MIO KR Nav worth buying?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Orion1978
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

MIO KR Nav worth buying?

Post by Orion1978 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 pm

I found I Mio KR Nav systemm online for a 150 bucks.. However Im worried about buying it since it only has 2008 Maps loaded into it and there doesnt seem to be any updates for it. Im afriad to buy the thing and not ever be able to update date it through out the next years?

Any Suggestions? :kitt:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: MIO KR Nav worth buying?

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:20 pm

What makes you think there wouldn't be any updates for it? The Mio GPS units are just like any ordinary TomTom or Garmin devices with regular updates every year. It doesn't matter what model you have or what OS you are running as long as it's a legit device there will always be new firmware and update installs available!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Orion1978
Volunteer

Post by Orion1978 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Ive read some horror stories with people saying they cant get updated maps because MIO didnt put out updates for that unit.. Thats why Im asking.. Ive never had GPS and know nothing about them.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Here's my advice for you. Forget about the Mio GPS and buy the Garmin Nuvi 3790T instead. It's a little more expensive than the Mio but you get a lot more for your money, let me tell you. It's the slimmest GPS device yet with a design inspired by the iPhone. It has got voice command and bluetooth that enables you to connect your mobile phone and recieve all incoming calls and text messages via your GPS. You have tons of different functions such as 'EcoRoute', Favourite destinations and a lot more! You've got all the traffic information for FREE (which you don't get for free if you buy the TomTom btw). It has a card slot for memory upgrades and the voice of Kitt is available for it as well!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Orion1978
Volunteer

Post by Orion1978 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 pm

WOW sounds good thanks for the advise =)

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:42 am

You're welcome! In the end it's all preference, though. Go and check it out first before you actually buy it, to make sure you like the design as well as the functions. The touch screen is just as crisp and clear as the iPhone, and with rotation capabilities.