Attack KITT sighted on Universal Backlot Tour

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Attack KITT sighted on Universal Backlot Tour

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:58 am

I just have a very very hard time believing that they would place such an expensive vehicle out in the sun, sand, wind, rain, and other elements...
I was told that thousands upon thousands of dollars were invested in that car alone...why put it outside under a flimpsy canopy?
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:24 am

Because they don't need it anymore so really the cost is irellivant
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Then why not sell it before it deteriorates, gets scratched, or rusts? Also, while the show is still somewhat fresh on people's minds? It's value now will get the company money that they need now. If it's out in the sun, then they could care less if it draws a crowd...You couldn't stop and take a picture with it anyway.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Well can you actually walk by and up to it to take pics or is just the tram that drives by it and thats as close as you can get to it? :?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Milo
Recruit

Post by Milo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:37 am

they need a cars of tv and movies near there , like they do in the one in the UK , which I've actually been too,
they could set these cars up so that you can walk around them but not sit in them, and they could maintain them ,
would be great.. :kitt: :dash4:

spooky
Recruit

Post by spooky » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Slade wrote:Well can you actually walk by and up to it to take pics or is just the tram that drives by it and thats as close as you can get to it? :?
nope. you see KITT when the tram drives by the area with the rest of the vehicles. you can't get out and stand next to it or anything. i remember(very early 80's) before you could walk up to the Trans AM KITT and talk with him, he was just on display on a high riser. high above everyone so you couldn't look inside. the scanner was not working and the windows were completely tinted. the Magnum PI Ferrari is a joke though, since it's not even a real Ferrari that is on display. it's just the stunt car that was said to be a VW with a Ferrari body kit attatched or so the tour guide explained.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Milo wrote:they need a cars of tv and movies near there , like they do in the one in the UK , which I've actually been too,
they could set these cars up so that you can walk around them but not sit in them, and they could maintain them ,
would be great.. :kitt: :dash4:
The one (Cars of the Stars Museum) in Keswick? We actually got to see those cars, take photos, and sit inside them but then again we also had the legendary Michael Scheffe with us.

=VK=
:dash:

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Sad. Canceled or not, these cars don't deserve to be in the backlot like yesterday's trash. Just because the park doesn't have the space is no excuse.