Vehicles in KR Sequels/Spinoffs

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightCrusader99
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Vehicles in KR Sequels/Spinoffs

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:23 am

Since they made a big deal in KR about KITT's programming for the preservation of human life, they never mentioned it in KR2K or TKR about those vehicles.

In the KR2K storyline, Maddox never mentioned anything about it, nor did anyone else.

In TKR, I don't recall them mentioning that either. I do however remember them talking about how each car has a personality exactly to match the one of its drivers. In the ep with KRO, we can see how this backfired, as the driver went nuts, and the car went crazy with him, killing people. I am assuming by that event, that there wasn't even the underlying programming to protect human life in KRO or that would have took over to keep him from going mental. I question even if the TKR vehicles had this fail-safe in their programming.

Oh and another question about the vehicles, did any of them have MBS? I know that TKR didn't, because KRO beat the crap out of them like they were tin cans, and there were a few other instances that they got damaged by random stuff. But did KIFT have MBS? Anybody know?

I do realize that many people on this board try to go to bed at night, but end up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth sucking their thumbs, saying "Knight Rider 2000 isn't true! TKR isn't real! I refuse to believe it!" (that is really extreme, and I hope no one does that, but you know what i am saying). I know they are only attempts to continue the story or just make money off the KR name, but since the stories were written to be in the KR uniiverse and passed to the public, the stuff should be questioned.

Oh, and KR2010, lets not even go there. It needs to be stripped of its KR title since it was only used to help push the crappy movie. I can be compasionate if anyone couldn't go to bed over that one. LOL

-Steve

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:56 am

They sort of touched on it indirectly in Knight Rider 2000 when Devon says the new car lacks KITT's humanity. It's not a blatant statement of "he should have a primary program to protect human life", but it does revolve around that general theme. You're right, TKR didn't go into the protect-humans programming either.

The TKR vehicles crashed a few walls and gates that might damage your standard showroom car, but there was no specific mention of MBS and they didn't do any huge KITT-like crashes.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Ghost-Unmade
Rookie

Post by Ghost-Unmade » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:15 pm

The Knight 4000 did survive some rather large explosions in that chase scene, and bulletfire too. That sort of suggests an MBS.

Although I don't know how they would have done it since no one person knew all three of the primary chemical componants of the MBS, and two of the guys that knew 1/3 of the forumla died in "Goliath".

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:59 am

Well if they died in Goliath, then how did they reapply MBS to KITT in Knight of the Juggernaut? (or should I say after the episode, since we never saw it done.) They must have had either emergency reserves or someone knows the whole recipe for MBS. Oh well, never realized that until you mentioned that.

WmAx
Stranger

Post by WmAx » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:45 pm

I don't see how the cars in TKR could have had MBS, they seemed to be damaged quite easily on several occasions, according to my possibly flawed memory.

Actually, I would like them to acknowledge TKR in a new series, but not in the way you may think. :-) I would, in some way, for KARR to be rebuilt, etc., and come back and well, destroy every one of the TKR vehicles and maybe even kill off all of the drivers; making way for KITT's first new mission(eliminate KARR.. again?). Hey, just an idea. I like closure, and killing/destroying everyone in that horrible show would make me smile. I literally cursed TKR everytime it came on, so don't take what I say too seriously! :-)

-Chris

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:07 am

KnightCrusader99 wrote:Well if they died in Goliath, then how did they reapply MBS to KITT in Knight of the Juggernaut? (or should I say after the episode, since we never saw it done.) They must have had either emergency reserves or someone knows the whole recipe for MBS. Oh well, never realized that until you mentioned that.
If I recall in "Good Day at White Rock" KITT seemed to actaully know all 3 combinations that makes up his MBS as he is bragging while the biker gang is beating away at his MBS body with chains, brass knuckels, bats, and the etc.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:01 am

I think the TKR vehicle were not fully protected because that was a final fail safe. That way if one of the vehicles went all KARR on the team it could still be destroyed.

Look at KARR, KRO and Killer KITT. Those were hard dudes to stop.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:14 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:
Well if they died in Goliath, then how did they reapply MBS to KITT in Knight of the Juggernaut?

well in knight of the juggernaut they mentioned a couple of times that they added SPM due to the fact that kitt no longer had the MBS

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:16 pm

That was also while Devon was gone. It was rather obvious in the following episodes that they had added it back on.

Most likely, they were able to recreate the formula from Devon's portion as well as parts and portions from KITT's analysis. Then they could have reassigned the parts back to other people, and erased the analysis from KITT's memory, just to keep them warm and fuzzy about the secret again.

KI

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:46 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:Well if they died in Goliath, then how did they reapply MBS to KITT in Knight of the Juggernaut? (or should I say after the episode, since we never saw it done.) They must have had either emergency reserves or someone knows the whole recipe for MBS. Oh well, never realized that until you mentioned that.
You know what, I just watched that episode and realized that only one guy died, the other was somewhere else.... Switzerland maybe? And that he was safe. Well with his part and devon's part, that is how they made more MBS.

- Steve

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:22 pm

Elizabeth Knight and Garth knew the formula. So does KITT. Or at least Davilex 'tells us' that he knows. In The Game, when you scan the building which you didn't know yet, KITT says that it contains the chemicals for the MBS, thus, KITT is supposed to know the formula.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:23 pm

You don't exactly want to take the game as canon. Not a good idea. ;)

KI

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:43 pm

Ghost-Unmade wrote:The Knight 4000 did survive some rather large explosions in that chase scene, and bulletfire too. That sort of suggests an MBS.
Not to mention that he was going to completely mow down a deer at high speeds without a second thought (part of the scene prompting Devon's comment about his humanity). If not the MBS, KIFT seemed to at least have something beyond a normal paint job.

Either that or they completely removed any sense of self-preservation. :wink: