Knight Rider 2 Game report from E3

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sun May 23, 2004 11:26 am

One thing I was wondering when I was playing the first game was why not incorporate the heads up display totaly in the dash?You can have the target locate arrow on the left side of the dash where kitt's compass was or in the monitor.An enemy destroy meter to show how much damage the enemy has taken.A number meter for distance above kitts modes button would be.and maybe the button pods behind the steering wheel.I wish the wheel had the knight symble on it that was realy shotty of the wheel.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon May 24, 2004 8:57 pm

As it's been mentioned in this thread and others KITT in the game is still the old model, so in all likelihood the problems we have will be updated, they still have 6+ months before the planned release. I can't guarantee that they will make the dash all you are hoping for, however I can't see them not touching it at all. You should look at some of the shots from this time in the development when the first game was being built, they came along way in the same amount of time.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 25, 2004 8:58 am

What I saw in the months of development was great in how the heads up display was beeing shown in red yellow green like kitts meters on his dashboard.What I couldn't believe is how they went from something cool like that to an all green heads up display.Wish they would have stuck to the original.Aside from that the original game is realy cool aside from the fact that when the installer is running to set up the video clip playing program it doesnt seem to work because the video is slower then audio.Thats with my new 64mb ddr ram card.The box clearly states all you need is a 16mb video card.My other built in card on my motherboard must have been 32 but it still played properly.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue May 25, 2004 10:12 am

I think what you saw in early deveolpment of the game was the movie that intro'd the game. The actually heads up display in the playable portion was always Green. The video that was rendered for the opening was much more detailed and accurate.

AS for the video memory glitches, I'm sorry I can't help you there, I've only played the game on the PS2. I would just suggest to check that all your DirectX drivers and the like were at their latest versions.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:29 am

Knight Racer wrote:What I saw in the months of development was great in how the heads up display was beeing shown in red yellow green like kitts meters on his dashboard.What I couldn't believe is how they went from something cool like that to an all green heads up display.Wish they would have stuck to the original.Aside from that the original game is realy cool aside from the fact that when the installer is running to set up the video clip playing program it doesnt seem to work because the video is slower then audio.Thats with my new 64mb ddr ram card.The box clearly states all you need is a 16mb video card.My other built in card on my motherboard must have been 32 but it still played properly.
Do like that idea but davilex goes with different easer approch to the game. 8)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 25, 2004 11:42 am

I know theres a difference in the meters.Heres the picture I'm referring to:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/knig ... ml?page=33

I wish the meters were kep like that on the heads up display outside the dash.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue May 25, 2004 12:01 pm

They must have made a mistake because those the meters for the ps2 version the pc has just green on the speedometer.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 25, 2004 2:19 pm

That was no mistake.I was there when the original recomendations were posted on this board.I wish it was kept.Ah well.I just hope the new game exceeds the original.I kinda felt like I was living a kr episode in the first.I loved how there were no weapons.Made you feel like how on the show all that was used was scanner,microjam,spm mode,ski mode,and turbo boost.Only additions I would make in the new one would be dash upgrade,seeing Michaels hands on the dash,switch pods with buttons or collors,ending credits should be a cinematic like when kitt drove in the desert and you see only his front side and the credits role with the familiar kr them no naration.I want to see a cheat to get kitts convertible top,or the many kitts that were in the series like all white kitt,custom kitt,slammin samy kitt,and any others I'm missing.There probably hard at work right now trieing to please not just the long die hard fans but the general public as well.Good luck Davile!I'm sure You'll entertain us. :)

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed May 26, 2004 1:32 pm

Would it be too much to ask that we get both games ported to the Gamecube? I mean, I have a PC, but it's still not good enough to run KR1 with any kind of consistancy. It's still visually displeasing in it's slowness.

I mean, what could it harm for Universal Interactive to port both over the the cube for those who don't have PS2? Has Davilex discussed the possability of it at all?
One man can make a difference....

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed May 26, 2004 1:49 pm

Something I have been think about with the New game.

Kitt has a sheild this time, Why does he need a sheild when he has his MBS??

Or have I missed something???

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed May 26, 2004 9:15 pm

I thought about that too.

The only logical conclusion I came to, is that KARR would still have the specs of the laser he had that could damage the MBS.

My guess is that Garthe has put it into mass production, hence the laser turrets you see in the trailer.

Its only natural Bonnie would develop some kind of contingency like this. ;)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed May 26, 2004 9:58 pm

whet wrote:Kitt has a sheild this time, Why does he need a sheild when he has his MBS??
The MBS is very strong but it has its limits. It's not completely indestructible. The shields could provide an extra level of protection.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed May 26, 2004 10:25 pm

Sonic the hedgehog on wheels!! :P RAR! :roll:

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri May 28, 2004 6:43 am

My guess is he has the electro sheild to save him from an emp (electro magnetic pulse).

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:26 am

any plans for an xbox version and australian release?
i do have a ps2 but prefer the xbox

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:31 am

Any news yet about sony aproving the game for PS2??

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:31 pm

No Xbox release I'm afraid. A shame, because I'd have loved that over a PS2 release. Oh well.

No other news yet, but regarding the shield - my guess above has turned out to be not far from the actual reason...

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:53 pm

I blieve that davilex has given us alot of updates lately so there might not be much for a while as a big update we got for the screen shots. 8)