The next mission begins...

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: The next mission begins...

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:11 am

Are you ready for a new Summer of Secrets? Your next mission is coming.

Play. Decipher. Discover. Soon.

=VK=
8-18-23.15-18-5-22-8
:dash:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:08 am

Now K.I.T.T. isn't the only one with his own "kit" nor is it completely identical. Only those who choose to take on the mission will see it all.

Have I got your attention yet? hehe.

=VK=

Rainack
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Rainack » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:27 am

Nick, you had my attention from your first post! :)
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Hmmmm? I can't work it out are you making a Kitt owners manual.I quess i'll have to wait and find out :D
:kittconv:

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:53 pm

hmmmmm... Just throwing it out there... Maybe KARR was supossed to be the Hero Vehicle....Think about it...It makes sense to me at least. If I try to imagine KARR using Williams Daniels' voice it does make a "1980's" sense right off the bat. The word robot was used A LOT back then to describe anything with Artifical Intelligence. So in essence, giving a car a personality in the 80's that would be called a "robot" or some variation with a "human essence" would never work. So renaming the vehicle something more human/personal makes more sense to make the car more of a partner figure. Remember there are humans named Kit. So utilizing a "human essence" (personality/voice/intelligence) would make it more appealing to the audience as a vital part/partner of the show not just a tool.

How does everyone else feel about this? Am I alone on this? lol

I would write more but I have 4 servers down and have to get back to work

:kitt: :karr:

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:44 pm

I agree with you 100%!!! That was the one important thing missing in the new series, The SuperCar's Humanity.....the original KARR was more of a weapon than a humanistic personality. KARR in KVK seemed cunning and devious like a sadistic Boris Badenoff looking for "moose and squirrel" (inside joke). Even the latest incarnation on KARR seemed desperate to have Mike, but not as a friendlike partner status. The 3000 had lil jokes like when he did the drill instructor voice, but when it came to the ep he was infected, even Mike said himself KI3T isn't supposed to have feelings. Interesting enough on TKR, the previous version of KR, the K.R.O. which was supposed to be the successor of KI2T at the time, cared for Martin Jantzen. Even when he was about to be covered in the Orangish, Red molten "metal" (which is almost the same color as the KI3T's Scanner...haha) K.R.O. wanted Martin to escape. He wasn't sayin "Martin, we must become one....till death do we part." I believe IMO that KARR was supposed to have been a weapon for the previous KNIGHT Agent but got killed by that guy in Knight Of The Drones. He must've gotten killed before KARR was finished.
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Nicholas Knight wrote:I agree with you 100%!!! That was the one important thing missing in the new series, The SuperCar's Humanity.....the original KARR was more of a weapon than a humanistic personality. KARR in KVK seemed cunning and devious like a sadistic Boris Badenoff looking for "moose and squirrel" (inside joke). Even the latest incarnation on KARR seemed desperate to have Mike, but not as a friendlike partner status. The 3000 had lil jokes like when he did the drill instructor voice, but when it came to the ep he was infected, even Mike said himself KI3T isn't supposed to have feelings. Interesting enough on TKR, the previous version of KR, the K.R.O. which was supposed to be the successor of KI2T at the time, cared for Martin Jantzen. Even when he was about to be covered in the Orangish, Red molten "metal" (which is almost the same color as the KI3T's Scanner...haha) K.R.O. wanted Martin to escape. He wasn't sayin "Martin, we must become one....till death do we part." I believe IMO that KARR was supposed to have been a weapon for the previous KNIGHT Agent but got killed by that guy in Knight Of The Drones. He must've gotten killed before KARR was finished.
- I believe it is implied more that K.A.R.R. killed his previous driver in order to preserve itself. Whether directly or indirectly isn't clear. What is clear is that whatever happened, it was devastating enough for Wilton to order K.A.R.R. to be deactivated, stored away, and never heard from again until he was found much later. When first activated, K.A.R.R. is very much an infant trying to understand the newfound world he finds himself in. In KITT vs KARR he's been active but immobile - more of a real prison and not so much a deep sleep. This allowed K.A.R.R. to evolve and develop artificial "feelings" of regret, anger, vengeance, and so on. He remembered Michael Knight and K.I.T.T. clear enough to take the fight to them. As for the 08 K.A.R.R.E. - well...we didn't have enough time to really understand anything about it other than it also killed people and was deactivated by Charles Graiman.

