Random Season 2 thoughts (should it ever happen)

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KamenRider
Recruit

Random Season 2 thoughts (should it ever happen)

Post by KamenRider » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:26 pm

The main thing I would want to emphasize is the idea from the intro the original series. "A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist" and "..a world of criminals who operate above the law. "

While there should always be that modern Lone Ranger aspect to Knight Rider, Mike and KI3T together are like a James Bond on our own soil and looking out for the little guy. These individual mission go on to have a huge impact overall. They co-ordinate with Sarah and Billy but really this is a buddy cop thing where one of them is ...a friggin awesome talking car.

In keeping with that, I see Sarah fully in the Devon type role and because of this her relationship with Mike is more strained than we have ever seen it. Consider it like the female M from modern Bond movies only this Bond can have actual sexual and romantic tension but at the same time is respectful (if occasionally annoyed) of the fact that she is his boss. However the more he is the field agent and the more Sarah is running FLAG the more remote the possibility of there ever getting together becomes.

I'd keep Billy as the main tech who confers a lot with Sarah since she knows KI3T inside and out. I guess this makes Billy Q in a way only the poor guy doesn't quite have the snappy comebacks down. Because hey, it's Billy. :lol:

Since some of the questions about Mikes past were basically answered at the end of the first season I think it's time to get into KI3T's past and for Mike to learn more about the legacy he's taken on. One question I think should be is KI3T something completely different from the original AI Wilton Knight and Graiman designed in the 80's or could this be the same AI only with no access to files and memories from his days with the original Michael Knight. Also exactly what has the original been doing since the 80's and how did FLAG get shut down to begin with? What ties might those events have on things happening now like the creation of a new KARR that is tied into Mikes past.

I would have season 2 be the time when the original series and the new one really begin to connect and the whole thing starts feeling still like something that stands on its own but is also a continuation of that story. Kind of like how the new series Doctor Who readily embraces its legacy and past while still blazing its own trail.

adrianna
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Random Season 2 thoughts (should it ever happen)

Post by adrianna » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:43 pm

It would also be nice if they'd put David Husselhoff in it. You know the relationship between son and father could be brought up there too ... ;)
---------------------
SEAN: Who's driving?!
KI3T: I am.
SEAN: Forget the driving, who's talking?!!!!
KI3T: I am, you may call me KITT...
----------------------

HILARIOUS! :kittconv:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 pm

its funny. several of the ideas you expressed are similar to the storyline i am putting together for my Knight Rider Reloaded project. seems great minds think alike!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 am

^Hey glad I'm not the only KR fan thinking along those lines.

adrianna wrote:It would also be nice if they'd put David Husselhoff in it. You know the relationship between son and father could be brought up there too ... ;)
Hoff I think should be part of it even if he's not in every single episode. I think the father/son thing is worth exploring since Mike has inherited this role and there's the fact that they didn't even know each other until that came about. There's the bond that both were called upon to be the one man who could make a difference. ..with a talking car that's got his back.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:25 am

I think they should of made Michael Knight a bit better and bring the original in a bit more. I personally think that what they should of done.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I would like to see David Hasselhoff be involved, teaming up with his son. In fact, My Idea is that Michael Knight I and II would go after the enemy that caused Michael to hide his son and make him use the last name Traceur. Have both the Human and Vehicular Father and Son(Michael Knight I and II, and the Knight 2000 and the Knight 3000) become a team, have Sarah take the reigns at FLAG, and maybe bring back KARR v.II. :good: :kitt: :karr: