Knightcon - Nick's unspoken speech.

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knightcon - Nick's unspoken speech.

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:40 am

Hey everyone,

I really, really, wanted to give this speech at this year's Knightcon, but unfortunately my voice just would not allow me to do it. Since I invested so much time and effort into writing it - I feel it necessary to post it for everyone to see and enjoy.

So here it goes...

---

KNIGHTCON - A SPECTACULAR JOURNEY

knight - a defender of the crown, champion of right, a man of chivalrous belief or decent.

con - "Con" in the context of people can mean many different CONventional words. A CONversation, a CONversion, a CONference, or a CONvention...

For me when it comes to Knightcon it means "congregation" - a gathering; a group of people in assembly to support a cause of belief.

The fans in the UK stand out as some of the most loyal, hospitable, generous and supportive people I know. Knightcon is not just an event for me, it is an "intimate" experience - an opportunity to get up close and personal with the legends we admire from afar and share our love for this franchise we call "Knight Rider"

I have often said the fans give Knight Rider its value.

Without the passion you put into building your replicas, organizing events, collecting memorabilia, and supporting one another as a collective fandom...

Knight Rider would be a distant memory of yesterday instead of creating new memories to enjoy today.

Nearly 30 years ago - One man made a difference.

Today I say, "one fan can make a difference."

A fan is not gender specific. You can be a man, woman, child, or even a group of any nationality...that's what I love about being a fan - Knight Rider is what you choose to make of it.

Right now I would like to recognize our special guests for a moment -

Michael Scheffe - Mike is one of the most humble and talented people I know. His illustrative mastery whether on his own or collectively with other artists have allowed us to imagine, replicate, and believe in automotive impossibilities.

His design influence continues to inspire us today from his work on K.I.T.T. and his contributions to the Back to the Future Delorean - Michael is without a doubt a man of outstanding character and...the talent to match.

---

Rebecca Holden - More than her character "April Curtis", the southern girl next mechanic in Season Two, Rebecca is as courageous as she is beautiful. Her passion for singing and gospel harmony is truly a gift from the heavens above.

Thank you Rebecca for coming out here "across the pond" and sharing your fascinating experiences from Knight Rider with us. You are one woman who still makes a difference.

---

Catherine Hickland - Who can forget her character "Stevie" - loyal to Michael up until the tragic end - a rose whose scent still lingers forever.

If I were to describe Cat in one word, it would be "radiant".

Catherine's positive energy lights up the lives of everyone she encounters with every radiant smile and every hug she freely gives. Catherine is my muse, more than simply a woman - she is an experience you will never forget - an endless source of inspiration and personal guidance.

Cat makes me believe angels can exist.

----

I am pleased to call these special guests not just legends of Knight Rider, but also my dearest friends.

In conclusion, I would like to recognize two other specific people who could not be here with us today.

First is my Dad, Gary Spohn. Without him there would be no "Knight Rider Companion" to enjoy. My Dad is the reason I am here. His endless support and financial backing allowed me to become the man I am today. He is not just my Dad,

he is my hero...

---

Last but certainly not least - I would like to thank Creator/Executive Producer of Knight Rider (and my mentor) - Glen A. Larson.

Glen wanted to be here with us today but he is hard at work creating the next big screen adventure of Knight Rider. Our goal is to bring you the motion picture you have been waiting for.

The epic story of Knight Rider as if it occurred today in our modern world. Something new, yet familiar.

My journey with Knight Rider fans began with Knightcon back in '07 - when I asked Glen to publically address his fans for the first time in over a decade. What began as a personal favor for Steve and Rob has turned into an exciting adventure.

So I think it is only fitting I end this speech with a familiar quote from his historic video greeting -

"Might I suggest you keep your eye on the horizon because like a mighty Phoenix, Michael and K.I.T.T. will rise from the ashes to face the forces of evil once more."

---

Thank you so very much Rob, Steve, Tony, Stuart, Mike, Chris, and the rest of the Knightcon crew for making this event possible. Thank you everyone for your patience and support.

You are all my "congregation" of friends.

---

I have read the movie script Glen is crafting and I assure you...

A New Knight is Coming...

---

With all that said as K.A.R.R. would say...

"Let the magic begin."

*hold for applause - end*

-Nick

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knightcon - Nick's unspoken speech.

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:21 am

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.Nice speech Victor.Sorry you couldn't give it in person at knightcon.Would have been great to see on video and the applause that would have followed from such inspiring words.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knightcon - Nick's unspoken speech.

Post by Showpro1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 pm

Nick,
Bravo my friend, Knightcon 2010 was very inspiring for you.
Im going to have to attend next year if at all possible.

D. Doggett. :kittconv2: