Important information regarding our coverage of the KRF II

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Important information regarding our coverage of the KRF II

Post by Matthew » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi guys,

With the festival fast approaching, I just wanted to let you all know that we’ll once again be providing an interactive form of coverage for everyone that can’t attend.

Whilst we won’t be divulging our plans just yet, the nature of this coverage means that the chat room’s normal activities will be suspended for the duration of the weekend. For our regular users, this means that the personalised conversations that typically exclude new users will be actively discouraged, so as to ensure that everyone that wishes to join us will be included in the festivities.

Just like last year, I’ll be acting as the link to the ground where possible, so let’s get ready to rock this fandom like never before. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Important information regarding our coverage of the KRF II

Post by neps » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:40 am

Thanks for posting this Matthew! Should be alot of fun once again!

For those of you that followed along last year, if you have any comments on how we can improve our coverage this time around, please let us know!

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm

this sounds great! I won't be able to attend as I live far away from the event but I will be watching the coverage.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Matthew, this is very good.

I will not be there to present the KR Festival 2010 and will be here in the Forum to see the big show Knight Rider.

:good:
Alex.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:12 pm

I will do what I can to get some of my photos uploaded online from my hotel room for fans to enjoy. I will be taking my laptop with me but due to my busy commitments with festival responsibilities, I will do what I can.

:good:

=VK=
:dash:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:10 am

And, I'll be around, attempting to the best of my ability to record and give a delayed feed of footage to the web. It may have to be YouTube. And, I am not expecting my hotel room to come with free internet. Which may mean the ice cream shop, once again. (And, their feed is rather slow.)

Now, I'm bringing the netbook, this time. I just got a codec to work with the camera and I'll be relying on that to juncture the feed to Movie Maker. If that should fail, then the "delayed feed" will truly be delayed until after the event.

As of this typing, I have the camera downloading it's former files into an external HDD. It says the task will take another 45 minutes. But, that figure's been jumping all over the place. Then, I want to clean up this netbook's HDD of a few files to make way for editing. The sun will probably come up before I can pack up this stuff.

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Sadly I can't attend either. I'm in middle TN. But I look forward to any and all KR related info posted here. Thanks guys!!
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that if everything goes according to plan, we'll be announcing the links for this years coverage later on tonight. :good:

Matt

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Well guys,

Here it is, the KRF II live page, where we’ll be bringing you the very best in up-to-the-minute coverage from 1pm PDT tomorrow, until the festival closes at 11pm PDT on Saturday.

Here's to a great weekend everyone. :good:

Matt

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Bugger.

I brought the Netbook for both lighter carrying, longer battery life and quicker response. Alas, getting the correct Codec to work with my camera's M-PEG 2 recording format is proving to be a challenge. At the last moment, I acquired a program that can VIEW the file. But, converting it to something I can edit with...it's failing at. What comes through the other end looks like HDTV when the signal is barely above failure. I don't know why.

SO...no delayed 'live' footage from Fremont, as I had hoped to do. It's going to have to wait until I can edit it all on the older laptop. :(

But, I've got some sweet footage. And, I offered Neil first dibs on the raw footage. Not fully sure how I can get him the files, though. Memory card, maybe.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:59 am

6:55 am. Sunday. -1 day after KRF II.

Still in Vegas and will be departing as of Monday.

Currently at Krispy Kreme, acquiring an editor that won't refuse all attempts to import this camera's files. I do believe that I have a patched together system, now. Will return to the hotel room to do some editing. Then, I'll either head back out on the town, go further out, (Say, the Grand Canyon...or something) or come back to KK to upload footage.

And, I really do think it would make the best video for the site if we could compile as much footage from everyone. There's just so much happening that it takes a team to do it with.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:58 pm

10:00 am.

Uploading the first part of the opening ceremonies. Sure feels like it's been a long fight to get this through.

Now...24 minutes left to upload. Then, I can go back to the room and work on parts 2 through ???

In fact, I only came down, as the editing software needed an extra file. But, we're on the right road, now. This time, it has audio AND video. Plus, the video isn't trashed or has a weird, yellow bar down the middle. O_o

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:53 pm

The editing process took quite literally all day and night. And, I've still got more to do. Today's going to be last chance at attractions and the drive home. So, I won't be uploading anything more then the 1'st of 7 parts of the opening ceremonies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO9TWM3CndY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; IF you wish to see The Lone Ranger and hear The Vegas Song. That's all that fit into the first ten minutes worth. The second part is just the stars arriving in all the KITT's. Ten minutes for that. The third has David's arrival and more!!!