Knight Rider UK

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

hoffman95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider UK

Post by hoffman95 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:04 pm

I have been a member of Knight Rider UK Forums for years but recently the site is not loading I am just getting this.http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/forum/in ... in&CODE=00 Anyone know if the site is still online. :(The main site was not updated but the forums were updated reguarly but they didnt get a chance to put a decent theme on it.
:kittconv:

Juggernaut30
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider UK

Post by Juggernaut30 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:52 pm

hoffman95 wrote:I have been a member of Knight Rider UK Forums for years but recently the site is not loading I am just getting this.http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/forum/in ... in&CODE=00 Anyone know if the site is still online. :(The main site was not updated but the forums were updated reguarly but they didnt get a chance to put a decent theme on it.
This site is down.
You can find new Knight Rider UK here: http://knightrideruk.forum.st/portal.htm

Markus

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 pm

It should be noted that the new version of Knight Rider UK is not related to the original version that was owned by Nick Pledge, and operated by myself, for the majority of its existence. This version is instead owned and operated by Steve Fawcett, the man behind the KnightCon UK events.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon May 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Matthew wrote:It should be noted that the new version of Knight Rider UK is not related to the original version that was owned by Nick Pledge, and operated by myself, for the majority of its existence. This version is instead owned and operated by Steve Fawcett, the man behind the KnightCon UK events.

Matt
- Actually this is not entirely accurate. It should be noted that the original version of KRUK owned by Nick Pledge was unceremoniously abandoned by his choice and therefore ceases to exist. Steve Fawcett, rather than let KRUK die out - took it upon himself (along with Marina) to relaunch the original (even going as far as to re-invite all the original members) in the guise of his new site which was nicknamed, "KRUK 2.0" or "New KRUK" in response to Nick's actions.

http://knightrideruk.forum.st/off-topic ... ruk-t3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://knightrideruk.forum.st/general-t ... nd-t42.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is in fact related to the original KRUK, it is just not owned by Nick Pledge nor under his control or previous mods. It is no coincidence that the name "Knight Rider UK" was chosen for the "new site", because KRUK has a recognition in the UK fan circles - the members did not choose to abandon the site, the founder(s) did.

Thanks to people like Steve and Marina, the original KRUK continues to live on where others wished for it to perish. It would be a diservice to them to say that their site is unrelated to the original.

I mean no disrespect here Matthew, I just believe what's fair is fair and Steve and Marina worked hard to keep the spirit of KRUK alive.

=VK=
:dash:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 am

I've been wondering too what happened to KRUK, nice to know there's new KRUK website :) Is there still a modeling section?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue May 18, 2010 3:06 am

KITTfan wrote:I've been wondering too what happened to KRUK, nice to know there's new KRUK website :) Is there still a modeling section?
- Yes there is and Markus and Tony have some fantastic stuff in there including a detailed Goliath model (by Tony) and a fully detailed/lit 1:18 KI3T with an impressively accurate scanner in it (by Markus).

=VK=

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Tue May 18, 2010 3:34 am

we now have the domain http://www.knightrideruk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks everyone

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue May 18, 2010 5:25 am

Victor Kros wrote:I mean no disrespect here Matthew, I just believe what's fair is fair and Steve and Marina worked hard to keep the spirit of KRUK alive.

=VK=
Nick,

I think you’ve misunderstood my intentions in noting that the new version of KRUK isn’t related to the original version.

Given that it’s common knowledge that I was forced out of the original version after almost singlehandedly building the community, I consider it a matter of principle to point out that Nick P. isn’t involved anymore.

The simple fact is that I’m not surprised by his actions, as there were many times that he threatened to pull the plug when things weren’t going his way. Usually, it was down to others making “his” site successful when he couldn’t, a “sin” that I will always be proud of.

During the latter part of my tenure, Steve stood beside me fighting to improve the hand we were dealt, and it's because of that that I'll always wish him nothing but success, as his friendship during that time meant much more to me than words can adequately say.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:20 am

Can I still log on with my old acount from the old site.Because I am not sure of my username and password and I deleted all my e-mails by accident so I dont have my password OOOOPS! :( I guess I will have to start again oh joy (sarcastic)

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu May 20, 2010 5:10 pm

hoffman95 wrote:Can I still log on with my old acount from the old site.Because I am not sure of my username and password and I deleted all my e-mails by accident so I dont have my password OOOOPS! :( I guess I will have to start again oh joy (sarcastic)
- No, you need to sign up again to the new forum. It's not the same board program.

=VK=

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am

I had to sign up again my username is still Hoffman95 They are talking about bringing the old site back but it seems unlikely I personally would like to see it back with a different name as I said on the new KRUK forums http://knightrideruk.com/

Miss_Naughty
Recruit

Post by Miss_Naughty » Sun May 23, 2010 5:42 pm

hoffman95 wrote:I had to sign up again my username is still Hoffman95 They are talking about bringing the old site back but it seems unlikely I personally would like to see it back with a different name as I said on the new KRUK forums http://knightrideruk.com/
Yes you had to sign in again because it's totally new forum and we didn't have any of old databases but everyone found their way there and they like it as much I can see. And just one more thing, I would much more prefer if you don't pass what's been said on there to here. If you have something to say, say it there. And if someone is interested to find out what's going on they can always join in.

Matthew you are always welcome to come to new forum with your suggestions how to make it better and to participate in all what's going on there. Since you had loads of experience with old one.

Best wishes to everyone on KRO and KRUK,
Marina

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 am

I just said it here because some people may not have heard of KRUK on here and it was just to show them what the site is like.:D