Just Finished Watching The Roast!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Just Finished Watching The Roast!

Post by kitt1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Well...I just finished watching it and I laughed my ass off! Nothing was off limits and the Hoff took it all in good stride. Alex, your car looked great. I'm glad it got some screen time with KITT talking to David. I have a friend that is going to burn me a DVD of the later un-edited version. I give it a A+++

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

nee716
Operative

Re: Just Finished Watching The Roast!

Post by nee716 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:00 am

I agree with you Mark. I didnt stop laughing from minute 1 and Alex's KITT looked great!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Agreed Alexis Kitt looked great up there.

The whole show was good,I even like the intro with with what looked like a David action figure even the Montage was funny,awesome stuff :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Some observations . . .

The animated KITT in the opening titles and the giant voice modulator on the set looked a lot like the ones made
by Davilex for the two (not-as-good-as-they-could've-been) Knight Rider video games from about 8 years ago!

Despite the warning of strong language at the start, all the actual strong language was bleeped out! There was a
short series of Comedy Roast shows made here for Channel 4 earlier this year ... totally unbleeped, with some
of the strongest language you can get away with on British TV ... even the C word ... yes, that word!

I thought the profanity ban on network TV in the US had been lifted by the Obama administration, yet even a
cable channel like Comedy Central still chooses to bleep out the strongest cuss words. Do they still bleep the
potty mouth dialog on broadcasts of South Park, even though the online versions are unbleeped?

I've never heard of Gilbert Gottfried, or seen him on TV before ... is he always such a shouty gobsh!te?!?

Good show though. I notice the Roasters seem to receive more abuse than the actual Roastee!

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:22 pm

i didnt enjoy it, like said above about 15 mins total was roasting David the rest was abusing the "celeb panel" over and over drinking jokes and i just thaught it was poor, thats my opinion

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:32 pm

DJGM wrote:Some observations . . .

I've never heard of Gilbert Gottfried, or seen him on TV before ... is he always such a shouty gobsh!te?!?
Yeah! You might remember him from Beverly Hills Cops II as Maxwell Dent's annoying accountant Sidney Bernstein? His career basically consists of being bloody annoying, that said he will eventually break you down and you can't help but laugh... he is a funny guy.
DJGM wrote:Good show though. I notice the Roasters seem to receive more abuse than the actual Roastee!
My thoughts exactly... I've seen a few roasts and it tends to be par for the course but I'm not sure how many jokes you can make out of the Hoff anyway seeing as his whole life has pretty much been televised... His persona is borderline parody at any rate. The obvious drinking jokes were predictable and not amazingly funny, the only one that made me squirm was the "Hoffs liver is so black, shriveled up and dead, if you... " You know the one! :lol:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 am

weeezl wrote:
DJGM wrote:Some observations . . .

Yeah! You might remember him from Beverly Hills Cops II as Maxwell Dent's annoying accountant Sidney Bernstein? His career basically consists of being bloody annoying, that said he will eventually break you down and you can't help but laugh... he is a funny guy.
DJGM wrote:Good show though. I notice the Roasters seem to receive more abuse than the actual Roastee!
My thoughts exactly... I've seen a few roasts and it tends to be par for the course but I'm not sure how many jokes you can make out of the Hoff anyway seeing as his whole life has pretty much been televised... His persona is borderline parody at any rate. The obvious drinking jokes were predictable and not amazingly funny, the only one that made me squirm was the "Hoffs liver is so black, shriveled up and dead, if you... " You know the one! :lol:
- Gilbert Gottfried was a character in Duckman, Mr. Mxyzptlk in Superman: The Animated Series, Co-Host of USA's "Up All Night", the voice of the Aflac duck, and mostly known for the voice of Iago the devious parrot in Disney's Aladdin movies and series. I met Gilbert at the Roast afterparty and he's a nice guy - his loud, obnoxious voice is just part of his comedian act.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Victor Kros wrote:. I met Gilbert at the Roast afterparty and he's a nice guy - his loud, obnoxious voice is just part of his comedian act.
Yeah I thought so, just I've never heard or seen him as himself, only his comedic persona. I really did'nt think anybody could be that loud and obnoxious all the time... well, apart from my ex-wife that is. :mrgreen: