Super Secret KITT Pics

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Super Secret KITT Pics

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Here's just a taste of some of the photos I took from a secret mission fellow friends and members of Knights of the West Coast and I took to check out the long lost original KI3Ts from the backdoor pilot in a secret location. These are the original hero cars sold at the Barrett Jackson auction as a pair some time ago before the series.

Big thanks to Gary Hunter of KOTWC for making the meet possible and to Tom for letting us hang out!

Enjoy!

(It is ok to move this thread if needed as I am sure there will be ample coverage later to move it in)

=VK=
:dash:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Re: Super Secret KITT Pics

Post by Slade » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:09 pm

OMG awesome :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 pm

I don't understand why this topic was moved off the main page considering it's current news but ok. Hopefully people will find it.

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 am

Thank you,thisll help out so much with my KI3T replica :D :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:12 am

It's funny how the main characters of the show such as Justin Bruening himself haven't got anything to do with the cars now that the production is closed. The cars used in the show is nowadays sold off to museums and private collectors. He should have kept one as a memory of his achievements as an actor and never mind how the show actually turned out, because in his eyes I'm pretty sure he thought he did a good job.

Also, judging from the KR festival (pictures & videos) it seems the most dedicated are the ones from the old show, not KR08.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

kitt352
Stranger

Post by kitt352 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Awesome pics. I wondered if we would ever see these cars again after they were sold at Barrett Jackson. I always liked that attack mode kitt better than the one they used in the series. Any other pics of the cars at all? Maybe some interior shots at all or any videos of the cars with the scanners working. Please post up more pics of them if you have them. Thanks again for sharing. Too bad they weren't in the hands of someone who would drive them instead of just letting them sit in a private collectors showroom.

AJ has a couple originals and I have seen him actally drive one of them around so at least he doesn't just let them sit. Again thanks for sharing the pics and would love to see more if you have them.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 pm

kitt352 wrote:Awesome pics. I wondered if we would ever see these cars again after they were sold at Barrett Jackson. I always liked that attack mode kitt better than the one they used in the series. Any other pics of the cars at all? Maybe some interior shots at all or any videos of the cars with the scanners working. Please post up more pics of them if you have them. Thanks again for sharing. Too bad they weren't in the hands of someone who would drive them instead of just letting them sit in a private collectors showroom.

AJ has a couple originals and I have seen him actally drive one of them around so at least he doesn't just let them sit. Again thanks for sharing the pics and would love to see more if you have them.
- Actually they're driven around the town they're located in quite often. They don't just sit, but they also need some restoration work too which is in progress. As for more photos and info, keep your eye on the KRO news - Neil has something special planned for that.

Also a little bird told me that these might be showing up at in all their restored glory at Knight Rider Festival III so if you haven't started saving for the biggest KR event of 2011, might want to start soon!

;)

=VK=

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:18 pm

The photos are very spectacular, Victor! Thank you.

8)
Alex

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:58 pm

The Pictures are COOL!!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Freaking awesome Nick!!
I found it interesting that the Hero car has the incorrect exhaust. I'll have to re-watch the pilot and see if I can spot that gem.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 am

Wow that is awesome Nick! I can't wait to see them! :good:
Especially the pilot Attack KITT. :D
Thanks for the pictures!

Oh and is either Mustang the remote controlled one?
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 am

As I said on FB, great pics, Nick!

This is just me but I hate it when something special is "restored" because new parts are put on it and in my eyes I would rather have the damage sustained to it as that's part of the "magic", so to speak.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Victor,

I like to see more photos, please. Thank you.

You are the best!

Alex

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:59 am

Knight-Armen wrote:It's funny how the main characters of the show such as Justin Bruening himself haven't got anything to do with the cars now that the production is closed. The cars used in the show is nowadays sold off to museums and private collectors. He should have kept one as a memory of his achievements as an actor and never mind how the show actually turned out, because in his eyes I'm pretty sure he thought he did a good job.

Also, judging from the KR festival (pictures & videos) it seems the most dedicated are the ones from the old show, not KR08.
Justin seem to not get any credit for his time on KR or for that matter any of them. I wish we had a 2nd season so Justin and the rest can prove that they are great actors and actresses.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.