Two sites saying new KR movie may not happen!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

3rings
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Two sites saying new KR movie may not happen!

Post by 3rings » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:52 am

:( :x

I've read on Scifi2k.com whose Moderators got a report from Moviehole.net. Their is an article with the title of Knightrider called "Knightrider: "Out Of Gas"

Moviehole is stating that a site called counting down, claims that the Knightrider Movie may not happen, that David Hasselhoff and Revolution Studios may have given up.

I believe it's now a rumor, and I hope this rumor ends up false and us Knightrider fans will get to see a new Knightrider adventure.

Does anyone have any more details on this bad and sad rumor? Or any new updates that this film will happen.

I hope to hear some good news about this project soon.

It is way past due and it's time for a new Knightrider adventure.

John

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:02 am

This is the message on countingdown.com:

:December 22, 2003 — 'Dave' sends in some unconfirmed news:

It appears David Hasselhoff has given up on the Knight Rider movie that was planned for 2004. E-mails to his website, and to Revolution Studios regarding the movie, are now ignored. Hasselhoff is currently in Europe promoting his new music album, which is released in February next year. As a result, he has a schedule of at least six months promoting/touring his new album. This hardly seems like the correct attitude for an Executive Producer that was stating that in the Summer of 2004 he would bring Knight Rider back to the screens. I hope I am wrong, but the complete lack of information from Hasselhoff himself suggests otherwise."

All that "Dave" is saying is that because he can't find any information asserting that the movie is moving forward, he assumes it's been abandoned. He quotes David Hasselhoff's official site as being his source, yet that site still has the Knight Rider movie banner on it.

I do not place ANY validity on this so-called "news".
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:05 am

One other thing... notice how rumors get started: someone posts a THEORY, that's all it was, a theory, on countingdown.com. That got passed along to moviehole.net and then on to scifi2k.com. Even though it looks like there are 3 sites reporting the "news", it really is just one site posting an unsubstantiated rumor.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:07 am

I sure hope its still up in the air... It would be a hit I'm sure. A lot of adults have seen KR up here. Most would like to see the movie...

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:07 am

Wait, a minute. I think I remember those exact words in that 'article' coming from either this board or KRUK... from a member who felt that with Hasselhoff's upcoming album, that there wouldn't be a movie....

KI

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:38 am

Aw man. I was really looking forward to a KR movie. But hey, maybe this a good thing. I mean the film could be another disgrace like KR2000 was. *shudders* But then again, it could have been a mega hit..But the question is, is Knight Rider appealing to the kids of this generation? Perhaps if the film was pulled it was due to lack of interest in the demand sector.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:50 am

*** EMERGENCY BREAKING SYSTEM ENGAGED ***

Real Michael Knight: I think we need to look at the original message again. There is NOTHING in there that we haven't discounted already. Based upon that message, there is absolutely no reason to believe that the movie has been abandoned or postponed or anything. This is NOT a news item.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:35 am

I am beginning to just go with the idea that the movie should not be made at all. It has been nearly 18 years since the show went off. Plus, it has been a debate whether Hasselhoff would be in it or not. Also, people struggle with the idea of what the car would be like and if William Daniels would redonate his voice.

I think since KR is just an old 80's thing and Hasselhoff is considered an old man now, they shouldn't really mess with it. It wouldn't be the same using another actor. There also has been a struggle of whether it should be a story starting from scratch or continuing the adventure. I also believe they shouldn't make a show bringing this back.

Just let it all be something that once existed back in a previous decade. People most likely probably wouldn't like a movie or new TV series and would just be comparing it to the original. I think the series that started it all was good enough the way it was. That's why TKR was a bomb and I won't ever bother watching if I were to find it on. Just like I did with Knight Rider 2010- didn't even bother!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:49 am

ColeGrad, allow me to use your own logic against you:

The Time Machine is a 100-year-old story and a 40-year-old movie. But you enjoy the new version of it. Why not give Knight Rider the same chance?