The same problem exists with most of KR08 - lack of strong and consistant character development. We knew very little about the new K.A.R.R.E. all we were really given was that he was originally driven by Mike Tracuer - other than that such as whether or not he was the original K.A.R.R. microprocessor or whatever is never explained. He just magically appears out of no where with an objective to take control and reunite with Mike and that's about it.

I mean even if K.A.R.R.E. managed to capture and rebond with Mike and destroy K.I.T.T., then what? What would be K.A.R.R.E's next move?

Incidentally, none of this has anything to do with my cryptic hints in this thread other than creating a K.A.R.R. kit which no one has seen before.

=VK=

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 am

VK You rock!!! Just when I think I am on to something it turns out to be totally different. Well played sir :-) I am just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Ok for KR08 whats the "E" stand for in K.A.R.R.E.?

Sorry I had to ask? :(
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Knight Automated Roving Robot Exoskeleton

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Actually the full name for the 08 KARR(E) is Knight Auto-Cybernetic Roving Robotic-Exoskeleton

Talk about a mouthful.

=VK=

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Higher detailed spokes in the wheels,an overhead console,a doorhandle with keyhole in the right order this time  ,a more accurate nose than what was in the real kitt kit.A different air vent behind the front wheel well.Also a lower under front side panel.An additional line in the middle of the car between the 2 wheels.

I have the PDF versions of the kitt kit and just for fun I also uploaded the kitt kit commercial from the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3V1sjHhks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 am

Knight Racer wrote:Image

Higher detailed spokes in the wheels,an overhead console,a doorhandle with keyhole in the right order this time  ,a more accurate nose than what was in the real kitt kit.A different air vent behind the front wheel well.Also a lower under front side panel.An additional line in the middle of the car between the 2 wheels.

I have the PDF versions of the kitt kit and just for fun I also uploaded the kitt kit commercial from the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3V1sjHhks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- And that's just the top half ;)

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Actually the full name for the 08 KARR(E) is Knight Auto-Cybernetic Roving Robotic-Exoskeleton

Talk about a mouthful.

=VK=
Wow I never even noticed that in KR08,at least I know now :)

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:12 pm

It was said in Episode 6 Knight Of The Living Dead - Halloween Episode. When KITT was talking about KARRE it was real fast.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:20 am

Vic, you doin a great job and keep up the dynamic work!!! Sorry if my KARR inquiry has thrown this off a bit, ok?
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:33 am

nee716 wrote:It was said in Episode 6 Knight Of The Living Dead - Halloween Episode. When KITT was talking about KARRE it was real fast.
Ah ok,I only caught the KARR part not the "E",but thanks for clearing it up fellas :)

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:32 am

Nicholas Knight wrote:Vic, you doin a great job and keep up the dynamic work!!! Sorry if my KARR inquiry has thrown this off a bit, ok?
- I have made a little addition to the project I am constructing - so it's now fair game to discuss it to some extent. (I left off the "E" to be nice to 08 "KARR" fans)

Soon.

=VK=

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Not all robotic agents created for F.L.A.G. make it back in one piece...

=VK=
S.I.D. = Space Intruder Detector, Gerry Anderson may not be impressed. :D

Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 am

>
8-18-23.15-18-5-22-8
>SOS.Ver2
>Soon.

=VK=

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:10 pm

8-18-23.15-18-5-22-8
h-r-w.o-r-e-v-r

meh...damn it....

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:40 pm

HRW.OREVH

HRW.HOVER
HWR.HOVER
RHW.HOVER
RWH.HOVER
WHR.HOVER
WRH.HOVER

I'm just guessing..I have no clue what I'm doing! :lol:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:42 am

You're thinking too traditionally. Think different.

=VK=

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 am

Having recently watched a Knight In Shining Armor, I'm reminded of the grid coordinates that were used to find Katherine Granger’s treasure.

If these are indeed map coordinates, then Google places them in Cancún.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Matthew wrote:Having recently watched a Knight In Shining Armor, I'm reminded of the grid coordinates that were used to find Katherine Granger’s treasure.

If these are indeed map coordinates, then Google places them in Cancún.

Matt
-Not map coordinates, it's much simpler than that but good guess though! 3,2,1, solving puzzles is so much fun!

=VK=