I think david hasselhoff can still pull it off as M.K.

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight56
Rookie

I think david hasselhoff can still pull it off as M.K.

Post by knight56 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:48 pm

I would love to see David hasselhoff drive kitt one more time. And william daniels can still be kitt. What do you think? can it be pull off as a movie or a min series? Or find a man that can pull of william daniels voice. Before david gets older.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: I think david hasselhoff can still pull it off as M.K.

Post by Matthew » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 am

I'd say it's definitely possible if the right story came along. The real problem is that NBC aren't likely to build a project around him after screwing up their last attempt at the show, even if they are willing to acknowledge that a Hasselhoff driven project would have the potential to be a ratings hit, and since the movie is going in another direction, I don't think we're likely to see a reunion any time soon unfortunately.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:35 am

You think he still has the energy to pull it off? I know he can! There's just a lack of will to execute the idea. A well known actor is like a well known automotive brand. You know that you're going to get high quality performance. You know that the actor in question will deliver and "WOW" the viewers.

With that said I can't wrap my head around the decision making in these production companies. How come Clint Eastwood is still producing and David Hasselhoff is not?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Re: I think David Hasselhoff can still pull it off as M.K.

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Can the Hoff do it???? That's like asking a fish if it could swim!! The BigWigs at NBC knows it screwed the fans over. I would love for NBC to have a Original 2 Hour movie called Knight Rider :The Return, And feature Hoff and Bruening as dad and son.(They way they should've in the first place) And even include Patricia McPherson as Bonnie and Deanna Russo as Sarah. With the KI2T (Daniels)and KI3T(Kilmer). I know the ratings would go through the roof!!!!! Heck, it would be even cooler to have Garthe as the Baddie!!!!(Well maybe)
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:40 pm

i think the Hoff can DEFINATLY pull it off. But nobody else would be able to voice KITT except Bill Daniels. I like that idea of the father and son thing with David H. and Justin B. Maybe we can find out that Garthe survived that fall in the ocean, and has been hiding out all these years. He rebuilds KARR, so he's like the KARR from the 08 KR, but he's also like Goliath. He's got the body of a Mustang(with a silver liner @ the bottom like the original KARR from "KITT vs KARR"), but his MBS is like Goliath's. Right there, would be the ultimate villain. Ratings for that would go farther than "through the roof".
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

knight56
Rookie

Post by knight56 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:30 pm

I would love to see david hasselhoff return as the one and only Michael Knight. Event its for a mini series. But the story would have to be good. They would have to say where was Michael Knight all these years and what hapen to FLAG and devon etc.