comedy central to roast david hasselhoff august 15

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

comedy central to roast david hasselhoff august 15

Post by KITT » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Comedy Central announced they would roast David Hasselhoff this summer in Los Angeles, and air on August 15 at 10 p.m. EST.

PR Newswire:
NEW YORK, June 9, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ — International superstar and television icon David Hasselhoff has been announced as COMEDY CENTRAL’s next Roastee. The show is scheduled to tape this summer in Los Angeles. “The COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of David Hasselhoff” will air on Sunday, August 15 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

“I’m honored that COMEDY CENTRAL is going to get ‘Hoff’ on me,” said David Hasselhoff. “I have always been a major fan of Roasts, dating back to the days of the ‘Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts.’ Laughter is the best medicine. Bring it on! I’m ready to take the heat.”

“David Hasselhoff is a worldwide celebrity who has and continues to entertain audiences around the globe,” said Elizabeth Porter, senior vice president, specials and talent for COMEDY CENTRAL. “By the end of this year’s Roast, this pop culture icon will surely see that no slow motion run or life preserver can save him.”

The “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of David Hasselhoff” will be executive produced by Joel Gallen from Tenth Planet Productions, who was also executive producer and director of the “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Joan Rivers,” “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Larry The Cable Guy,” “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Bob Saget,” “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Flavor-Flav,” the Emmy-nominated “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of William Shatner” and the “COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Pamela Anderson.” Larry Thompson will also serve as executive producer and previously held this title on the “COMEDY CENTRAL Roasts” of Joan Rivers and William Shatner. Elizabeth Porter is the executive in charge for the network.
http://www.dhasselhoff.net/blog/?p=1478
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: comedy central to roast david hasselhoff august 15

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Heh, this is going to be ugly but I wonder if they'll get William Daniels to do something for it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Talk about a funny coincidence. I was just saying to a friend last week, "Wonder why they never had a roast for David Hasselhoff. They did one for Bob Saget." :lol:
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm

just as long as KITT is there...sipping a can of motor oil...

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 am

LOL I just saw the commercial on TV,I was goinga post about it too :lol:

Well guess we have to wait till August :)
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:37 pm

This should be great! Can't wait!
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Weebz
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Weebz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Wouldn't it just suck if they didn't even mention Knight Rider or have any of the people from the show like William, Patricia or Glen involved in the roast and instead they just had Pamela Anderson there and spent the majority of the time making Baywatch jokes? Either way, I hope someone from here is going to record this and host it... I don't have cable anymore. Who needs it when ya got Hulu... =P

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm sure Knight Rider will come up, they're using a version of the theme for the commercials.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:32 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I'm sure Knight Rider will come up, they're using a version of the theme for the commercials.
A buddy of mine (and KOTWC member), Nate Truman founder of Star Car Central had his N8Rider KITT (Same one used at Pinks) filmed with David for Comedy Central's upcoming promos. Here's his blurb about it

"The Hoff smears cheeseburgers into my headlights, and dances on the roof, hit KITT with a hose over and over soap scum all over the car.... and I am OK with that! Comedy Central Roast promos shot yesterday, and the Hoff asked for my car specifically! He signed KITT too."

=VK=
:dash: