lol:

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:10 am

All I can say is, I'd buy it! If nothing else, I would like to see whether he raps any better than Randy Savage or nt. :lol:

DK