Favourite Auto Mode/Turbo Boost scenes?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

SadArticle
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Favourite Auto Mode/Turbo Boost scenes?

Post by SadArticle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 am

Yes, I know it's an old, a very old question, but it's fun, too!

I was watching Brother's Keeper (season two) again recently, and thought Kitt's rescue of Michael from prison was excellent - convincing 'Auto' drive staging, and two Turbos in quick succession! :good: I also like the sequence from the pilot episode where Kitt ... gets Michael out of jail - noticing a theme here - and the scene where Kitt drives Natalie to Devon in Short Notice (season one). Sometimes the set-up for Kitt driving by himself was flawless, but every now and again the lump behind the seat and the 'beige arms' made an appearance! :wink:

What are your favourite scenes?
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Favourite Auto Mode/Turbo Boost scenes?

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:09 pm

My favorite turbo boost scene has to be in Knightmares when Kitt turbo boosts off a higher level to hit the chamber at precisely the right angle to knock the pipe to drain the water and save Miss Caufield and lands on a much lower level of the damn.One auto cruise scene I remember was when I was going over in my mind all of kitts capabilities and thought if kitt could drive himself andtint the windows why weren't the 2 used in conjunction to throw off some bad guys into thinking Michael left the area and it was used in Ice Bandits season 3 I thought someone must have read my mind.I also liked that it was used to lure the bad guys in kittnap with the tinted windows since they really wanted to kill Michael.The tinted windows made them think he was inside since cars don't drive themselves.

The_Slammer
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by The_Slammer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:04 am

My favorite Auto Cruise scene is in Lost Knight, where Michael walks away from KITT entangled in the power lines and then KITT decides to just power up and drive off. Also, same episode, when Michael inserts the new memory module into KITT and then gets in and the dash goes from Auto to Normal. Same thing happened in KIller KITT, Season 4.

My favorites have to be when they displayed the dashboard moving between Auto, Normal, or Pursuit. It gave that feeling that the car was really driving itself and/or the car could accelerate extremely quickly. I noticed that KARR never displayed Pursuit, only Auto and Normal, the latter being only in Trust Doesn't Rust. Why they never displayed Normal Cruise in KITT vs. KARR is beyond me.

Oh boy, first posting and I'm rambling on. :shock: I've just been overwhelmed by the DVDs that came out for all my shows in the 70's/80's. The PS3 is getting quite a workout on a regular basis! :mrgreen:

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:33 am

Knight Racer wrote:My favorite turbo boost scene has to be in Knightmares when Kitt turbo boosts off a higher level to hit the chamber at precisely the right angle to knock the pipe to drain the water and save Miss Caufield and lands on a much lower level of the damn.One auto cruise scene I remember was when I was going over in my mind all of kitts capabilities and thought if kitt could drive himself andtint the windows why weren't the 2 used in conjunction to throw off some bad guys into thinking Michael left the area and it was used in Ice Bandits season 3 I thought someone must have read my mind.I also liked that it was used to lure the bad guys in kittnap with the tinted windows since they really wanted to kill Michael.The tinted windows made them think he was inside since cars don't drive themselves.
They used tinted windows a lot in KR08, for some reason, considering level of CGI - I'm currently dipping in and out of the new series on DVD, and there aren't many memorable 'stunt' scenes. The best Auto Cruise scene would have to be in the pilot episode, when KI3T rescues Sarah, after that ... :?

And I love Knightmares, just for the level of Kitt's independence - he has to prove his worth to Michael all over again, and he does it in style ('Wow, you are hot!') :good:

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:47 am

The_Slammer wrote:My favorite Auto Cruise scene is in Lost Knight, where Michael walks away from KITT entangled in the power lines and then KITT decides to just power up and drive off. Also, same episode, when Michael inserts the new memory module into KITT and then gets in and the dash goes from Auto to Normal. Same thing happened in KIller KITT, Season 4.

My favorites have to be when they displayed the dashboard moving between Auto, Normal, or Pursuit. It gave that feeling that the car was really driving itself and/or the car could accelerate extremely quickly. I noticed that KARR never displayed Pursuit, only Auto and Normal, the latter being only in Trust Doesn't Rust. Why they never displayed Normal Cruise in KITT vs. KARR is beyond me.