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:04 am

Because Time Machine was one of my obsessions before moving onto Knight Rider. Yes, I have both the original and the remake of TM at home on DVD. And I also have the book which I have read several times.

I only like the modern one because I saw it at the big screen back when it was out and actually enjoyed it. It was one of my favorite movies a year ago which I could not leave alone on the DVD rack. Only now I have seen it so many times, I don't want to watch it again for a few years. But I think it got way off the book and totally redid the story. If someone was expecting it to be an updated version of the 1960 film and exactly like the book, they'd be completely disappointed. But the remake was good enough for me the way it was. I just didn't like the deal in the beginning where it seems like a love story. I feel like that doesn't even need to be in there since the rest of the movie has nothing to do with it.

As for a new KR movie, I don't know. It may or it may not work. But if they don't make it, I would feel like that is a better choice. After all, most people say the modern Time Machine shouldn't have been made. They believe the original with Rod Taylor should have just been rereleased with all the outdated special effects redone with modern computer graphics. But I disagree with them and thought that one was just way out-of-date for audiences today. I do like the 1960 film better than the 2002 remake, but the modern one is just easier for me to follow.

Most people think Knight Rider just wouldn't be the same without Hasselhoff. And if he was in it, it'd be like asking Sean Connery to do James Bond back in the 80's. Hasselhoff is only two years younger than my dad. And my dad has a younger brother who is exactly Hasselhoff's age- just a month older. So I think he is too old to reprise his role from the original TV series.

And still, what about KITT when everyone remembers him as a 1982 Trans-Am? I feel like a modern Trans-Am or whatever they'd use wouldn't look right. Why bring back something when it's not that long from being 20 years since it was taken off the air? Only huge fans would worry about something like this. I just watched it this summer cause it was something I recalled from childhood and I wanted to see it when I could understand everything.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:43 am

I wouldn't put much credence in this report to be honest. CountingDown is reknowned for posting rumours rather than fact - they posted about Matrix Revolutions being released on DVD in time for Christmas, when it was still on the cinema? Yeah right. lol

And KI, you're right, thats pretty damn similar to what I've posted on here several weeks back. But that was just an opinion. Its hardly fact, or "news" as this Dave claims. Its more than likely just one of their newshounds has been scouring here for info.

Having said that, I didn't post anything about mailing David's site or Revolutions' (neither of which I've done). So thats come from somewhere else. :?

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:25 am

COLEGRAD01 is right because it be like so much as hit like was back in the 80's. and also manely they can't get the oringinal cast members and other stars that where in knight rider hten in the 80's. and i hate the transam's these days i like the older model better then what hear that they might use.

KI2000PA
Volunteer

James Bond in the 80's

Post by KI2000PA » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:03 pm

ColeGrad01,

FYI, I just figured I'd let you know that Sean Connery DID do a James Bond movie in the 1980's in fact 1983, a movie called Never Say Never Again BEHOLD:

KI2000PA

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:39 pm

86chvs10 wrote:COLEGRAD01 is right because it be like so much as hit like was back in the 80's. and also manely they can't get the oringinal cast members and other stars that where in knight rider hten in the 80's. and i hate the transam's these days i like the older model better then what hear that they might use.
This is probably going to start a fight, but I think it needs to be said anyway.

Between ColeGrad01 and 86chvs10, I think I would feel a little bit more comfortable if somebody a little bit more mature, and who was alive and aware during the original Knight Rider run to pass judgment on whether a movie or a new show should be made.

Charlies Angels was a hit back in the 70's, and even though it was recreated, it is still a relative hit today. The entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy is based off of a very old series of books, but it is still a hit today. Spiderman comes from an old comic book, but it is still a hit to this day in its many remakes. Just because it is from a decade long passed, does not mean that it wouldn't be a hit today if done right, and if given a chance.

The same people who made Knight Rider popular back then aren't dead, you know. And somehow, some of this commentary is based off of personal feelings that haven't even begun to explore the facts.

