Page 1 of 1

More bad press for NBC

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:42 pm
by 2knight
Apparently they bailed on part of the closing ceremonies of the Olympics to broadcast their newest show, "The Marriage Ref" with Jerry Seinfeld.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancou ... oly,224859

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 am
by tamatt27
Jerry Seinfeld will most likely pull in more viewers than the Olympics anyway. NBC would do, pretty much, anything he asked to get him back.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:25 am
by Sky_Blue_Civic
I'm not that surprised, since they cut back 5 hours of programming to put Jay Leno at a 10 PM time slot, plus they even canned Knight Rider.

Give the fans what they DESERVE, NBC!

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:23 pm
by Nicholas Knight
NBC constant screwups goin to make me stick to watching FOX. Cancelling GREAT SHOWS...(KR and Bionic Woman) before they could get the "feel" right. I just hope they can do the right thing and create a decent season of KR. Team Knight Rider even Viper lasted longer than the new KR. Im so dissapointed about NBC's treatment of KR. The storylines were so weak and didn't make sense (Mike declared dead, then helping an old army buddy?) Mike's past.........Senseless. He test drove KARR.....but no details on why he was chosen to drive it and if this is the rebuilt KARR from the desert scrap. It was like they treated the series like it was second string or something, you know? They could've done a WAY better job if they just stayed parallel to the series without all the T&A and all the flashiness without substance. In my personal opinion, these are some things that could('ve) saved the series.

1. Bridging the gap between the series. Wouldn't it have been interesting if Mike Traceur's mom was actually Bonnie Barstow? She could've gotten pregnant by Micheal, and left the Foundation for a while. That would've been a logical reason she wasn't in Season 2 of the Original. Even better if Micheal knew nothing about it until his last mission. He would have extreme resentment toward FLAG, and even more betrayed by Devon. Maybe someone found out about Micheal's child and Bonnie had to change her identity and the child's? Then Devon had to explain to Micheal about the situation? If Micheal had no access to Bonnie and the child, He could'nt be considered as a bad father, just in a bad situation. And that sounds like a "mysterious past", huh? And The Original MK and KITT should be involved in the series. And if Ford could'nt show a GM, it could've made Kitt a HEAVILY modified Probe.

2. Define the mysterious characters. Torres talked his "Superior" about reactivating KARR. But even though the guy seemed Bad, his storyline isn't explained. Maybe after the Original KARR's explosion, this guy was involved with the government cleanup, and wanted to use KARR's AI for the government's purposes?I can imagine KARR's rebuilt drive loaded up on a micro TV like KITT. Why KARR had no repair nanos? OR was they cut off on purpose? Somethings just dont add up. But BAD PREPARATION = BAD EXECUTION. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm
by FASTKNIGHT
smurf..... NBC, they have done enough.. someone needs to shut them down, just my $ .02 cents. :?

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 am
by Sky_Blue_Civic
Nicholas Knight wrote:NBC constant screwups goin to make me stick to watching FOX. Cancelling GREAT SHOWS...(KR and Bionic Woman) before they could get the "feel" right. I just hope they can do the right thing and create a decent season of KR. Team Knight Rider even Viper lasted longer than the new KR. Im so dissapointed about NBC's treatment of KR. The storylines were so weak and didn't make sense (Mike declared dead, then helping an old army buddy?) Mike's past.........Senseless. He test drove KARR.....but no details on why he was chosen to drive it and if this is the rebuilt KARR from the desert scrap. It was like they treated the series like it was second string or something, you know? They could've done a WAY better job if they just stayed parallel to the series without all the T&A and all the flashiness without substance. In my personal opinion, these are some things that could('ve) saved the series.

1. Bridging the gap between the series. Wouldn't it have been interesting if Mike Traceur's mom was actually Bonnie Barstow? She could've gotten pregnant by Micheal, and left the Foundation for a while. That would've been a logical reason she wasn't in Season 2 of the Original. Even better if Micheal knew nothing about it until his last mission. He would have extreme resentment toward FLAG, and even more betrayed by Devon. Maybe someone found out about Micheal's child and Bonnie had to change her identity and the child's? Then Devon had to explain to Micheal about the situation? If Micheal had no access to Bonnie and the child, He could'nt be considered as a bad father, just in a bad situation. And that sounds like a "mysterious past", huh? And The Original MK and KITT should be involved in the series. And if Ford could'nt show a GM, it could've made Kitt a HEAVILY modified Probe.

