Newbie "Little KITT"

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

StevenMillar
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Newbie "Little KITT"

Post by StevenMillar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi Folks,

I have been reading through this a bit so decided to register.

Im a 30 year old guy from Ireland and a big KR fan, always was since a kid.

I had looked a importing a Trans Am a few years ago but due to road tax,import tax, insurance etc and other duties here it would have cost an absolute fortune.......however once the car is over 30 years old it is classed as a `classic` and excempt from these costs so I do plan to get one when the time is right as have always dreamt of one.

In the meantime I have made my own `LITTLE KITT`, its a nippy Honda lookalike with most of the goodies, these are old pics, have more done and hope to have more up soon.

I hope some of you replica owners dont think of this as a joke or mockery, Im as big a fan as yourselves I just dont have a Trans Am......YET

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Newbie "Little KITT"

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey

Nice job. I like you car but your dash is the best...can you show more pics of this dash?? This is amazin, I never seen something like this :good: :shock: What company give you the parts for the electronics??? Reminds me of the TV Show Highwayman 8)

Josch
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

StevenMillar
Volunteer

Post by StevenMillar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks Josch, its no Trans Am though :( and looks better at night.

The voicebox and pods I got from Christian at Jupiter but I made the rest myself as its different.

That was an old photo I had, it has two screens now over the left handside, one playing the screen demos and the other hooked up to a front camera under the bumper but I had to take it all off.

I hope to have it done again in a few weeks and done better with a speaker under the bonnet and few other bits like the new steering wheel so I will get some more pics up then.

As I said it no trams am but its my little kitt......for the moment anyway :)

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Man, very awesome job!!!! You gotta lot of skills and talent to do what you did. I seen a Nissan KITT that dazzled me as well on this site. I'm impressed with your "KITT" I won't even call it "Lil" because it is simply "Da Shizz". I wanna attempt to do something similar to my Pontiac Sunfire.....all I have is the scanner. Whateva you do next with ya vehicle I know it will be cool......
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Avenger95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Avenger95 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:52 am

Very impressive. Almost looks like what I plan on turning my 95 Dodge Avenger into.

Great job!
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

Milo
Recruit

Post by Milo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:02 am

i have seen a one the net some where,but it was on a video doing donuts but cant find it

Bryan KITT Fan
Volunteer

Post by Bryan KITT Fan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 am

Well to be honest a Shelby KR isn't a Trans Am and we can all agree that turning one into a KITT worked out good. So no problem with your choice of car. Very nice job!!