There is nothing here against those who are younger who have a more mature outlook on life, and take in all the facts before they speak. But for those of you who do not want a movie, at least present a reasonable set of facts to present your case. Not that 'you don't like the new transams' or 'Hasselhoff is old'. Those just don't cut the mustard, and only serve to get on people's nerves.

You can't see the future. You can't tell if a remake or a continuation is going to be a hit or not, so at least give it half a chance before you poo all over it. Sith brought out reasonable facts in his opinion that seemingly ended up on this rumor site. But he never discounted the fact entirely. (And by the way, the part about emails to Hasselhoff's site and to Revolution, came from another post on this board a few months ago, from a frustrated fan who was trying to get their message through, and found out that the sites did not reply. They never have replied, they consider pushy, repeditive emails as spam.)

Give the movie a little bit more of a chance. If you don't want one, that's fine, but at least present a good based argument as for why it shouldn't happen, not things that basically could apply to anything, and can be proven wrong at the drop of a hat, if you just think about it.

KI

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:48 pm

yeah i guess your right. it's just to me that it will not so much hit to me because knight rider not be the same with it's oringinal writers and acters.

JL
Operative

Re: James Bond in the 80's

Post by JL » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:50 pm

KI2000PA wrote:ColeGrad01,

FYI, I just figured I'd let you know that Sean Connery DID do a James Bond movie in the 1980's in fact 1983, a movie called Never Say Never Again BEHOLD:
click me

KI2000PA
I was just about to mention NSNA. And part of the nice thing about NSNA was that they acknowledged right off the bat that Connery was older and while still in good shape, perhaps not at his peak the way he was during his first go-round at Bond in the 1960s. Compared with Roger Moore trying to act like he'd never aged a day by the time A View to a Kill rolled around, NSNA was much more believable. (well, believable for a Bond movie ;))

If Hasselhoff is to be involved with any KR movie, they need to acknowledge his age. To expect him to pretend like it's 1986 again would just be silly. Recognizing the age factor worked for Connery in NSNA, it worked for William Shatner in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, so there's no reason why it couldn't work for DH if they write it properly.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:59 pm

jl you could be right. david hasseloff just needs to remember past of much knight rider was much fun acting in it. because he needs to know that the show would not be hit back then if he didn't play as michael knight. i believe that david over the years his forgoten what knight rider is really about doing.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:06 pm

And you know this, because you have talked to him? Because you know him?

How do you make that judgment that Hasselhoff has forgotten about what Knight Rider is really about?

KI

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:19 pm

well he doesn't want to do knight rider anymore. he rather spend more time on his album then make the knight rider movie. the rumars some might be true and some might not be true.it sounds like he does not like doing the knight rider thing now.and i'm not saying this in a bad way. but why would all these rumars stat now talking abou david hasseloff nott wanting to do the movie. either his has a lot things his mind or something. to david just needs like a boost of fun knight rider and doing roles that want him to. with out dought i thinkthe show would not be hit with out david. i think we just the calm down about and see what other comes soon. because of us have reasons with what we think about the move. and about david hasseloff. now look i believe that david at the start when they david on his website said he got with some body i can't remember that part. so it went saying with david hasseloff saying they going to give knight rider anther chance. so there so many things with the movie.i think we should with more rumars news about and then see what happens.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:25 pm

These rumors have been floating around since the movie rumor itself was first started. This is nothing new, and as you can see if you read the other messages, it's becoming a quickly unfounded rumor. Hasselhoff never wanted to truly give up Knight Rider. He is also the one who started the whole movie bandwagon going. He didn't stop his whole life because of the movie. It is still in scripting stage (last actual news report given) and he couldn't just stop his life while the production companies do their thing.

You are right, some people need to calm down, and wait for legitimate reports to come out before jumping to conclusions.