2. Define the mysterious characters. Torres talked his "Superior" about reactivating KARR. But even though the guy seemed Bad, his storyline isn't explained. Maybe after the Original KARR's explosion, this guy was involved with the government cleanup, and wanted to use KARR's AI for the government's purposes?I can imagine KARR's rebuilt drive loaded up on a micro TV like KITT. Why KARR had no repair nanos? OR was they cut off on purpose? Somethings just dont add up. But BAD PREPARATION = BAD EXECUTION. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?

I couldn't agree with you more. It was like the people running the show had no idea what to do.

It is so darn obvious.......

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 pm
by Nicholas Knight
I took time and watched the 2008-2009 series again. It started to get better at the end, but I guess NBC couldn't handle it, I guess. I wish some other company would take over the series. I remember they did something like that in the Viper TV series. But they had to replace most of the cast. But they DID last FOUR SEASONS. Ironically, the main baddie in Viper's Season One was the guy who was portrayed as Torres's superior in the KARR Ep.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:24 pm
by Knight Racer
When I saw the bad guy from viper who also starred in the tv show the sentinel,I was cracking up when I thought of this question.So did he get a demotion or promotion?

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:16 pm
by Nicholas Knight
I forgot about that TV show! Ha Ha If he over KARR Rev 2, I'd say he was Demoted to One episode per series!!!!! But It would have been interesting to have him as a major baddie, the Anti-Graiman.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm
by F.L.A.G
Nowadays, most TV shows and quite a few movies are now all about product placement. And I think this is what mostly ruined the show. KR '08 was a Ford Infomercial with some story and a few stunts tossed in here and there to appease the 18-34 male demographic.

NBC's coverage of the Olympics was sadly lacking in quality and quantity.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:43 pm
by tamatt27
F.L.A.G wrote:Nowadays, most TV shows and quite a few movies are now all about product placement. And I think this is what mostly ruined the show. KR '08 was a Ford Infomercial with some story and a few stunts tossed in here and there to appease the 18-34 male demographic.

NBC's coverage of the Olympics was sadly lacking in quality and quantity.

Without Ford's backing, the show wouldn't have been made.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 am
by F.L.A.G
tamatt27 wrote:Without Ford's backing, the show wouldn't have been made.


Thanks for making my point. Ford should stick to making cars, not TV shows. Besides, what we got, was crap. Until the last few episodes but it was too late by then.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 am
by tamatt27
F.L.A.G wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:Without Ford's backing, the show wouldn't have been made.


Thanks for making my point. Ford should stick to making cars, not TV shows. Besides, what we got, was crap. Until the last few episodes but it was too late by then.

No problem. NBC was in charge of producing the show. Ford provided financial support and the cars. They weren't charged with the creative direction of the show. That was Gary Scott Thompson's blunder.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:20 pm
by F.L.A.G
They may not have had any creative input for the story, but I'm sure concessions had to be made, thus indirectly having creative input.

You want Ford's money, here's what you are going to do.

Let's see how many times we can work the words Ford and Mustang into the story.
Let's try and get the Ford Mustang or the Ford Edge or any other Ford vehicle, into as many scenes as possible.
Let's try to show how good the performance is of a Ford Edge vs. a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR.
Let's show how good the brakes are on the Ford Edge doing 45MPH with 50feet to stop before plowing into the front end of a Ford F800 truck.

Yeah, no influnece there.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:00 pm
by Nicholas Knight
I wonder if Ford had a contract for a certain amount of years with the Televised Knight Rider Franchise. First was the "Mustang" in KR 2010, then the Ford vehicles in the TKR series(Is KRO's Ferrari a Ford?), Then now the Shelby KR Mustang that transforms into Ford vehicles. Other cars in the new series (The Eclipse, the Red Lamborguini) had their labels covered.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:35 pm
by Knight94
If the automakers shouldn't do product placement, why are they in NASCAR? There's
major product placement in NASCAR, so why not on scripted shows? It's part of capitalism,
& it works, so don't mess that up.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:00 pm
by Nicholas Knight
There is a difference between product placement and Overdoing it. The new KR 08 movie overdid it. Ford wanted Graiman's Garage too dark to see the Original Kitt because he was a Pontiac. But why take time to set up a scene just to block it on purpose? They showed a Eclipse (labels blocked) in the TV Series. But not a Pontiac in the TV Movie. It's crazy.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:38 am
by Sky_Blue_Civic
I don't have a problem with product placement, but when it starts to be abused like the way Ford did, it became too much. It was to the point where it practically got in the way of production.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:56 am
by KITT 3000
There was too many Ford product placement in the movie and series. But, as mentioned, Ford provided the financial backing for the show by providing with all the different cars, Shelby GT500KR, Ford Mustang GT (in the movie), the Edge, re-designed F-150 and a classic Mustang. In exchange for it they had a full night of advertising in the movie. Unfortunately, GM could not provide a Pontiac unless NBC purchased some old Firebirds and insisted with Ford that they be used in the movie for a little bit. They did mention in the Trans Am in the movie when Charles and Jennifer showed up at the Motel when she said, "KITT's not another Trans Am?" Plus, car people, even if they didn't know the original KITT was a Trans Am, you could tell it was a GM car when they showed the TPI engine in the garage, which was made for the Trans Am and the Camaro.

