what if the knight rider : tos wouldve made it to season 5??

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

what if the knight rider : tos wouldve made it to season 5??

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:44 pm

we all know that the show was basically cancelled before the end of season 4,hate to say before it reached half of season 4, but what if knight rider wouldve made it to season 5??? what wouldve been ki2ts new features, do you think ki2t wouldve had a upgraded body, upgraded dash or voice modulator? tell me what do you think if it wouldve happen
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Iron KITT
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: what if the knight rider : tos wouldve made it to season

Post by Iron KITT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:11 am

If only we got another season!.

Hard to say what direction or path they would have taken with another season.

Super-Pursuit Mode was a pretty big thing for the 4th year, I think they would have found it harder to come with something new and worth while to accompany a fifth year.

When you look at it we got 4 fantastic seasons, 4 fantastic years of adventures, other shows werent so lucky, Street Hawk only got one, Airwolf very sadly only got three original seasons and one 4th season with a completely new cast and no machine, just re-cycling the old footage.

On one hand as a fan you always want more episodes, but really we got lucky, I think Knight Rider had another year left in it, but sometimes its also best to go out on a pretty good note.

Look at firends, I personally think they dragged and milked that show for all its worth and people eventually got sick of it, I know I did.

Knight Rider had an awsome run, I definately would be curious to know what they would have done with a fifth season, was it even ever discussed back then of a possibility?.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:26 am

Iron KITT wrote:I definately would be curious to know what they would have done with a fifth season, was it even ever discussed back then of a possibility?.
The short answer is no. Universal were only concerned with getting the show up to the magic number of 90 hours, in order to sell the show into syndication. Knight Rider hit 90 with its final show, Voo Doo Knight.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:31 pm

so basically if it wouldve made it to a new season then the rating wouldve went down even more. season 5 wouldve been like miami vice season 5. (the newer season to make the show loose more ratings)
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:58 pm

The cancellation of Knight Rider wasn't just because of ratings, it was a little more complicated than that. NBC and Universal had a massive hit with The Cosby Show, and this had a major effect on television at the time - they discovered there was a massive audience out there for studio-based comedies that could be made for relatively little money. Knight Rider was an expensive show: there were cars, stunts, explosions, lots of location shooting... you get the idea.

It's no coincidence that all the action-adventure shows under the Universal banner were phased out around the same time - The A-Team, Airwolf, Hardcastle & McCormick, Riptide... only the mega-successful 'Magnum' and 'Hunter' survived the cull, lasting until the late '80s and early '90s. Ratings for Knight Rider had gone down, but it could have continued (it had a Nielsen Rating of 13.8, and a 22 share); it just made more business sense for Universal to sell the series into syndication than to spend more money producing new episodes. For this to happen, ratings would have needed to be spectacular. Ironically, Universal didn't have high hopes for KR's success in syndication, where it eventually became huge, playing in over 80 countries around the world.

And so, we just don't get shows like that anymore.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:07 pm

didnt miami vice survive il 89 although the rating was gettin bad by season 5??