SoS: M2 - Important Notice - Please Read

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

SoS: M2 - Important Notice - Please Read

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Just a note guys and gals,

I haven't seen a lot of activity thus far with Summer of Secrets: Mission 2 and I have invested far too much effort into it to see the game go to waste. As such, I thank you to those who have chosen to particiapate but this game demands a great deal of time and effort on the part of myself and my friend Gus who is updating the sites and S.I.D. 2.0 week after week. Our updates tend to fall more on Tuesdays, than Mondays.

If I don't start seeing some kind of player commentary or interaction soon, I'm just going to pull the plug on the whole thing and save myself the time it is taking to make the game availible for you, the fans. I have received numerous complaints about puzzles being "too hard" or "pointless" - they are NOT too hard and most definately not "pointless", you just have to take the time to think things through and not assume that the pieces you see are meaningless. I assure you, every step of this game has been thought through carefully - in fact I have needed to revise some things just to extend the game an extra week but I'm not going to go through the time and effort if this concept is not working successfully.

Mission #3 has revealed A LOT of new stuff and more is coming in the weeks ahead.

I created this interactive experience for you, the fans to enjoy and if you just don't have the time or the patience to play it or interact, or even comment about what you like or whatever - then very soon neither will I.

Consider this my Knight Rider based holiday gift - and a grand gift it is, especially when you see what the endgame will be. Additionally for those who participate that I know are participating, there will be a little something extra given to the first ten players to successfully complete the last mission of the game.

Your dilligence, deductive reasoning, and patience will be rewarded but just like Michael Knight, you're going to have to earn it through effort.

I am still working out details but I really want this to work. I have created roughly 21 new pieces of artwork for SoS: M2 and I will not allow that effort nor my time to be squandered away.

So please do not shake my faith in the fans or their desire to see new things come along in the world of Knight Rider. It's not a new series or motion picture, but it is something new I feel the fans should embrace and not take for granted. This may very well be the last project I will do for the fans of Knight Rider in quite awhile as I have other plans for 2011, especially after KRF III.

If you really need help and you're stuck, you can always send me a PM and I will do what I can to help you out.

Thank you and good luck.

=VK=
:dash:

P.S. - Treasure codes will begin appearing on my Facebook and Twitter accounts very, very, soon. The first will be up momentarily. Please read the rules/regulations page on summerofsecrets.com for more info. By now you should be well aware of what S.I.D. 2.0 is and where to locate him to enter the codes you discover.

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: SoS: M2 - Important Notice - Please Read

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 am

I have enjoyed playing the game. At first I had problems finding out the information but soon figured things out by using what I have learned in just using the information in the BAR! Plus you have given GREAT EASY information in helping out with the puzzles, by not giving too much but just the right amount of information, to think by not just seeing the pictures, but by reading what the pictures have to show!

I loved MISSION 3...the information was very entertaining & knowing a few facts about a well known hmmm...yeah...which I didn't know until I read it. S.I.D. 2.0 mainframe is pretty neat!

I'd like to see it continue. It may take me a few times to look, read, stare at hours to see the whole picture, but the puzzles are fun & really not that hard to figure out. Once you've found the information..its very interesting to know. I'm having a blast with what you have done, especially with S.I.D. 2.0!

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:45 am

SoS: M2 has been a blast!!! I am stuck on Mission 3 for some reason ( too much outside interference with work). Hopefully to comeplete it tomorrow.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:27 am

Thank you to you both,

Remember when the game is complete, I plan on rewarding the best agents out there with a little something extra for their efforts (and no it's not a copy of my book, you will likely not have this) to help uncover the clues to the big secret - a real race that will take all of your deductive reasoning to get to the finish line first. If you're dilligently playing the game, I highly suggest you make it known or you may be overlooked later.

I have gone ahead and extended SoS: M2 by adding a new puzzle into the mix for this week's upcoming mission (Mission #4). Better brush up on your Knight Rider series history and some of those codes you've acquired so far might just come in handy.

This is my final suggestion to get into the game. From this point forward, you'll have to find your own way to decipher and follow the map to the endgame.

Also, two "treasure codes" have been revealed.

=VK=

trav. knight
Recruit

Post by trav. knight » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 am

:?
I've been following sos:m2 since it started,I've understood and cracked every puzzle, my only problem is finding the elusive S.I.D 2.0. anything to help my steer back on path :kitt2:
1 man/ 1 car/ 1 diffrence....

1 man can make a diffrence,but you must decide to...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

trav. knight wrote::?
I've been following sos:m2 since it started,I've understood and cracked every puzzle, my only problem is finding the elusive S.I.D 2.0. anything to help my steer back on path :kitt2:
- See the "system breach" thread, it will tell you what you need to know.

Good luck and thanks for playing.

=VK=

trav. knight
Recruit

Post by trav. knight » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 pm

i looked at it,but i'm still lost...
hope my future game \play isn't hindered oby this...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:27 pm

How can you be lost? it's literally spelled out and flashing for you?

AD227529.com - that's where S.I.D. 2.0 is.

