Blu-ray release - when?!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

guitardave
Volunteer

Blu-ray release - when?!

Post by guitardave » Sat May 01, 2010 5:47 am

Anybody have any news on a blu-ray release for Knight Rider (2008)?

I really enjoyed the show and want to buy it, but having originally watched it on Sci-Fi HD, I'm not going to buy the regular dvd, I need to see it in all it's high definitiony goodness! Getting impatient for a release as the dvd has been out for ages now.

Any news?... Anyone...

Thanks,

Dave

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Blu-ray release - when?!

Post by Skav » Sat May 01, 2010 7:47 am

I think it was confirmed by Shapeshifter or someone else that there was not going to be a BD release.

Probably due to the fact the show wasn't a hit in NBC's eyes so they probably don't want to put more money into a dead show.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon May 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Sorry, but that's correct. No Blu-Ray.

It's really a shame; it was such a visual show, and looked great in Hi-Def.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Sun May 09, 2010 10:44 pm

I was really hoping to see a BD release as well and was honestly really surprised it was only released on DVD. The good news though is that the HD version of the series is available on iTunes and I must say, it truly does look fantastic!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 9&s=143441
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Tommy
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tommy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am

KFCreator wrote:I was really hoping to see a BD release as well and was honestly really surprised it was only released on DVD. The good news though is that the HD version of the series is available on iTunes and I must say, it truly does look fantastic!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 9&s=143441
Does anyone know the difference between this and the version they're selling on Amazon? The Amazon version is $40 for the series, on itunes it's $50. Also I'm curious how they work. Do you download them to your harddrive or are they streaming online? If you download them how big are the files? And last, has anyone watched them on an HD TV of a decent size and how do they look? Do they truly look of the same quality of what was broadcast on NBCHD? How do you actually watch them on a television? Sorry for all the questions, I just really want to own this series in HD. Wish there was a Blu-Ray.