Inconsistencies between Movie and Show

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Atlantean2005
Recruit

Inconsistencies between Movie and Show

Post by Atlantean2005 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey guys! I know that there are probably a lot of threads or posts seeded in other threads with this topic but I thought that a general thread discussing this topic would be nice. Now, I’m not criticizing the ideas listed here (by that I mean the inconsistencies between the two) just trying to find logical ways to “bridge the gap” so to speak. Plus feel free to post your ideas here and let’s just have fund discussing them and coming up with ideas!!!

For starters: In “Knight to Kings Pawn” (with K.A.R.R.) Right before Mike goes all Rambo-esque, He and Billy are talking on the ways to the arms room, saying that “This goes back to the early days of development. I don’t even think Torres knows this place exists.” Does that mean that Graiman was working out of the SSC BEFORE the movie and just hadn’t really moved KITT there or did Torres come in sometime between the Pilot movie and “Knight in Shining Armor”? Also in that ep, when Mike finds out he was KARR’s original driver, since Jenny, Mike’s mom, knew more than she told Mike, do you think she knew about the KARR fiasco? Or do you think Charles was smart and decided to avoid the wrath of a very unhappy mother? I’m sure I’ll have more soon but this is just to get the ball rolling!!! Have fun guys! :D

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Inconsistencies between Movie and Show

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:14 pm

I think that all she knew was that her son was in the army and that his fsther was Michael Knight.That and the fact that kitt was a trans am.Aside from that I'm sure the military didn't give out any information about top secret missions like karr.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:35 am

atlantean, mind if I uses these ideas? I never really thought of these as inconsistencies, but now that you mention it in this manner, they are indeed inconsistent.

Atlantean2005
Recruit

Post by Atlantean2005 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Kal-el4 wrote:atlantean, mind if I uses these ideas? I never really thought of these as inconsistencies, but now that you mention it in this manner, they are indeed inconsistent.
Not at all. And I guess "inconsistencies" was the wrong word but it was the only one I could think of at the time. lol

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 am

Well one inconsistency is that KITT from the pilot is a manual, and KITT from the show is an auto.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:38 am

thanks guys....

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 am

tamatt27 wrote:Well one inconsistency is that KITT from the pilot is a manual, and KITT from the show is an auto.
Hang on, I thought KITT from the movie was an auto, until they shut the computer down - which put KITT into 'manual' mode. IIRC you see the clutch drop out.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:47 pm

^Yep thats what happened in the Pilot.
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 am

::Jon:: wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:Well one inconsistency is that KITT from the pilot is a manual, and KITT from the show is an auto.
Hang on, I thought KITT from the movie was an auto, until they shut the computer down - which put KITT into 'manual' mode. IIRC you see the clutch drop out.
That's what I was referring to. However in the show, KITT is a full auto complete with auto shifter and everything. A mistake, IMO, mainly because the GT500KR wasn't available in an auto transmission. Plus, I thought it added a nice dimension when Mike would actually DRIVE KITT.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;