KITT on British tv tonight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT on British tv tonight

Post by Skav » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 pm

There was a programme called 'Tv's Greatest Mistakes' and it chose a season 1 episode (think it was Forget Me Not) of KITT backing out between two cars because the parking attendants parked the cars closely up against him so he couldn't get out.

The programme showed the hands holding the steering wheel.

Personally, there are far worse mistakes than that in the show so I'm surprised they never chose a more obvious one considering the programme's title.

But it was nice to see KR mentioned anyway!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Re: KITT on British tv tonight

Post by whet » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah I seen that show to..
Knight Rider got 3 mentions..
Oddly enough all from the same episode"Forget my not"
The first one was when Micki jumps out of the Limo, and they pointed out it was a stunt double that looked diffrent.
Second was the one you mentioned with the bumprers and the hand..
The third one was from where the horse box towards the end of the episode pulls up and you can see the shadows of the camera crew..

Maybe someone could do a show on their mistakes??
Like being so lazy as just to feature one episode all the time when there are plenty of mistakes they could feature..
I bet we could do a better job on here of some of them..

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:07 am

Anyone ever wonder why they never used a cloth that matches the aphoulstry (bad spelling I know) along the driver in the seats arms and black gloves for the steering wheel?It would have been harder to spot that mistake.

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Anyone ever wonder why they never used a cloth that matches the aphoulstry (bad spelling I know) along the driver in the seats arms and black gloves for the steering wheel?It would have been harder to spot that mistake.
Because that would have been too easy :lol:
:kittconv:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Anyone ever wonder why they never used a cloth that matches the aphoulstry (bad spelling I know) along the driver in the seats arms and black gloves for the steering wheel?It would have been harder to spot that mistake.

The producers never thought people would notice or care even if they did analyze vhs recordings, it was pretty hard to spot unless you had eyes like a hawk. Its only since KR appeared on on DVD that you can really notice all the boo boo's. :good:

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:36 pm

True - but you can easily see the steering wheel in Slamin Sammy's, and the 'flat dash' on every single show ending.
I know I know.... that ending was made on a shoe string when they were trying to throw it all together for the demo for the big sale of the show.
But still - god it's obvious when you look at it. The Blunders section of this forum shows so many fantastic blunders, but for me, that remains the ultimate. Because it is on every single episode..