Oh boy, first posting and I'm rambling on. :shock: I've just been overwhelmed by the DVDs that came out for all my shows in the 70's/80's. The PS3 is getting quite a workout on a regular basis! :mrgreen:
Ramble away, that's why I posted this topic :wink:

Yes, I love that scene in Lost Knight too, it's so sad to see Kitt drifting off by himself! I also like when he's trailing after Doug, and then decides to drive around him and cut him off - that kind of manoeuvre would be scary coming from KARR, but Kitt just wants Doug's help.

And I never thought about Auto and Normal cruise in KVK before, but perhaps that says a lot about KARR's attitude in the sequel? KARR is always in control, John is just a puppet to help him get what he wants. I noticed the Auto and Normal Cruise sequence in Knightmares, though: when Kitt drives Michael back to the semi, the dash is on 'Auto', and then when Michael wants to go after Cara, he switches the panel back to 'Normal'. It's the little details like that which made the show 'real' for me, too.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm

SadArticle,its funny how you put karr using John as a puppetreninded me of how karr was driving just before thump through tge barrels on the truck and John was scared saying where are the breaks?karr said manual overide.If i'm not mistaken that function was designed for the driver not the AI.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Knight Racer wrote:SadArticle,its funny how you put karr using John as a puppetreninded me of how karr was driving just before thump through tge barrels on the truck and John was scared saying where are the breaks?karr said manual overide.If i'm not mistaken that function was designed for the driver not the AI.
I never thought about that line, either, but now that you mention it ..! :shock: KARR is definitely in control this time, which just makes the episode even better. I'm currently rewatching KVK, and KARR is actually quite scary by KR standards. I know fans tend to prefer TDR, because KARR's behaviour is more ambiguous - oh, and he hasn't improbably risen from the sea in almost perfect working order - but KVK KARR wins my vote. He's just wicked :wink:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 am

Yes in KvK he's more on the human level as kitt is then in TDR.In TDR he spoke and thought just like a machine.In KVK he's more human in speech and thought.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Favourite auto cruise moment is Knightmares when Michael loses his memory. KITT scans and locates Michael and drives after him and tries to jog his memory. Then turbo boosts over some road workers and takes Michael back to the foundation. The other bit i like is when Kitt is trying to convince Michael that their a team when Michael walks out of the foundation.

Favourite Turbo Boost. THERE'S SO MANY!!! :D All of them apart from the animated ones (there not real) lol

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:46 pm

favorite Auto Cruise - In "Knight of the Pheonix"(pilot episode) when KITT breaks out of the impound and breaks Michael out of jail.

favorite Turbo Boost - wow. there's sooo many. (123 to be exact) I have more than one favorite - KITT vs KARR @ the end of the episode when KARR explodes, In Brother's Keeper when KITT Turbo Boosts over the jail wall and breaks Michael and that one guy out of jail and they Turbo Boost over the wall again, from the 1st episode, when KITT Turbo Boosts through the Comtron truck, in Knight of the Fast Lane, when Michael and KITT Turbo Boost through the football goal, in Soul Survivor when KITT's body Turbo Boosts over Michael and KITT and in Halloween Knight, when KITT and Michael Turbo Boost through the cinema screen @ the drive-in.
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:12 pm

i think the best one was The Nineteenth Hole season 3 when kitt turbo boost over that camaro

kitt :michael your not thinkin turbo boostin at 120mph, your are !!!!!!!!!
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:28 pm

favourite turbo for me will always be the jump over the ravine in topaz jack gill commented that most jumps were 80-90 feet this one was around 120 so it makes it even more fanastic
favourite autocruise for me is from kotd when kitt comes for mk as hes chasing peter it was the first time autocruise2 (blind driver behind passenger seat) was used i've always thought itwas a brilliant idea it meant kitt could arrive and mk could get into kitt in the same shot instead of cutting the scene to change kitts
heres some stills from the turbo
and the autocruise
notice the jacket over the seat mk reaches for wold not have been able to do that because the blind driver would be on that side
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:23 pm

go to 7:57 on this video also i think another great turbo boost scene was on kitt vs karr when kitt and karr turbo boosted into a collision which kitt won<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/arL04K3HLMw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arL04K3HLMw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:04 am

Hey James,

We don't allow embedded videos on the forum, so can you please post a standard link from here on out. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?