David's sage advice about recreating kr for TKR

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

David's sage advice about recreating kr for TKR

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:03 am

I was digging through my old knight rider binder i kept before i had a pc in 97.I went to the library and printed tons of pages of fan fics and stuff to read over the weekend.Here's an interesting article i found about the tkr producers coming to David to ask him to be on the show.I knew it was funny how he gave the same advice to Justin Bruening about how the show should be run.10 years later,same advice.

Funny how after Baywatch he was all like,"Lets bring back KR.Its the right time."Sure after his Baywatch ended and he practically spit on KR lol.

David
Rookie

Re: David's sage advice about recreating kr for TKR

Post by David » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 am

Knight Racer wrote:I was digging through my old knight rider binder i kept before i had a pc in 97.I went to the library and printed tons of pages of fan fics and stuff to read over the weekend.Here's an interesting article i found about the tkr producers coming to David to ask him to be on the show.I knew it was funny how he gave the same advice to Justin Bruening about how the show should be run.10 years later,same advice.

Funny how after Baywatch he was all like,"Lets bring back KR.Its the right time."Sure after his Baywatch ended and he practically spit on KR lol.
He's done a lot of crazy things, but DH has never "spit" on the series that made him an international star. In that article, he's talking about how the producers of TKR just wanted to cast him in the show. At that point, the Hoff was still A Pretty Big Deal following the success of Baywatch, on which he had produced and (I think) written & directed.

In other words, if he was coming back to Knight Rider then, it was never going to be "just" as a player. He'd want a role behind the scenes too.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:52 pm

He didn't have to say those days are over as playing Michael Knight.He could have at least done a cameo for the series.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Knight Racer, he may have meant that days are over for him playing bit part roles and that now he would want/need to have a more major part.

Just a guess.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:39 am

He even tried to apply for the role as Michael Knight again for kr08 as long as they did it his way.He wanted to be in control forthe development of the new series and they said no.In 1997 they asked him to join and they said no to him being a producer.In 2008 He asked for the role and to be the producer and they still said no.Granted a decade apart must have changed the people in charge at the network but to me it just seems like at one point the role was offered to him on a silver platter and he turned it down and ten years later he's begging to be Michael Knight and as a producer and they rejected him this time.