Building a Revell model Shelby Mustang but...

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Anlashok
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Building a Revell model Shelby Mustang but...

Post by Anlashok » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:31 pm

I really want to alter it to be the new Knight Rider car, has anyone come across a site that shows what I need to change on the kit. I've plenty of pictures stored and have been building models for a number of years so wouldnt have a problem scratch building a few parts if need be, but any pointers would be more than welcome :)

KARR32
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Building a Revell model Shelby Mustang but...

Post by KARR32 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:17 am

if you can find it you might be better off getting your hands on the gt500KR model itself which i think would be a better base to do your project. I won't swear to it but i think it's a limited edition as i havn't seen many of them so check your local hobby store IE Hobbytown or anywhere models are sold, if you can't find it there try ebay. Me personally i would rather scratchbuild what i need, more fun that way. Either way hope this helps you out a bit and good luck.

:karr:
"Think Of Me As The Genie In The Magic Lamp"

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Building a Revell model Shelby Mustang but...

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:48 pm

yeah, get the GT500KR kit, it is a limited edition but you can find it on ebay fairly easy. neat thing about the kit is it comes with the hood/roof/rear deck/side graphics and stripes in silver or a satin black perfect for doing a KITT or a KARR :good:

search results for GT500KR model kits on ebay
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot