SOUTHERN KNIGHTS Event Atlanta July 31, 2010

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS Event Atlanta July 31, 2010

Post by kitt1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:28 pm

This should be a great event. You do not have to have a KITT or KARR conversion to attend. EVERYONE is welcome! It has been decided to hold the event at a hotel meeting room. This meeting room will be reserved for the whole day. This will allow for more privacy and the ability to have more displays. Hopefully we can get a couple of vendors to bring sample products to show off to everyone. At some point in the early afternoon we will all leave and go to lunch at a nearby restaurant/bar. Were thinking a place like T.G.I. Fridays, Bennigans, Chilli’s, etc.. A place that has a wide variety at an affordable price. (Everyone is responsible for their own food and drink tab.)

The hotel will be…
Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place, a Duluth Georgia hotel near the Gwinnett Center
3700 Shackleford Rd., Duluth, GA, US, 30096
Phone: (770) 931-9299 Fax: (770) 564-8614

The Comfort Suites® Gwinnett Place is ideally located off Interstate 85, only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta. This Duluth, GA hotel is convenient to popular attractions, including Stone Mountain Park, Lake Lanier, Zoo Atlanta, the Georgia Dome and the Gwinnett Center. The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is 30 miles from the hotel.
Visitors will enjoy outdoor recreational activities like boating, fishing, golfing, hiking, horseback riding, jogging and water skiing. There are a wide variety of restaurants, cocktail lounges and specialty shops within one mile of the hotel. Several local businesses are also nearby.
Full-service features and amenities include:

Free deluxe continental breakfast
Free coffee in the lobby
Free USA Today
Free local calls
Free parking

The normal rate per night for that weekend is $79.00 plus tax. But for this event I was quoted $69.00. plus tax. I’m working it out with the hotel that all you need to do is mention the KNIGHT RIDER event when you call to make reservations. Give me a few days to sort it all out before you make reservations.
Also, I was told we could have a group of rooms on the first floor, in the back near the back parking lot, so that we could have access to come and go as we need to check out our cars.
If you plan to go, please post here. If you need more information, email me at mpuette@hotmail.com. I’ll post more details as they become available.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

ivirscar
Recruit

Re: SOUTHERN KNIGHTS Event Atlanta July 31, 2010

Post by ivirscar » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 pm

What an AWESOME crowd!! Ron was the BEST and had loads of stories to tell. Many interesting stories including
the one's from the miniature shoots of KR - Everyone was very friendly and a huge enjoyment to be in the presence
of.

Mark - You certainly outdone yourself on this one!!!

Here's a few more...

I'll tell ya... If it wasn't for these two guys - the accuracy would NOT be where it is today!!!
(You two know who you are!)

It was GREAT meeting everyone!

Brenon
Lectric Enterprises - Anticipating another great year in 2010! http://www.knight-f2k4.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Looks like a great time! Nice work everyone that put it together! Ron's a great guy, I'm sure he told you some awesome stories.

Beautiful pics too!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 am

Nice pics and replicas. As a modelcar hobbyist & Knight Rider fan I'm absolutely sure the stories about the miniature shots would've been extremely interesting to hear :) Thanks for sharing the pics :good:

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:42 am

Hey guys it looks like you all had a fantastic time and after talking with Ron
it is obvious that he had a great time being in your company.
Thanks for the pics proving that Knight Rider belongs to all fans.

D. Doggett. :kitt2: :dash4: :kittspin: