Mounting fog lights

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

needmykitt
Volunteer

Mounting fog lights

Post by needmykitt » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:08 am

How do I mount the fog lights on my kitt replica? A while back I saw some pictures on how to do it but I can't find them anymore....can some one help please?

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Mounting fog lights

Post by sheltonw3 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 am

most of everything can be bought at lowells or home depot!....6 "L' brackettes one inch wide and three inches by threes inches and two long flat one wide brackettes that are 16" long with holes (for easy mounting) and some nuts and bolts and mabye a tin cutter to trim the brackettes just they are a tad too long or need toi be corner cutted to accomendate the nose!

how amny fog lights are you gonna use?....whos nose do you have?....are you gonna runn the turn signals next tot he fog lights?...food for thought! :kitt:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

needmykitt
Volunteer

Post by needmykitt » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Well I wanna put two on each side and use the nose with the blckouts for the turn signals, i'd like to use three on each side but that might be too complicated for me to convert one of the fog lights into a turning signal

needmykitt
Volunteer

Post by needmykitt » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Well I wanna put two on each side and use the nose with the blckouts for the turn signals, i'd like to use three on each side but that might be too complicated for me to convert one of the fog lights into a turning signal

Beast Rider
Stranger

Post by Beast Rider » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:43 pm

If you really want three lights on each side, you might look at a 91-92 T/A for a pair of turn signal lights. The turn signals on those two year cars (maybe 1990 as well, I am not sure) were already down in that area due to the redesigned nose. Have fun and good luck!! :good: