Original dash buttons from show car for sale on Ebay!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Original dash buttons from show car for sale on Ebay!

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/knight-rider-kitt-o ... 5191e6ae88" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure what kind of proof it comes with but it looks an impressive set!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightfever
Operative

Re: Original dash buttons from show car for sale on Ebay!

Post by knightfever » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:06 pm

It looks great, but I found something questionable. The seller states that this was from one of the stunt cars. If it was a stunt car, why would it have had the buttons, when even the car that Hoff drove didn't have a dash with the buttons, just a mock up with labels?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:12 pm

That auction has been up for ever. (He can never manage to sell it.)
Definitely NOT worth the $2,500.00 he is asking! :lol:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:That auction has been up for ever. (He can never manage to sell it.)
Definitely NOT worth the $2,500.00 he is asking! :lol:
Really, I would have thought it was considering people have the chance to own a sizeable piece of tv history providing the dash really was genuinely used.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Actually, I know where are these from:
http://www.markscustomkits.com/KITT-res ... n-ONE.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw these photos first few months ago and they don't even look like originals :!:
I' sure these parts are replaced parts, not originals :!:
Only the dash was original or molded from an original, but it's easy to see on the photos how fake they are and how different they are in style and design from the dash itself :!:
I'm one of the massivest and sickest KITT dash fans and I can tell immediately if the dash or parts are real or not, screen used or not :good:
:dash4:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 pm

I also can tell you who is the owner of this restored car, cause i saw it on MTV cribs and yes it's Joey Fatone's car from N'SYNC.
If I would be him, I never let my original to restore like this, sorry but that dash was fake and became more fake than it was before. Only the steering wheel was restored correctly.
This kind of treatment of an original prop makes me sad all the time... :(
Knight Rider forever

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:39 am

ThomasKnight wrote:I also can tell you who is the owner of this restored car, cause i saw it on MTV cribs and yes it's Joey Fatone's car from N'SYNC.
If I would be him, I never let my original to restore like this, sorry but that dash was fake and became more fake than it was before. Only the steering wheel was restored correctly.
This kind of treatment of an original prop makes me sad all the time... :(
I just did a bit of research on this. Why would Joey give his car up? I could find no news saying that he sold or gave away the car.

I do believe you, though, because the buttons are remarkably similar to markscustomkits.

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:59 pm

[/quote]

I just did a bit of research on this. Why would Joey give his car up? I could find no news saying that he sold or gave away the car.

I do believe you, though, because the buttons are remarkably similar to markscustomkits.[/quote]

Hey, Skav, I didn't say anything about Joey sold his car man, hell no :roll:
The marcscustomkits photos are showing the same elektronics on that dash like they are on e-bay :!:
That car on the photos is JOEY FATONE'S car.
He was taking his car to markscustomkits, they restored for him and he show the restored car in MTV CRIBS.
That's the story nothing else. :good:
The photos are telling everything :wink:
Knight Rider forever

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:01 pm

ThomasKnight wrote:Hey, Skav, I didn't say anything about Joey sold his car man, hell no :roll:
The marcscustomkits photos are showing the same elektronics on that dash like they are on e-bay :!:
That car on the photos is JOEY FATONE'S car.
He was taking his car to markscustomkits, they restored for him and he show the restored car in MTV CRIBS.
That's the story nothing else. :good:
The photos are telling everything :wink:
Your previous post was a little hard to follow so thanks for the clarification, Thomas!

And yes, I agree they are showing the same electronics.

I never knew an NSYNC singer owned a KITT car. That's odd to think about, lol.

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:36 am

That is one of the reasons I like knight rider: there is always someting interesting to think about :good:
:kitt:
Knight Rider forever

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by simon_a6 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

ThomasKnight wrote:Actually, I know where are these from:
http://www.markscustomkits.com/KITT-res ... n-ONE.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw these photos first few months ago and they don't even look like originals :!:
I' sure these parts are replaced parts, not originals :!:
Only the dash was original or molded from an original, but it's easy to see on the photos how fake they are and how different they are in style and design from the dash itself :!:
I'm one of the massivest and sickest KITT dash fans and I can tell immediately if the dash or parts are real or not, screen used or not :good:
:dash4:
I have to agree with you.
The "original" dash in those photos had a single monitor. That doesn't make sense. Plus the voice mod looks nothing at all like any of the mods you see in the pilot. And the switch pods don't look right either.
My guess is that it is a rubbish version someone made. And anyone could make that sort of keyring to make it LOOK real. Plus, tell me if I am wrong, but I don't think KITTs tyres EVER had white writing on them.

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Yepo! :D
I don't remember for the white letters either, but these days the original props suffering a lot of fake modifications.
Sad, but true. :|
:kitt:
Knight Rider forever