Knightcon 2010: Your reviews!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knightcon 2010: Your reviews!

Post by neps » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey All,

Hope you all had a blast at Knighcon! Looks like Steve, Rob and all put on an amazing show! For those less fortunate and not able to attend, please be sure to share your pictures/videos here!

Victor Kros posted some pics from the VIP party - you can find those here: viewtopic.php?p=193434#p193434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some pics found on twitter by user @Bionic_Tweets:
167750272-0be65e13db5d1b995c29622d0cf8efb1.4c9e85f8-full.jpg
167750272-0be65e13db5d1b995c29622d0cf8efb1.4c9e85f8-full.jpg (101.08 KiB) Viewed 13375 times
167754714.jpg
167754714.jpg (92.76 KiB) Viewed 13375 times

derekw76
Recruit

Re: Knightcon 2010: Your reviews!

Post by derekw76 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:05 pm

I look foward to seeing more pics and video of the event.
.....And I thought I was the only Weird Knight Rider Freak!!!

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by simon_a6 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:15 am

A magic day.
The guy in the corner with the talking car was great to talk to. Very hospitable.
Michael, Catherine and Rebecca had so much time for everyone and it was a joy to meet them.
I asked Michael a question from this forum. Look for the thread about the dash and the guy with a New Replica.

Well done to all the organisers. It was very special.

A few of my pics attached (tho I have about 140mb worth of pics!!!).

Simon
Attachments
Catherine was just lovely.
Catherine was just lovely.
krcatherine.jpg (88.18 KiB) Viewed 13327 times
krmescreen.jpg
krmescreen.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 13327 times
krstars.jpg
krstars.jpg (87.82 KiB) Viewed 13327 times

Knight2008
Volunteer

Post by Knight2008 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 am

If I look to the First Picture I know were are all the Cowl Induction Hoods :wink:
Greetings, Dominik

Lifedream: 2nd Season KITT :) :dash: :kitt:

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 am

Once again, another excellent event, made better by the personal appearances of the two very special
guests, Catherine and Rebecca, who made sure they spent time with as many of the fans and visitors
as possible, and even insisted on signing autographs on all the KITT replicas They said they'd both be
back here for next years event, and said they'd even try to get the Hoff to make a real appearance
at the actual event itself, rather than just on the special tribute presentation DVD.

All in all, it was a great experience, and a very refreshing change to meet a couple of celebrities who
definitely aren't self centred and shallow, unlike other supposedly famous persons we have in the UK
(such as Big Brother contestants, and Katie Price) that don't deserve to be classed as celebs at all.

Once again, the original KR series production designer Michael Scheffe was stunned to see so many
replica KITT cars based on the designs he made 28 years ago. I asked him, if back then he'd have
been told he'd be able to attend an event like this with all these replica KITTs as far forward as
the 21st Century, he said no before I'd even finished asking the question! I guess he knew
where the question was going, and I guess I already knew what the answer might be!

It was another brilliant event that seems to get bigger every year, especially with the VIP guests
that make such a big (and tiring for them) effort to get here from thousands of miles away.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, I already gave my opinion in Nick's thread but I guess I could echo here that it was definetely the best KR convention I have been to and easily beat out KRF II!

I would like to know if all those props on show inside the hotel were originals or replicas? And also the KITT inside the tent that was parked in the "inside" of the FLAG truck?

The celebs were very courteous, Catherine Hickland made me freeze with her kisses on my cheek inside the restaurant when she, Rebecca Holden and Nick Nugent came in to probably grab something to eat themselves and we all had a 5 minute chat about how well the day had gone. :oops: :D

Rebecca, Catherine and Nick could easily have just treated us as "their job" and ignored us when they were going about their private business like so many other celebs would have but they showed they are genuine, down to earth people who make the time for their fans because they want to.

KRFII was a great event but Knightcon easily topped it with it's cosiness and the feeling of it being much more "exclusive" for it's fans not to mention there were many more surprises for us, too!

KRF definetely has the ability to equal Knightcon and I am confident in it's ability to do just that in the future.

Bring on Vegas!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:48 pm

"KRFII was a great event but Knightcon easily topped it with it's cosiness and the feeling of it being much more "exclusive" for it's fans not to mention there were many more surprises for us, too!"
That's exactly what Catherine told me too, about the intimacy of it.

She was such a delightly lady. And loved her hugs.

jgcoombes
Rookie

Post by jgcoombes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 pm

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Kn ... 6558784.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aydann.
Rookie

Post by Aydann. » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

I wish I could have been their!
Sadly I couldn't get the funding for Transport costs as I live in Scotland. I'm sure in 2011 if theirs an event, It'll be on My list ;]
One man can make a difference, Michael.