1:43 KITT

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

1:43 KITT

Post by sarfraz » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:52 pm

hlj.com have a new pic of the tiny 1/43 KITT,

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS07226

It looks like its got light clusters in the nose. Highly detailed for such a small car (I'm guessing about 3 inches long). Don't know if it'll light up though.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:02 pm

Oooh, looks great, thanks sarfraz! The whole Japan collectables market always is so annoying, cause it's quite complex to get any information about the product until someone has one in their hands.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:17 pm

Oooh... me liking that. :) Same scale as my F1 models.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:12 pm

...and I've brought alot of KR and TF stuff from japan. To be honest Neil, all I'm doing is keeping an eye on hlj.com. They get information before alot of other Japanese companies, and I've never had one problem with them....even when ordering 2 mini-z ready to run sets and the Knight truck. The UK does tend to get the short end of the stick so most of us are usually looking abroad anyway....why do you think we have multi-regional DVD players pretty much as standard.

Sith your right, it should be about the same size as your 1:43 scale F1 cars....just wish we could get more info on the 1:18 scale KITT.

I definitely will be ordering KITT and KARR (again :roll: ), so once I know what they are, I'll let everyone else know. They should be out in March but they have already been delayed 3 times.

Sarfraz

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:15 pm

I would like to order the semi from them, however the web site always shows that it is on back order.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:35 pm

hang on, is that the same car as those hotwheels ones? it looks the same to me.

i suppose it isn't since the hotwheels ones don't have the light clusters.

i'm impressed by it's detail but wouldn't get one.

my hotwheels car will do me. no point in having 2 cars about the same size that look more or less like each other on the shelf.

would love a 1.18 scale to come out. :cry:

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:41 am

Exactly, Hot Wheels are 1:64, and these are a little bigger. They're about the size of my Masito Viper models I own. Doesn't seem worth the money for a model that small.

Nick

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:52 am

*smacks hand on head*

....your missing the point. Firstly the 3 inche is a guess and in reality this 1/43 car will be bigger than the 1/64 hot wheels...not by much. The Hot wheels is a toy car, this is a model. As such detail levels are far far more higher on the Aoshima 1/43 model. You get what you pay for. 1/43 F1 cars cost about the same as this. I've got the Hot wheels KITT right now on my desk, so I can quickly make a direct comparison.

The KARR picture is probably easier to use as reference as there is an addition car in it:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS07227

Firstly, the general proportions of the car on the Aoshima 1/43 car are far more accurate. Detailing like the rear spoiler, nose, scanner dimensions, rear view mirror are more accurately modelled. It even has a tinted t-top and a vanity plate. I would also expect (not that its shown) so sort of chassis underneath. This is quite a common aspect in 1/43, so I would expect it. This would mean, all the parts seen underneath a car (eg suspension exhaust) all as individual parts.

Look at the wheels and tyres. The aoshima model again has proper bowling bowl hub cups (painted and modelled and not just moulded). The KITT pic (in my first message) shows very fine detailing on the rims themselves. Looking at the tyres, I'm betting that their made of rubber, and they also have some thread.

Moving onto the interior, it is plainly obvious that the hot wheel toy can't compete with the Aoshima model (its not meant to). It has proper seats and a black dash....don't know from the pics if the dash has any detail. Again I expect it to as all 1/43 models do. Look at the delorean also made by Aoshima:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS70659

Seems like it has a dash, so I would expect the KITT/KARR models to also have one.

To end, the hotwheel toy is not meant to be compete with this model. The ashima models come in display cases as standard. In the end, you get what you pay for. In the UK, this is a fair price for a 1/43 high detailed model (yes in the US an equivalent maybe cheaper, but everything is anyway). If you don't collect 1:43 models (I've got a seriouly big F1 collection), you won't be able to appreciate the fine level of detailing.

btw Stargazer, place your order for the truck. The KR stuff is in high demand, so stuff keeps getting backordered. I placed a puchase for the backordered KITT mini-z shell last week.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS07082

Its now being shipped to me....and it still says backorded. Demand is that high. They get products in and out faster than they can update the site.

Sarfraz

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:09 am

Ah, I get ya now, Sarfraz. From the first pic, it looked to be about the same size as the hotwheels cars but obviously not.