And once again, dude, MS Word, some of your statements are hard to comprehend. I am sure that you have some valuable opinions to present, but it's a real toughie to have to figure them out.

And on a side note, you still don't know what Hasselhoff is thinking, and obviously haven't read a lot of the news reports that are coming out about him, so maybe you should keep from telling us what you think he is thinking? Just a suggestion.

KI

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:32 pm

wel i don't know all that much about it because i'm like the other topic like the new game that coming out next year. and some other topic's. so i your right maybe those rumars have been around but i have known that about the knight rider movie topic's because i am not manly on the movie topic's. so your know more about it then i do. i'm just saying what think is going on.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:34 pm

Well, you might want to get your facts straight before you think about what is going on. Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion: MS Word.

KI
Last edited by knightimmortal on Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:36 pm

your right i'll do that from now on. and i'm not saying this in a smart way.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Re: James Bond in the 80's

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:30 pm

KI2000PA wrote:ColeGrad01,

FYI, I just figured I'd let you know that Sean Connery DID do a James Bond movie in the 1980's in fact 1983, a movie called Never Say Never
I know Sean Connery did a James Bond movie back in the 80's. I saw NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN when I was watching those all the time. He did look like he had gotten quite a bit older compared to what he is in DR. NO & GOLDFINGER (as well as the others in the 60's, but I think those are the two people mostly refer to with him). Now look at him in HIGHLANDER as Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez and the guy he was in THE UNTOUCHABLES. Almost doesn't even seem like the same person who did James Bond. People do get old as time moves on over the following decades.
I think I would feel a little bit more comfortable if somebody a little bit more mature, and who was alive and aware during the original Knight Rider run to pass judgment on whether a movie or a new show should be made.
I was alive when Knight Rider was on starting with NOBODY DOES IT BETTER (Original Airdate: April 29, 1983). Only was nowhere to be found the first seven months of the series. I have been around for two whole decades and am only two months away from the legal age.

I don't really care if a movie is made or not. I'm just saying if they do not make one, that won't bother me at all. But it still is a question of will it be the same with all the changes over the decade?

We do know Hasselhoff as Michael Knight back in the 80's. Everything would be changed to fit the modern world. If they continue the storyline, they probably will have no choice but to have Knight be too old for fighting and have a younger apprentice take his place. They could reuse him if they started from scratch, but it would have to be another actor. And most people wouldn't think it was the same if they did the story without using Hasselhoff as the lead role.

I am aware of those other things being remade into modern versions. And some of them actually do happen to work out. But they can make elderly people miss the original works. When I came out of THE HULK this summer, my dad liked it but kept going on about how it wasn't the same without Bill Bixby as Dr. Banner. He said that movie made him miss the old TV show. I thought Eric Bana did a rather good job. I think it is one thing when doing a remake of an old movie, but creating a motion picture of an old TV show- that's totally something else. That's why I can appreciate the modern films of things like TIME MACHINE & PLANET OF THE APES (even though both movies are better on the original versions). But I refused to watch CHARLIE'S ANGELS. Only cause I wasn't interested and never have seen the original TV show anyway.

But I do love these modern updated stories like SPIDER-MAN and HULK. They are real versions of these animated series recently made and replacements for hokey TV shows made back in the 70's and 80's. I know Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker better than Nicholas Hammond. And I think it was better to see Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock in DAREDEVIL than Rex Smith. Smith did Daredevil as a guest appearance in THE TRIAL OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK (second TV movie made 7 years after the TV series was canceled). And as I said, Eric Bana doing Dr. Bruce Banner may not be as good as Bill Bixby doing Dr. David Banner- but these modern adaptations help young audiences who will find old TV shows to be ancient pieces of work understand the elements of great creations.

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:27 pm

At the last meeting with David he mentioned, that they ARE STILL WORKING on the movie. David will be back in January and February so I may get a chance to ask him about it, and I am sure, he will answer that. At the moment thats all are just rumors, and I won´t believe David will cancel the work on the movie.

Sandra