Take a look at these stills from KR showing revealing things

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Take a look at these stills from KR showing revealing things

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:44 pm

Hey guys,

I posted some stills I took from the show that feature, let's say, interesting oddities. Take a look, let me know what you think!

http://joehuth.8m.com/photo.html

Joe

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:58 pm

Waaaaay too much free time on your hands Joe! ;) But some great and interesting oddities you have found there. Nice work! I like the reveal the how they did the stunts and tricks type shots. I have noticed the portable KITT before, I guess I just neverminded it being there because I'm sure they returned the piece of equipment to what ever purpose it had after KITT was restored. Kinda shows a little continuity.
Last edited by neps on Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:14 pm

Agreed. Way too much time involved on finding those. The portable KITT one was the only one I've spotted...but accepted as already being Foundation property.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:20 pm

I feel that I need to come to my own defense here...haha...those were found over a period of about a year...most I just happened to notice while watching an episode and decided to capture a shot of it for everyone here. So I really DO have a life, granted not much of one :)

Joe

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:21 pm

There is more. In SSSSS You can see the original steering wheel a few times. Also in KOTP you can see it when KITT makes the doughnuts with the thieves. I do have more sightings but they're minor. I saw the Goliath Returns prison cell in a program with Henry Rollins. I have no clue what the program was but I recognised him because I watch Full Metal Challenge (imagine KITT in Sumo!).

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:28 pm

Ah, you get Full metal challenge in Poland as well. I love that show.

Anyway, Joe whats odd about the rear shot of KITT from "Knight in Disgrace"....unless its the number plate which I can't really make out.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:20 pm

Nothing is really odd about that one...it's just a scene cut from syndication. I guess it's kinda out of place there haha.

Joe

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:22 pm

I thought maybe it was missing its blackout plate. :) It's kinda like the nitpicks at the krfoundation, but its nice to have visual support. And we know Joe, we just playin'. :)

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:27 pm

Those were great, thanks Joe! I'm still laughing at the visible hand and Michael's hair. :lol: Post more if/when you spot 'em!

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:35 pm

It could be considered odd that KITTs lights are on during the day in that rear shot from KID, unless that is dusk.

It also appears that the left side is brighter than the right, meaning the blinker is on? Or Michael is riding the breaks like an old fart and the right side happens to be halfway burnt out. Michael riding the breaks, I can just hear KITT on that one, "Michael, what are you doing?"

SH

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:46 pm

I added one more picture to the site, on the very top. The mysterious changing picture!

Joe

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:59 pm

Whoa that is really messed up there.

Knightling
Recruit

Post by Knightling » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:31 pm

I thought that Michael gave away the portable KITT at the end of Soul Survivor. I guess they have a bunch of them, just in case!

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:39 pm

I wonder why I never noticed that TV in JYD.

GB
Recruit

Post by GB » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:45 pm

I noticed some big ones too !!

In the pilot, notice the license plates used during the race during close-ups on the rear bumper of KITT. One is a license plate with a 1982 yellow sticker and a MAY sticker which is quite normal in 1982. The other one is a... 1983 red sticker (yes, in spite of the fact that it was filmed in 1982 :shock: :shock: ) and an OCTOBER sticker. By the way, how would they know that 1983 stickers would be red ?? You can see the pics on Knight Replicas.

In "Give me Liberty... or give me death", you can clearly see one of the engines used in the Trans AM of the production. It appears when a bomb is put under the hood of the orange '69 Charger. Only problem is that the engine bay clearly shows us that the car is black and not orange, hood is black too (you can even briefly notice a part of the scoop and the indentation of the headlights' shape in it) and especially that the car has an LG4 305 CI carbureted engine which was only mounted in GM cars as it is a Chevrolet engine :D :D The windshield shape and the locations of the wipers clearly shows it's for sure a Firebird 3rd gen. So it must be one of the engines used in the KITT through the show :D :D 8)
Guillaume - Pontiac Trans AM 1984

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:12 pm

about that new picture added to your site, Joe, not only does the picture change but I noticed that Bonnie is holding the pic from her right and then to her left hand.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:16 pm

Haha, those are great Joe. :)

The moving photo especially.

My favourite gaff has to be on the Pilot, where Michael's wound keeps swapping between his left and right shoulder in the same scene. :lol: