Best Auto Cruise scene?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightmanbas.
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Best Auto Cruise scene?

Post by knightmanbas. » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi, we all know of the less than ideal Auto Cruise scenes, when we see hands, humps, giant seats etc. Let's look at the matter from another angle, namely, which scenes are very well done? I think series 4 was the best for these, but in Knight of The Chameleon (Series 3), when Michael gets out to talk to Toni, the effects are good.

peterp&j
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Best Auto Cruise scene?

Post by peterp&j » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:59 pm

i know im the first one to admit that i will point out auto cruise mistakes but the shots below still for me remain my favourite auto cruise scene its from kotd from season3 kitt comes for micheal while hes chasing peter its the first time i noticed the gullwing wheel spin while in auto cruise up to then the blind driver sat behind the drivers seat and the shot of david jumping into kitt would always be edited so cars could be changed whereas here the car has the blind driver behind the passenger seat
then as kitt arrives i noticed the leather jacket over the drivers seat (i remember thinking how can the driver see?
thendavid can then jump into kitt in one shot no need to change cars
i still think the auto cruise car blind driving from the passenger side was one of the best ideas the crew came up with as kitt could come up to michael and he could simply jump into kitt and drive of in one shot great :good:
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm

My fafourite one is in the Episode "Knight by Nose" when KITT saves Michael out of the drunk, almost mistakles
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:23 pm

I still like one of the very first auto-cruises from Knight of the Phoenix: when KITT returns to Michael after taking the would-be car thieves for a joy ride. You can certainly see the hidden seat (especially from the front) but it's a nice long shot of KITT driving down the street and turning into the parking lot. And it's just part of some nice banter: KITT goes off and has an adventure on his own, and then comes back to berate Michael for leaving they keys in the ignition.
phoenix-cruise.jpg
phoenix-cruise.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 11508 times
In terms of technical execution, I really liked the scene where the Knight 3000 rescues Sarah from Stanford in the new 2-hour movie. The remote-controlled Mustang and the "cage car" (driver sat in a cage on the roof) worked very well to create the illusion of a car driving itself. I wish they kept those techniques for the series.
sarah-cruise.jpg
sarah-cruise.jpg (39.61 KiB) Viewed 11508 times
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightmanbas.
Volunteer

Post by knightmanbas. » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:13 am

How about the "HItch Hiker" scene in Brothers Keeper?

andyg
Volunteer

Post by andyg » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:13 am

My favorite Auto Cruise scene is also from "Knight of the Phoenix".

But mine is the one where KITT breaks out of the Comtron building and breaks Michael out of jail.

You hear "KITT to the Rescue" music come on with that very unique synthisized, KR theme while we see the scanner light up. (still gives me a chill :P ) Dash lights up, shifter throws in drive, and then that upward angle shot of the driver side of KITT with a quick burn of the tires...BAM! Right through the glass windows!!! :D

Then the nice leasurly cruise to the jailhouse showing road images on the monitors, KITT's gauges functioning, and BAM! Another smash right through a brick wall and jail house bars bending like rubber! KITT's responce....A simple: "Your Welcome".

Andy

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:I still like one of the very first auto-cruises from Knight of the Phoenix: when KITT returns to Michael after taking the would-be car thieves for a joy ride. You can certainly see the hidden seat (especially from the front) but it's a nice long shot of KITT driving down the street and turning into the parking lot. And it's just part of some nice banter: KITT goes off and has an adventure on his own, and then comes back to berate Michael for leaving they keys in the ignition.
Yeah, this one is awesome! KITT slowly going back to Michael, no rush at all. :D
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 am

Does anybody know why they didn't keep that remote controlled Kitt for the KR08 series?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway