movie and tv gadgets

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

peterp&j
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

movie and tv gadgets

Post by peterp&j » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:19 am

There was a pole to find the greatest tv and movie gadgets of all time and the top 3 were 3rd KITT, 2nd delorian from back to the future and 1st the star trek transporter anyone got any othe gadgets?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: movie and tv gadgets

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:03 am

I don't know if you would call a state-of-the-art computer on wheels that talks a "gadget".I would say James Bond's laser watch,Get Smart shoe phone,Michael Knight's wrist watch comb link which could electricute snakes transmit video footage,and create frequencies to pop open t-tops.Darien Lamberts PPT from Time Trax.Oh and my new laser pointer/led flashlight keychain :lol:

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm

I think of movie & tv gadgets as being the ideas that came as a result of tv and movies,
with the help of modern tech. These are things like the following:
Star Trek: communicators--cell phones, hands free headsets for phones. Phasers--tasers, stun guns.
tablet computers--iPad, internet tablets. tricorder--similar thing now in the works, about the size
of a flip phone, w/ an ultrasound-type attachment. touchscreen computers.
Knight Rider: microwave communication line--OnStar, UConnect, Sync in vehicles, w/ navigation;
dvd enterainment, satellite radio; remote start.
Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman: "bionic" prosthetics that work like real limbs.
There's probably a plethora of other tech advances influenced by tv & movies.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:01 am

You're right knight94.I used to think that real life tried copying movies/tv shows all the time.Look at the old description for knight rider the movie from 5 years ago on imdb.com.Michael knight was frozen until they found a cure for what was killing him and then you have Walt Disney on ice (no not a new musical on broadway).Cloning was done on movies/tv shows then came Dolly the first sheep cloned.