=VK=

trav. knight
Recruit

Post by trav. knight » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:39 pm

corection..I just found out it was an A instead of and O..
my mistake....sorry..
just looked at s.i.d 2.0 and it's better then i could have imagened...
thanks for creating this fine work..

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Glad to help, good luck.

The next mission begins soon.

=VK=

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Next mission posted along with another treasure code.

=VK=

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:18 pm

OH YEAH!!! :-D

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

I have not been able to find the SID 2.0 site, when I google AD227529.com, i get a bunch of useless search results. Where do we find the treasure codes if a person is just joining the game? Is there any way for a new player to catch up?

:karr:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Don't google it, type it in the browser window.

Or better yet here...

http://www.ad227529.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No more excuses, seriously. It doesn't get easier than that to get to S.I.D. 2.0 - see http://www.summerofsecrets.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the mission start pages where applicable.

=VK=

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 pm

VK this is all pure flippin genius!!!!! I love every minute of it!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 am

nee716 wrote:VK this is all pure flippin genius!!!!! I love every minute of it!
Thank you nee, people like you are the reason I'm still running the game despite the lack of commentary from the players out there. Little tip to EVERYONE out there who might be playing the game - I strongly suggest you make a post to show you're involved with the missions (for those who haven't done so already) - otherwise you might be left out when I decide to start rewarding players for their dilligence, intelligence, and overall support.

It's not yet too late to get on board Summer of Secrets: Mission 2 but if I don't know you are playing, then I'm not going to know later when it counts. Don't get left out!

You may go ahead and skip to Mission #2 if you prefer - but you will need to at least know the proper codes to the Mission "complete" graphics in order to qualify for other things down the line.

The code for "Mission #2 Complete" was removed from view (replaced), so here it is - use it to test S.I.D. if you like.

GLTHKRRJUGNT

From here on out as the endgame looms closer, you're on your own. I'm not going to ask or give you reason to play the game, I'm just going to move forward and not look back.

To those agents who have stayed on board for the ride - thank you. I hope you've enjoyed the discoveries along the way as much as I enjoyed planning and creating them.

=VK=

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 am

Ok, I have found some answers to mission 4. :karr:

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:14 am

As per VK's request I am uploading a pic of my progress Image

So how long do we have to wait for the next assignment?? I can't stand it anymore :-) The suspence is killing me!
:kitt:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Nice work.

Usually within a week, I post up a new assignment which tends to be late tues to early wed. There's only one more mission left to do though but it's a big one that should take a bit to figure out.

=VK=

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:01 pm

where do we submit the answers to a mission to get codes for SID?

:karr:

LCBenson
Recruit

Post by LCBenson » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Not completely understanding how to play...

It's probably incredibly simple, but... Yeah.
If I am destroyed, so shall you be.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm going to attempt to be as civil about this as possible. I fail to understand what is so hard to "get" about the game? I've given you instructions on the main page, I've given you multiple explainations on how to find codes and I've even blatantly spelled out and linked for you how to get to each mission, S.I.D. 2.0 and the main website.

Honestly I'm getting really irritated with the sheer level of lazy thinking I'm seeing here. It's not complicated if you TAKE THE TIME to READ THINGS- seriously, you're asking me where to put the answers in to get the code? The answers ARE the codes - how hard is that to understand? You take the answers and you go to S.I.D. and you type them in the file code area - when you do that successfully (SID will tell you), new game pieces/images literally pop up on the monitor - click the "+" to blow them up to full size and there you go.

If it's a link location that's revealed (usually has a .com in it) - then you type that into your browser window and go to the site.

Read the guidelines page - it's all explained there.

I can't possibly make this any more easier to explain than that. I WILL NOT tell you how to solve the puzzles because that would negate the point of doing them in the first place. If you absolutely don't "get it" ask other people on here who do. If you can't do that or take the time to figure things out for yourself - I don't know what else to tell you. These challenges are as elementary level as it gets. I even created a maze and if you can't solve a maze then you're really in trouble.

The puzzles involve unscrambling, deciphering, counting, and general trivia. This is stuff you most likely did growing up as a kid - think activity books only you're not told what to do, but you should know what to do.

Thanks.

=VK=

PS - This is the LAST time I'm ever going to do this again. Enjoy it.

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:58 am

Here's my progress of the game:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:53 am

Very impressive. Now people can see S.I.D. 2.0 is more than just an empty computer screen desktop.

Did you enjoy the new art? How hard did you find solving the puzzles?

=VK=

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks!!
I have really enjoyed this game very much. The quiz & puzzles are fabulous! The information I've learned & reading certain articles from the game has made me more aware of what hard work you have done & well I kinda took a few pictures to save on my HD. I love KNIGHT RIDER! I was stumped on one question because I never really seen a picture or anything like knowledge wise of the question asked..but I kinda took a guess & got it right. Reading the articles & seeing the pictures of what you have done makes me more of a HUGE FAN now then ever before. Now all I need is your book & I'm set to go..."Whatever you do, don't press turbo boost" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

PS..the solving part is a bit tricky but if you look close at times, it pops out at you but reading & learning more about both the TV series is quit fascinating! Sometimes I see the puzzle & think..OH WOW! this looks difficult but the answer is right in front of you in plain site!