locations for game

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Transparent
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

locations for game

Post by Transparent » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:08 am

I'm currently writing a top down racing game in which you'll be able to race KITT against various other vehicles such as KARR, A-Team Van, Street Hawk etc

I want at least 1 signature map for each of these vehicles.

For KITT I'm thinking of mashing up several locations from the series into one map. These include:

An Airport runway
The desert road from the end of series 1 (i'll include a parked FLAG Lorry)
The race track from the pilot

For KARR:

The beach (from KITT VS KARR)
The bridge scene for the final KITT and KARR show down

Any thoughts?

hoffman95
Operative

Re: locations for game

Post by hoffman95 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:39 am

It would be good if there was unlockables you could go to the semi and get modifications and by modifications I mean being able to turn Kitt into the Kitt from "Custom Kitt" and be able to unlock vehicles like Karr and The Semi. :mrgreen: Ohh and good luck with the game I am looking forward to playing it. :good:
:kittconv:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon May 24, 2010 9:00 pm

The parking lot from the circus knight episode would be great as well as the dirtbike track from the episode where kelly's friend was killed. Also the track with them racing the dune buggies.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:22 am

For the A-Team van the location could be the streets and back streets of Los Angeles because thats where a lot of the episodes were filmed they even say it in the opening titles that the escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. :mrgreen: :D :)

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:26 am

How about San Francisco all those hills :D ????????

Irony
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Irony » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:11 am

Maybe the way Michael drives from the Knight castle to Silicone valley in Knight of the Phoenix? It's in the intro (at least, a part of it is) and you might include the policemen as an in-joke. That "location" is too classic to be left out.

Also, how about the beach where KARR was forced to jump in the sea? Or did you mean that as a KITT vs KARR scene (being found)? I would love to play it both ways (playing KITT or KARR) and you could even give it an alternative ending, if you include Turbo boost as an option. It would look awesome if KARR could jump over KITT and roll away.
(wrote in gray for possible spoilers :) )
Intelligence is the right of all free beings