Fall Guy Truck Spotted in KR

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fall Guy Truck Spotted in KR

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Check it out...not crystal clear, but I'm certain it's the Fall Guy's truck in the background:

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Bandit1
Operative

Re: Fall Guy Truck Spotted in KR

Post by Bandit1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:17 pm

maybe.

but i miss the "rambar" at the frontend
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:24 pm

looks like the decal on the hood. Could be it. What episode was this?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Voo doo knight
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:24 am

Its the Fallguy Truck, mayby it was in the making and they filmed this in front of a Universal Studio Garage :mrgreen:

Josch
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:54 am

What's Fall Guy? I don't know it..?
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

MURDOCK
Rookie

Post by MURDOCK » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:39 am

Very cool. :good:

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:54 am

Code: Select all

What's Fall Guy? I don't know it..?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_Guy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen: :good:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 am

you must be really young. lol

here is a video of a lot of the jumps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAIDqyi2XsM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was an 80's tv show right along side the Dukes of Hazzard, the A-Team, Knight Rider

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:33 pm

I just miss Lee Majors singing ability, that's all...

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 pm

Josch Schulz wrote:Its the Fallguy Truck, mayby it was in the making and they filmed this in front of a Universal Studio Garage :mrgreen:

Josch
was this in knight rider?where?
but this is the wrong truck :roll:

its to low and the whole front is difrent.

i thing that is not the gmc sierra from colt.

only a lookalike :wink:

i think glen loves flying cars :D
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:02 am

The truck in the above Knight Rider scene has vertical square headlights and a three-tiered grille.

Though the photos of the Fall Guy truck show a similar rounded hood decal, the truck has circular headlights and a different grille without the tiers. Like Bandit stated, it's not the same truck.

Just pointing out the apparent differences. :good:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:52 pm

KITTvsKARR1995 wrote:What's Fall Guy? I don't know it..?
The Fall Guy is another one of Glen's great television series. It's about a Hollywood stunt man that makes most of his money as a bails bond bounty hunter.

Truly, a unique idea for an exciting action/adventure series that has never been duplicated in all these years.

Should catch some episodes, now that Hulu is graciously supplying them...right along with our Knight Rider...and about a thousand-plus other hours of television shows.

JesseHawks
Volunteer

Post by JesseHawks » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 am

Wow Joe! Even if it's not, that's a pretty good spot! I don't have nearly as many hours logged watching Fall Guy as I do with Knight Rider, but considering the same production company was behind both shows, it could very well be a stunt truck or something of that nature. If I am remembering correctly, both FG and KR ended their runs the same season, and some location crossover on the lot may have been possible. (no evidence or knowledge here folks, just opining and theorizing) Plus, we all know that slightly different versions of the Trans-Am were used over the years in KR.

While we're on the subject, I think it would have been fun to see some of Glen's shows cross over with each other. I think a Fall Guy/Knight Rider crossover would have been fun to watch, though I suppose FG was less fantasy and science fiction-rooted. (that truck sure jumped just as much as KITT though!) Oh, and the shows were airing on different networks.

Ok, then, how about Knight Rider/Automan? No ...? Fall Guy/Manimal? Ahhhhh, never mind. I kid, I kid. :)

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:03 am

JesseHawks wrote:Ok, then, how about Knight Rider/Automan? No ...? Fall Guy/Manimal? Ahhhhh, never mind. I kid, I kid. :)
Manimal crossed over into another production of Glen's called Nightman.

The "Manimal" episode of Nightman had Professor Jonathan Chase, the Manimal, trying to catch the infamous Jack The Ripper. The episode was called what? That's right "Manimal" in Season 2, Episode 6.

On another note, I believe Joe Huth is correct and that is a stripped down version of The Fall Guy truck, possibly one of the second unit background trucks that would have been used for distanced background shots or quick pans and not so much as accurate as the hero trucks needed to be up close. Remember television magic was very forgiving when we were not in the days of dvds and HD. You could really get away with a lot relying on the fuzzy nature of broadcast television. (Look at Season Four's Knight of the Juggernaut and KITTnap for instance, the convertable dash was horrible up close, just slapped on stickers)

There would be no incentive for the studio to create a "look alike" truck just to put it in Knight Rider and was likely just put in to fill up space. The decal on the hood is a solid indication of this theory. Lastly it is not unheard of for studios to share use of their lots for filming television shows - especially at night. It's possible Universal and 20th Century Fox studios swapped picture cars and locations.

Lastly from imdb's trivia page for The Fall Guy http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081859/trivia

"During the show's run, the stunts took their toll on the GMC trucks, so several different year model trucks are used during the show's initial run. As a result, there are some inconsistencies in the episodes. For instance, in the pilot episode the truck (a 1980 model) has two square headlights and a light tan interior. For the remainder of the series, it almost always had the quad headlight configuration of the 1981 and newer models, with a dark brown interior. The truck always appeared to be a long bed model, but in a couple of episodes a short bed model was used. After destroying several trucks due to the huge jumps, a custom built jump truck was built as a solution. It had a reinforced frame and axles, and a mid-mounted engine. This greatly reduced the number of trucks scrapped during the show's production."

=VK=
:dash:

noikz
Volunteer

Post by noikz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:33 pm

I wish it were the Fall Guy's truck but it appears to be just the logo of the auction house from the story (where the truck is parked). :(

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:01 am

noikz wrote:I wish it were the Fall Guy's truck but it appears to be just the logo of the auction house from the story (where the truck is parked). :(

- Interesting find there noikz. I guess that solves the mystery then? Good job.

=VK=
:dash:

JesseHawks
Volunteer

Post by JesseHawks » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:44 am

Wow, great spot!! I guess that does solve it.