#1 comment on kr video game from non-kr fans

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

LoneKnight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by LoneKnight » Wed May 26, 2004 10:45 pm

The first KR game was never ported to the US PS2, PC only (check http://www.ign.com. They confirm it).

Thing is, we all have to consider how long it took Rockstar to develop Grand Theft Auto 3. Now that they have the engine set up, things are a heck of a lot more easier. I mean, they just announced GTA: San Andreas a few weeks ago, and it's already slated for an '04 release!

There is one thing that I am probably going to get a lot of grief for, and IMO Davilex seems like a cheap workaround to a temporary solution. For starters, a few months back some company released the game Battlestar Galactica. Original sound effects, ships.....AND ORIGINAL VOICES. Not to mention, the detail in the game was amazing.
When I sat down to play KR, a lot I found was lacking: semi-detailed dash, poor driving controls, and no original voices. It was almost like watchin that Nick and Jessica hour (STILL can't get that out of my head!). If Davilex really wanted to win us over, they'd get David H., Patricia McPherson, William Daniels, and a very reasonable Edward Mulhare to voice the roles. Then, painstakingly detail the dash, up the physics (which I heard was fixed....we'll see)...the list goes on. Did I enjoy the game? Little bit. Will I try this new game? Of course.

I dunno guys....if it was ported to the PS2 (U.S., that is), I think it wouldn't take long before it would be seen in the bargain bin at your local Game Stop or Electronics Boutique.

Ok, I await the verbal lashings! :P

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu May 27, 2004 8:18 am

well see thats the thing, i have that swap disk for my ps2. So i can play ps2 games in pal mode, all i need to do is some how find a site where i can order the game from europe and have it shipped here. any ideas?

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Thu May 27, 2004 10:30 am

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu May 27, 2004 10:56 am

But what are you going to do about the Pal signal djshag69? The swap disc will allow you to play the disc on the PS2, but the signal going out is still going to be a PAL signal. You'll have to either purchase a PAL-NTSC converter for your PS2, or hook it up to your computer that would be able to display the signal.