Davilex at E3

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Davilex at E3

Post by Sith » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:30 pm

http://www.e3expo.com/exhibiting_info/e ... info/list/

Davilex will be attending E3 in May.

Anyone who lives in or near Los Angeles should try and find a way to get in there, as the first images and possibly a rolling demo of Knight Rider II will be unveiled there.

If you do get in, take a camera.... or better a camcorder... and get us a nice MPEG for all to see. ;)

Knight8815
Volunteer

Post by Knight8815 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 pm

Yes please! someone get us some info for those of us who cant drive and lives across the country.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:40 pm

I went to E3 last year... not really my thing, but I'm going again this year and will get all the info/images/movies I can.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight 'n' Day
Recruit

Post by Knight 'n' Day » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:37 am

Just out of curiosity, how does one go about going to E3? I was always under the impression that it was an invite only thing for members of the gaming industry.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:59 am

Yes, it's true that E3 is not open to the general public, but the phrase "gaming industry" is a very general term. I'm a television broadcast engineer, and the same clients who are producing TV shows/movies are now in the gaming business as well. I get my passes (or try to) as their guest.

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:04 pm

The Electronic Entertainment Exposition, or E3, is one of the biggest video gaming trade shows in the world. For three days, the biggest and the smallest attend the show to show off their goods for the year. This ranges from everything, including hardware, software, accessories.....even things from books to clothing!

Los Angeles Convention Center, or "Staples Center", is home to the show, and it's a massive entourage of noise pollution, visual spectacles, hot chicks (we call them "booth babes"), and cutting edge technology that is soon to be unveiled on the video game market.

I've been there a few times with my company, Mad Catz Interactive. We're not setting up a booth this year as it proves too costly. But, I've attended the show for the past three years, and I'll be going again this year. When you work the show, it's ok....a lot of standing, handshaking, B.S.ing, and lack of energy (when you're in L.A. for three days and nights, you find things to do :twisted: ). It's for a lot of people, and personally for me I've done it too many times.

For attending, good luck. First off, you have to be in the industry. I cannot stress this enough, because if you're some guy working at McDonalds, but love video games, there's not enough butt-kissing in the world to get you a badge. It's very closely monitored, and everyone has to be involved in the industry. I think if you go to http://www.e3expo.com, they give you a list of the exceptions and requirements. Regardless, if you're not in, you're not in.....period. Signed, sealed and delivered.

Sorry folks, I'm not trying to sound like a stuck up a-hole here, just that I've been there, I've seen it. It's fun, it's wild, it can get a bit crazy at times.

If I'm on the floor and I see Davilex, I'll be sure to stop by and see what I can snag.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:46 pm

The highlight of E3 for me last year (or maybe I should say "lowlight") was seeing Anna Nicole Smith walking the floor with her entourage and camera crew. It was just surreal.

If it wasn't for Davilex I wouldn't go again this year. Chances are they'll be publishing images and movies on their website better than anything I'll be able to get, but I'll still get what I can.

And if I see anyone wearing a "Mad Catz" T-shirt, I'll say hello. :)

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:48 pm

I'm also guessing Davilex may contact Neil like last time.

Nick

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:02 pm

Mike, you won't have to look far...

According to the layout for the floor, our "meeting area" for all the higher-up Mad Catz' reps is right across from Davilex. Talk about making out like a bandit! :lol:

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Thu May 06, 2004 7:00 pm

Just cheked out the floor layout for E3, and it looks like Davilex will be right next to us in the West Hall! Very cool.....

Now I just hope that they have a KITT replica there. That'll make my day. If you see a guy in a Mad Catz shirt with a goat-T hovering around there, that'll be me. :D

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu May 06, 2004 7:26 pm

My boss hasn't come through with a pass for me yet, but he has a reputation for pulling things out at the last minute.

If you see a guy in a Knight Rider shirt without a goat-T hovering around there, that'll be me. :)