hello new to site

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

luckies
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

hello new to site

Post by luckies » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 am

Hello to everyone big fan of the show bring back a lot of mem's from the day. I just came across the knight rider clone ffor sale.Nothing can beat the real knight rider but here is second best.It is for sale and the only left from the show.Here is the link iot would be soooooo coooooool to have both kitt and this other car next to each other to go fight crime with.......
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detai ... ntryRow=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Re: hello new to site

Post by Slade » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 am

Whoa its the Defender from Viper...awesome :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

nee716
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by nee716 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:29 am

WOW I wonder if this is a replicar... I dont think the original DEFENDER had door sills that said D E F E N D E R But I dont care. lol

Trans Am Erik
Volunteer

Post by Trans Am Erik » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:57 pm

This is an awesome car, but WHY did they have to replace the V-10 with a 360 V-8? The Viper's V-10 is plenty capable of performing what the producers needed the Defender to do, and without mechanical failure. I saw the Defender in person at the Detroit Auto Show when the show was new.

Alex
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Alex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi,

Awesome! 8)

Alex

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Trans Am Erik wrote:This is an awesome car, but WHY did they have to replace the V-10 with a 360 V-8? The Viper's V-10 is plenty capable of performing what the producers needed the Defender to do, and without mechanical failure. I saw the Defender in person at the Detroit Auto Show when the show was new.
Probably because a 360 would be a lot cheaper to trash than a V-10. It says they originally had 14 of these cars. 14 V-10 engines would have probably been pretty expensive at the time, especially since they were a new concept at the time.

luckies
Stranger

Post by luckies » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 am

From what I found out this is one from the show not a replicar the people who are selling it are the people who built them for the show here is there website.I called the auction house on it.
http://uniquemoviecarslasvegas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:05 pm

luckies wrote:From what I found out this is one from the show not a replicar the people who are selling it are the people who built them for the show here is there website.I called the auction house on it.
http://uniquemoviecarslasvegas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the picture of KARR jumping over KITT coming out of the museum warehouse, they have the car listed as a 1981 Trans-Am. You would think that a company that builds these would know their car generations better.