" WHAT IF...." (KR 08)

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

" WHAT IF...." (KR 08)

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:42 am

What if the Knight 3000 was a Mitsubishi 3000 GT? I personally would've loved it!

What if there was a area in the Graiman Home that had different Knight Prototypes, kinda like Iron Man suits? From the Knight 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, and so on?

What if Mike Knight JR'S mom was really Bonnie with a new name under the government relocation program?
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: " WHAT IF...." (KR 08)

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:10 pm

it still would have sucked and been cancelled.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:30 pm

That's a kinda harsh thing to say.........but if it was under control same folks by the NBC, It would've had 18 episodes instead of 17, ha, ha! If "Hammer and Coop" could get the KR Feel in 6 five minute mini episodes, why did it take so long to get the feel in New Series?

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:59 pm

uh nicolas, including the pilot, there were 18 episodes

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 pm

There are so many contradictions between the Pilot and the series, its kinda considered EPISODE 0. But I kinda see your point. I wish they said what happened to Mike's friend from the pilot. They should've linked the series and the movie better anyways. Personally I wished they wouldve made a series to Knight Rider Movie 2000. But that pilot was a drama movie rather than an action movie like it should've been in the first place. And KIFT should've been black (Even though the car blueprints in the semi on the original series was red in SEASON ONE).

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:49 pm

That car in the picture is red, but KITT is black, let's not forget that. He's not a tomato on wheels.
Intelligence is the right of all free beings

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Kal-el4 wrote:uh nicolas, including the pilot, there were 18 episodes
- If you include the backdoor pilot "Prometheus", then there were actually 19 episodes as Prometheus was a two hour pilot and would have logically been split into two different episodes (like Knight of the Phoenix) if Andron's vision was taken to series. I think it's confusing to count the two hour backdoor pilot as part of the tv series considering how many drastic changes were taken with it when the actual "series pilot" aired. I would agree with Nicholas and consider "Prometheus ", EPISODE 0 and not count it was part of the rest of the series in the KR08 Season One box set - it is not even referred to as "Prometheus" in the box art. It is a stand alone "bonus movie" like Knight Rider 2000 in the original Knight Rider series Season One box set.

Technically speaking, the two hour backdoor pilot was more of an alternate vision of how Knight Rider would have continued on from the original series and then the "tv series" by GST was in itself another alternative take on how to continue the series. I would justify this belief based on the fact nothing is really referenced from the two hour pilot in the series pilot and we're reintroduced to characters we know that have been altered from how they were originally introduced to fit GST's vision of Knight Rider and not David Andron's original direction.

:good:

=VK=
:dash:

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
Kal-el4 wrote:uh nicolas, including the pilot, there were 18 episodes
- If you include the backdoor pilot "Prometheus", then there were actually 19 episodes as Prometheus was a two hour pilot and would have logically been split into two different episodes (like Knight of the Phoenix) if Andron's vision was taken to series. I think it's confusing to count the two hour backdoor pilot as part of the tv series considering how many drastic changes were taken with it when the actual "series pilot" aired. I would agree with Nicholas and consider "Prometheus ", EPISODE 0 and not count it was part of the rest of the series in the KR08 Season One box set - it is not even referred to as "Prometheus" in the box art. It is a stand alone "bonus movie" like Knight Rider 2000 in the original Knight Rider series Season One box set.

Technically speaking, the two hour backdoor pilot was more of an alternate vision of how Knight Rider would have continued on from the original series and then the "tv series" by GST was in itself another alternative take on how to continue the series. I would justify this belief based on the fact nothing is really referenced from the two hour pilot in the series pilot and we're reintroduced to characters we know that have been altered from how they were originally introduced to fit GST's vision of Knight Rider and not David Andron's original direction.

:good:

=VK=
:dash:

I agree Victor. I think David Andron had a great vision. The only disagreement I had with the BDP was the lack any stunts from KI3T, which, from what I understand, had more to do with the rushed production than Andron's not wanting to include stunts. His "Attack Mode" looked more along the lines of what would have been done in the first series. He also made an effort to connect his movie to the original. In GST's version, we had one mention of Devon and Bonnie as undercover names. When he brought KARR into it, we didn't know if he was somehow tied to the original series or not. The indication is that he wasn't. I think NBC should have given it to Andron and let him run with it.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:23 pm

I remember seeing on a site that the Hoff's idea for the pilot would've been better.....They must've made the HOFF pissed when he learned he wasn't to be included in the TV Series.... I would've liked to known what happened to KI2T.....hopefully he would not doin any freakin Holograms.......

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:43 am

How about if they'd had the different prototypes, including KARR, which was stolen and used in a plot to
kill a number of elected officials, to overthrow the government. Then KITT is activated to find Mike Traceur,
to help find and stop KARR. Dr. Graiman contacts Mike, recruiting him to a resurrected FLAG, to stop Blackriver
pmc, who are working for Garthe Knight's son.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 pm

My idea of a proper pilot would've been this-- Micheal Knight is head of FLAG, with KI2T's processor as his supercomputer at FLAG HQ. His son, Mike Traceur wants to follow in his father's footsteps, but his father wont allow it. Charles Graimen, brother and an associate of the deceased Devon Miles, is working on the KI3T (08 Mustang KR) at his home, where there are several other KI3T prototypes,( an 82 TA, a 92 TA, and a 02 TA) The BlackRiver organization, a group of terrorists, breaks into his home looking to access Prometheus, the government access codes, to cause chaos and widespread destruction. Charles escapes through the backdoor, and the KI3T distracts them. Charles programs the car to locate two people, Sarah, his daughter and Mike Traceur, who Charles (Unknowing to Micheal Knight) wants to TEST OUT the vehicle before choosing another FLAG Driver............ Whatcha think.......

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:21 pm

except for the first two parts about Michael and KI2T, and Charles being Devon's brother, the rest is basically the BackDoorPilot.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:55 am

I'm not a "car guy", but a quick internet search tells me the 3000 was discontinued in 2001? That's the problem I have with the car.

In the 80s, it was fun seeing all of those real Trans Ams on the street and half-thinking "hey, that's KITT!" Today, I see a lot of black Mustangs out there and so I'm still reminded of KITT. That was part of the charm of both series: KITT was a very "real" car that you could connect with. I don't see that happening with a discontinued car. (Or with a mega-expensive car like a Ferrari which you hardly ever see in public.)

Oh and p.s... Gary Scott Thompson does not consider the 2-hour movie to be canon for his series. But it's kind of like Star Trek: no Trek collection is truly complete unless you have "The Cage", the original pilot for the series.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:21 am

The Trans Am was discontinued in 2002 and won't be coming back.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;