Noticed kitt's hatch pullstring

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Noticed kitt's hatch pullstring

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm

I was watching kitt vs karr and noticed that the camera as showing me something i never saw inside of kitt.The pullstring to the rear hatch.I read somewhere online this list of all the tricks of kr revealed.There was a pul line that would open the trunk whenever Michael asked Kitt to pop open the trunk.I never saw it before because I guess David liked his seat a bit further up and the camera view with his height might have obscured the rip cord.

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Re: Noticed kitt's hatch pullstring

Post by sheltonw3 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:27 pm

this would appear to be the same very car that was sent to marks custom kits to be restored!

that car has a pulley for the trunk because in all likely hood the car came with no power release!...I had done this same method myself and found it better to have the power release added ,another factor that plays into this is the kr dash covers all the stock buttons and its very difficult to hit the right button with the lower section covered up!

the only thing I hated about the pulley was at times it would get stuck and other times the trunk would open on its own!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:27 am

Wow thats interesting to know.Just 1 came with a pull cord and that 1 went to marks custom kits.

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:15 am

Universal had many of these cars made up in there own special way!,there was an interview that one of lead stuntmen spoke of the computer cars that fully worked and cars that went from 80mph to 120 mph to 160 mph and most of the motors of cars had the tied old 305's ripped out and replaced with all 350's,this was covered in the DVD's bonus stuff and other interviews that were posted in some of the previous paperbacks!

who knows what the future way hold? ,its too bad that most of those cars are gone except maybe 3 to 5 out there somewhere?...I know that right now Joe Huth is working on a replica of what K.I.T.T. might look like after 28 or so years and those of us who replica owners are makling our cars pristine or near mint with restoration processes and adding 21st century technology to bring some of these cars to life!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"