If it's the same size as that Delorean, then I'll definietely consider it since it would be a lot bigger in terms of comparison.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:52 am

It will be about the same size as that Aoshima 1:43 Dolorean, but that really depends on how long is KITT in real life. If its slightly longer, then the 1/43 scale model will show that. 1/43 refers to the car being 1/43rd of the length of the actual car. A simpler example, 1/2 scale will be half of the dimensions of the real car.

Anyone know the real length of KITT? if so, divide that number by 43, and you'll get the length of this model.

Sarfraz

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:49 pm

Ah, now I see. I didn't look that closely at the original picture. PLus, it's harder to see the fogs light on the KITT model than on the KARR one.

Nick

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:59 pm

HLJ states that the release for the 1/43 scale Aoshima KITT and KARR is scheduled for March. It is already March and its still not released yet, looks like it has been delayed yet again. I believe this is the fourth delay....

beatle64
Recruit

Post by beatle64 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:26 pm

The pic looks like the show. I can't believe the detail with it being so small. It's beautiful!!!

Knight8815
Volunteer

Post by Knight8815 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:42 pm

this model looks pretty cool. Keep an eye out for more models!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:19 pm

I think its gonna be any day within March. We already have photo's of both cars and they look beyond proto-type. I think Aoshima maybe a little side tracked by the mini-z shells. Both have been very popular and I kinda suspect that Aoshima have been trying to trying to produce these to cover demand before bringing the 1:43 scale cars out. I don't think it helps either that Aoshima produce a wide catalogue of products.

Sarfraz

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:34 am

I have the Corgi KITT. I think the size of this Aoshima KITT/KARR wil be of the same as Corgi's. Maybe Aoshima's wld be slightly bigger...

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:52 pm

Um, nope. The corgi is 1:36 scale. The Aoshima model will be 1:43 scale so quite abit smaller. The 1:18 (see other thread) by comparison will be alot bigger....guessing at around 10 inches long(wild stab in the dark).

Sarfraz

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:23 pm

Oh... I was hoping that it wld be slightly bigger than the Corgi KITT... Its ok.. I'm still getting this Aoshima KITT. I'm not planning to get KARR.. I've already pre-ordered it from my local hobby shop. The shop brings in lots of stuff from Japan. Now, if only Aoshima can stop delaying this item... I've been waiting for it for 3 months.... :x

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

NOW AVAILABLE

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:03 am

The 1/43 scale of KITT and KARR by Aoshima has already been released in Japan. KITT is now backordered but KARR is still available. Shows how famous KITT is... The links to order the KITT or KARR from hlj.com is below.

KITT- http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS07226

KARR- http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS07227

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:24 pm

already? more like just released yesterday. hlj.com has sent me a shipping confirmation stating the 2 KR cars went out today via EMS. Should have them within a few days.

Sarfraz

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:02 pm

I'm still waiting for mine.... I ordered mine via my local hobby shop... They have not received it yet..

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Newly updated pics

Post by imranbecks » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:20 am

Check out the new pics of the Aoshima die-cast 1/43 KITT and KARR!!!!!!!!

KITT- http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS07226

KARR- http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?AOS07227

I guess they finally have the proportions and details right on this baby!!! One word..WOW!!! Can't see the dash clearly though, but it must be detailed as well... I really can't wait to get mine.... :)

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:31 am

*jaw drops to the floor*

WOW!

I think I'll get one - as soon as they come to eBay.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 pm

Yesssssssss, just what I was expecting, a proper dash. Looking at KARR, it seems that even the small emblem on the steering wheel and voice module is detailed. Its hard to really see id the rest is, but I would assume so. Both cars look soo perfect. Hats off AGAIN to Aoshima for making another stellar KR product. I'll have close up photos as soon as mine arrive (ETA: monday).

One question though, both KITT and KARR have a black ribbon hanging out of the back....whats the deal with that?

Sarfraz

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:25 pm

Ya.. Now that safraz has mention it. I didn't notice that earlier.... What is that ribbon for? Could it be some sort of a tag to activate the scanner???? It cld be..... I really can't wait to get mine.... Hopefully by next week...

Safraz, please take pics of it and share it with us. I want to see the detail on the dash. Is it the 2 tv dash or the 1 tv dash used in season 3 and 4...and tell me what is that ribbon for when u receive it ok...