FLAG semi model

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

FLAG semi model

Post by Stargazer » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:14 pm

I went to http://www.hlj.com to check on the FLAG semi. They show it to still be on backorder. I placed an order anyway to see what the would say about when they would expect to get any in. To my suprise, I received an E-Mail bill for the model. I made a PayPal payment and yesterday I received an E Mail shipping confirmation....... hmmmm.

The price is a bit high for the model with overseas shipping, but I cannot wait to get the model and start putting it together.

JroX
Stranger

Post by JroX » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:32 pm

cool man, i enjoy model making as well, in fact im waiting for next month to get here so i can order the 1/25 scale of KARR! (Not just a KITT model turned into KARR, an actual dedicated model kit!!) from what i understand, the kit is due out in april, i myself am stoked!

heres a link to it, it looks sweet!

http://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp/scri ... KY04031601

also, they apparently have this little LED circuit board which fits under the hood for the scanner light! AND they got an orange one and a red one! :D how cool!

http://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp/scri ... KY04031602

its nice to see someone on this forum has one of the same hobbies i do. right on man!! do you have a KITT model already?

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:36 pm

Uh-oh. I think it's a fake! The picture appears to be re-colored. Plus, ERTL never made one of those. We would know.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:22 pm

Too right we would know...but that site is legitimate. Curious though, that KARR is near identical to a series 1 KITT so how can this kit be any different from the KITT kit already out (a series 1 KITT). Makes no sense.

Bah, I'm still waiting for the 1/43 KITT and KARR.

Stargazer, glad you placed an order with hlj.com. Have fun putting it together....heres my effort of the truck to keep you salivating :lol:

http://www.turboboost.netfirms.com/krtruckmodel.htm

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:17 pm

sarfraz wrote:Too right we would know...but that site is legitimate. Curious though, that KARR is near identical to a series 1 KITT so how can this kit be any different from the KITT kit already out (a series 1 KITT). Makes no sense.

Stargazer, glad you placed an order with hlj.com. Have fun putting it together....heres my effort of the truck to keep you salivating :lol:

Sarfraz
Very nice ! Does the trailer have any inside detail or is it "plain jane"?

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:56 pm

I myself have thought about doing a modern version of the FLAG semi to go with the diecast 2000 Pontiac Trans-Am model I'm modifing to make as KITT. I know that over at one of the Wal-Marts in Valdosta, they have a 1:25 scale semi truck for sale, this is without the trailer. But I'm not too sure about doing it, seeing that I already have a backlist of models that need to be done.

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:06 am

Found this surfing around... Dunno what shiping to the USA would be, but it looks kinda cool

http://www.jlist.com/SEARCHES/knight_rider_hot_wheels/

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:50 am

I wish I can own the FLAG Semi model.... no time to fix it..Take a look at my Knight Rider collection which includes the Knight Rider Hot Wheels cars.... Here is the link>>>http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/imranb ... imranbecks

Tell me what you think...

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:16 am

Stargazer wrote:
sarfraz wrote:Too right we would know...but that site is legitimate. Curious though, that KARR is near identical to a series 1 KITT so how can this kit be any different from the KITT kit already out (a series 1 KITT). Makes no sense.

Sarfraz
Very nice ! Does the trailer have any inside detail or is it "plain jane"?
Pretty much. Theres just a bar at the rear which acts as a stabiliser within the trailer. Theres no interior detail. If you have a read through my review/guide you'll notice alot of differences between the semi on the box and the one you'll actually build. My guide should help you sort out the interior of the cab. It does look soo cool next to the AMT KITT kit....as seen in my pics. Got both the mini-z KITT and KARR RC cars aswell (along with extra shells).....should consider taking a pic sometime soon of all of them.

Sarfraz

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:52 am

The Hot Wheels models are VERY, I repeat: VERY detalied. But only buy the KITT. KARR has a orange scanner (it's supposed to be yellow) and his interior is black (while KITT's is tan).

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:38 pm

Your entitled to your opinion, but I don't think that the hot wheels cars are that detailed. They have numerous omissions in detail which I expect the 1/43 KITT and KARR by Aoshima to have. I'll be able to give a more precise comparison once the 1/43 are released(I'm waiting hlj.com :roll: ) but already we see that the 1/43 has fog-lights, a vanity plate, better proportions and proper tires....but we are comparing a toy with a model so the differences are expected. The truck is pretty detailed with a decent amount of cab detailing and a nicely modelled exterior.

Sarfraz

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:43 pm

I was talking in toy terms...
The back is the worst, because the tail lights are RED in both. But the detail - I think - is good for such a little thing.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:42 am

I agree, for a toy its good. However to say its very detailed (your own words) is giving it alittle too much credit. I could argue that the kenner KITT (same size as the hot wheels toy) is slightly better as it actually has a proper dash....altough its just a sticker on the dash. Now thats impressive for a toy which is some 20 years older than the hot wheels cars.

Sarfraz

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:27 pm

The toy isn't detailed on the inside, but overall it looks great.

BTW, I got the Hot Wheels DeLorean and Airwolf. The Airwolf looks good, but the DeLorean is...........ok. Course, you probably can't get that detailed with a Hot Wheels.

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:28 pm

The toy isn't detailed on the inside, but overall it looks great.

BTW, I got the Hot Wheels DeLorean and Airwolf. The Airwolf looks good, but the DeLorean is...........ok. Course, you probably can't get that detailed with a Hot Wheels.