Columbia House DVD Lineup Update :-)

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by spyhunter » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:12 am

That would seem like a very smart choice, since VHS is about deader than dirt...

Wow, can't wait to find out the news about 16 and on... It's thrilling for me because I don't remember the cut scenes from most episodes, so it's like seeing them for the first time. I recently laughed my ass off at the cut scenes on both KNIGHT BEHIND BARS involving an out of shape woman and A GOOD KNIGHT'S WORK involving a used car salesman. Alot of good jokes sure do get cut...

SH

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:05 pm

Since Joe and I have seen all 84 and our views are in KRL about some of the missing scenes I thought I would give you a rough idea spyhunter of what is missing just to name a few....

Not A Drop to Drink has a 3.5 minute conversation between Micheal and her walking by a river and talking about her son.

Inside Out has a funny scene at the beginning that has Bonnie pulling seaweed out of KITT's hood.

Whitebird has Micheal reminiscing about Stevie while driving to make her bail.

A few missing scenes in Knight Moves, especially the one where KITT on orders from Micheal pushes a garbage truck aside.

Knight Strike has an old man make the claim that KITT hit him and his wife throught the episode.

Cirus Knights has a kiss between David and her right after they return from break from the sabatoged stunt.

The Wrong Crowd has KITT arguing with a hitch hiker who keeps asking for a ride...

Knight Song has a whole scene missing where Bonnie references Chicago and Knight of the Juggernuat.

Those are just some of the highlights that are fun to mention. I just wish I had some of the NBC 1st season in better airing quality.

The promos/ KOTP teaser and the Goliath teaser are fascinating because they are NBC produced and will never air again. (ie...the 1-900 #, SPM, KITT KIT)

Richie

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:50 pm

was there uncut sences in knight in retreat.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:03 pm

Yes, all 84 episodes have missing footage. The one hour eps are missing on average 3-5 minutes; the two hour ones are missing 8-12. "Knight in Retreat" has an extra scene with the girls at the retreat, and more Michael/KITT dialogue during the chase scene at the end.

One minor correction to what Richie said: Bonnie pulling seaweed from KITTs engine was "A Plush Ride", not "Inside Out". "Inside Out" has an amusing scene where KITT calls Devon at 2am to inform him of the plan. Devon, in his robe, scolds KITT for calling so late!

"Ten Wheel Trouble" has a cut scene where Michael, driving the rig, is told to stop at Armorbuilt - the same company seen in "Buy Out". Pretty neat stuff.

Joe

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:22 pm

is there a away to get knight in retreat uncut sences or the episode.because columbia house i dought there going to make that episode.and universal=playback doesn't have it.how did you get all there uncut sences.

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:53 am

So has there been any further word about the new disc hitting the streets yet? I'm thinking I'd like to pull the trigger on the next set of discs, and no point in missing out on one huh?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:44 am

Damn, you americans really have it harshly with the missing scenes.

We have all that footage over in our broadcasts here in England.

I was unfortunate to buy the Sci fi rips from someone off ebay but didn't know they were sci fi rips until i got the discs.

So, i am glad i got the tapes with the missing footage as back ups.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:59 pm

has anyone herd about the 16th volume of knight rider has it been released yet or news on it. :wink:

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:14 am

Hey all,

I realize that most people are not going to be much interested in the CH DVDs in light of the Season box sets on the way, but if you can get your hands on these, they are still a good way to get episodes on DVD from all seasons without waiting for the box sets to come out.

Anywho, I received word from a fan of the CH DVDs via email that CH told him the episode KNIGHT OF THE DRONES will be one on Volume 16 which they also said will be 'available' in April. I'm totally crossing my fingers that KVK will be one of the other eppys on the disc, can't wait to find out more info or get the disc! More to come...

It would be interesting to know what the terms of the license are with CH now that Universal plans to put them out on DVD themselves?

SH

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:40 am

86chvs10 wrote:ok why don't we put on pause. and i will let you know when i see it.
Listen there buddy.. There is no point fighting your way through
this.. Universal Play Back DID NOT release KITT vs KARR.
That item you saw on ebay was just someone who made a copy
from TV , and said that it was a Universal Play back release.
The guy even made a look a like UP case for it.
But it is NOT. OK
There has been alot of complaints about that tape. I don't know
why ebay allows it to be listed..

Tony