Besides that, a production company would have to buy the rights for the Knight Rider franchise and obtain the cars themselves, if the different versions of KITT are still available. I know that at least one of the KITT's from the movie was sold at the Barrett Jackson auction in 2008, with Justin Breuning on the podium. I wouldn't be surprised if the KITT's from the series was sold at auction or returned to Ford which would take out the modifications made and sell it as a used car. Plus, the government probably wouldn't let Ford or GM to provide vehicles for the show after taking over control of them in 2009.

If Bonnie was the mother of Mike Traceur, how do you explain who raised him? Charles Graiman? On top of that, if he was born during the time frame Michael Long became Michael Knight, that would have made Mike Traceur approximately 24 years old and Sarah around the same age and she already had her PHD and was a professor in UCLA? That would mean she finished 7-8 yrs of College in about 5 yrs. That would be pretty amazing. Maybe another possible answer to Mike's mom would be Stevie, but, even that would be tough to explain how she travelled with a band and not showing she had a child.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:39 pm
by krrdr2010
NBC Is Getting EXACTLY What it Deserves!!!

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:23 pm
by Nicholas Knight
As for Bonnie being Mike's MOM, there was never a STORYLINE answer to why Bonnie left in Season One. It just made more sense to me than just Some Mystery Lady with connections to the Foundation's Creator of Kitt that just happens to be Pregnant by Micheal Knight out of the blue. The time frame between Bonnie's departure and return was NEVER officially timed. And there is nothing known about Micheal Knight's last mission and why he decided to leave the foundation he adored so much since Micheal Long's official life was over. It would interesting if Bonnie left due to a pregnancy without Micheal knowing anything about it. Maybe FLAG considered it a distraction to its main operative and instructed Devon not to say anything. I could see MK's last mission having to do with a hacker that somehow finds FLAG's files on A child belonging to him. FLAG insists on using a government relocation program for Bonnie and the child. Meahwhile MK, furious at finding out he has a child, confronts Devon. Devon insists it wasn't his decision for Mike to know, but knows MK feels betrayed. Micheal decides after this mission to find the Hacker, that this would be his last mission. MK would ask KITT about the location of Bonnie, but KITT is unable to get any info because it has been security blocked by the Government. Meanwhile Bonnie, Now renamed Jennifer Traceur is relocated close to Charles Graiman, who has a daughter around the same age. Micheal is given contact to Jennifer eventually, but by then She insists MK stay away from the child. That sounds more logical to me than just saying MK abandoned his child.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 pm
by PunkMaister
FASTKNIGHT wrote:smurf..... NBC, they have done enough.. someone needs to shut them down, just my $ .02 cents. :?


Amen but that will never happen because they will rely on the other channels they own including USA Network and Syfy to remain afloat. It won't be until they completely destroy all their outlets as well that then they will be gone for good. They are well on their way but for now Syfy still has some little life left as well as USA network.

Re: More bad press for NBC

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:05 am
by CJaguar442
PunkMaister wrote:
FASTKNIGHT wrote:smurf..... NBC, they have done enough.. someone needs to shut them down, just my $ .02 cents. :?


Amen but that will never happen because they will rely on the other channels they own including USA Network and Syfy to remain afloat. It won't be until they completely destroy all their outlets as well that then they will be gone for good. They are well on their way but for now Syfy still has some little life left as well as USA network.


amen but what is up with the changing name of sci fi to syfy ? i guess it was not pollitacall y correct enough and the pink kitt omg what were they thinking?! KITT was a guy NBC deal with it!! :kitt:


may nbc burn in hell

NBC Is Getting EXACTLY What it Deserves!!!