New Knight Rider Apps...

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MKnight1984
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New Knight Rider Apps...

Post by MKnight1984 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:05 pm

I don't know why anyone isn't discussing these or why there's no new about them but there are 2 new Knight Rider Apps in iTunes for the iPhone and iPod Touches... The first new app is called "Speed Mate" and it's the speedometer from the Knight 3000 and it even has a HUD Display option for your windshield... The second app is a Knight Rider video game that appears to be officaly licensed from Universal and NBC... It's an aerial view of KITT and you drive around as Michael Knight completeing missions and so forth... I think both apps are great and I'm going to try and take some screen captures to post on the forum later... But for now I just want to hear everyones opinions on these apps considering there has been no real Knight Rider new for a while...

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Re: New Knight Rider Apps...

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Are there any for the iPad?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:58 pm

I wish those apps were to be ported over to the android market.I've got 2 soundboards a david hasselhoff style magic 8 ball app.It doesn't hurt that i have the knight rider rom for my nes emulator which is legal since i own the game on my nes.

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm

I have a Droid too and there are no apps really for Knight Rider :-/ ... Idk if they're on the iPad, please check iTunes and let me know please cause I want an iPad real bad :-) ... I'm going to post some in game pics of the apps by tomorrow hopefully! :-)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:44 pm

In fairness, we have talked about these games when they came out. The game you mentioned was out back in May, here is the thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You also posted about Speed Mate back in April: viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=15866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But no harm in discussing them again! Fun fact I forgot to mention on the original discussion (I was moving at the time) we consulted on the Knight Rider game. It was more about the characters and technology (boy did they miss the point of Turbo Boost originally) - we unfortunately never did get a beta to demo, and the birds-eye view was always their plan from day one.

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 am

Oh wowwww.... Now I feel really dumb haha... I try to follow the forums as much as possible but sometimes I get overwhelmed and can't keep up, I have a lot going on right now... It's just that when there's been a release for apps about Knight Rider you guys usually do a big news article about it, I was just taken aback that there was nothing form me to find easily... That's a me thing though haha... But yea I really like the game and I hope they make a sequel... I was just dissapointed that there are only 16 levels, the game is done quickly... It left me wanting more... Thanks for the response... I'm still gonna post some pics for everyone if that's ok?? Thanks for the response!!!