ERTL Joyride KARR, batteries

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

ERTL Joyride KARR, batteries

Post by KITTfan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Pressed the "Try me" button to see KARR's scanner but to my surprise it was very very dim and slow so I thought the batteries must have lost the power. Opened the battery compartment and checked the batteries with digital test instrument. It looks like one of the batteries have somehow changed the polarity and when I placed that battery the other way around, the scanner worked normally :shock:
How is this possible? Needless to say I removed the batteries from the model and will buy new ones as these were the original ones from 2007 when I got the model.

Had to put the one battery upside down so the scanner would work:
Here's two batteries tested the same way, one is intact, the one with the minus reading is the flawed one:
ImageImage
:karr:

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Re: ERTL Joyride KARR, batteries

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:24 am

where did you find your ERTL KARR? I have been looking for one for quite a while.

:karr: Image

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:37 am

you have to scower ebay or amazon!....some hobby shops might ,but thats hard to say which ones actually sales them.
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:12 am

K.A.R.R. (09) wrote:where did you find your ERTL KARR? I have been looking for one for quite a while.

:karr: Image
Bought mine from online modelshop in 2007 when there were still plenty of these available with regular price. By now it seems to have become rare model and the prices look horrible at ebay, currently the cheapest going for $126,89 and the most expensive one $309,46 :shock: