There may be a lil bit of hope for knight rider read inside

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ianruk
Rookie

There may be a lil bit of hope for knight rider read inside

Post by ianruk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Ok i went to the nbc website the otherday and clicked on the contact page at the bottom then clicked the option for the show your contacting about went to the recently added favs section and clicked on knight rider

i emailed them on that subject asking them to please bring back knight rider and i loved the show and it was just starting to get back to the good stuff

anyways i recieved a email reply from them today saying.....

'due to nbc's recent change of programming we are currently looking at shows we have taken off air to return if there is interest please keep coming back to nbc.com for further updates on new and returning shows'

that has to be some good news right? i know its a long shot but they seem to be looking for shows now to fill up thier station

the only thing i can think of now is to go to the nbc website and click on the contact us link at the bottom of the screen select the knight rider show from recently added selection drop down menu and email them, if everyone emails a few times (with different emails and names) maybe just maybe they will take it on board and consider it

Dakdude3
Stranger

Re: There may be a lil bit of hope for knight rider read inside

Post by Dakdude3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:33 pm

yeah that is good news(fingers crossed) considering up until now Knight Rider wasn't in their contact list. I also sent a messag so here's hoping.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:56 pm

This is great news! Keep your fingers crossed everyone! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 pm

That's actually pretty interesting. Being as how their specialty in recent years was canceling shows that were #1 (including the decision to promise Conan O'Brien The Tonight Show in 2004 even though Jay Leno was #1 at the time), and their revolving door of management, I think they may be open to new ideas. It seems like as a network they have nowhere to go but up.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:32 pm

I think the thing to do would be to Duplicate what ianruk is claiming. No offense, but I'd love to see a PDF of the e-mail back from NBC. It just doesn't sound right.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:54 pm

So I Did...

Here's what i sent:
To Whom It Might Concern,

Knight Rider 2008 was pulled too late. The last 5 episodes were the closest to the original, and if NBC would give it support the same way it did Chuck, the ratings would follow. There's a huge KR community out there that would love to see the show continue, here in the US and abroad. If there is someway to bring back KR, please consider having David Andron be the showrunner, replacing Gary Scott Thompson. Mr. Andron understood better what the original series was about, and would be could be the one man to make a difference.

Thank you, (my real name)

p.s. if you do bring the show back, please spend money on actual live stunts, vs. CGI.
As soon as I hit enter, this is what was displayed:
Thank you for your interest in NBC. There are many options for viewers who would like to offer feedback or ask questions regarding NBC.

First, be sure to check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page because, chances are your question has been asked by others (great minds think alike).

Second, due to the incredible volume of mail we receive we are unable to individually respond to every inquiry. Don't take it personally, because we do value your comments and suggestions.

Third, it may seem like we at NBC are constantly hanging out with celebrities, but the sad truth is that we're not. Consequently, we are unable to forward emails directed to NBC talent.

Finally, NBC cannot accept, consider or pay for any unsolicited creative ideas or materials. If you send something anyway, you waive any claims with respect to your submission. So why send it?
AND...in my mailbox, was this:
Thanks for your email. NBC values your comments, but unfortunately, due to the volume of emails we receive, we cannot respond to each one. Please check our FAQ section to see if your question is answered there:

/faq/

Since we cannot accept unsolicited scripts, show ideas, or other creative material, any such submission by email will be deleted without being read.

We would also like to hear more of your opinions about television and the programs you watch. If you would like to share your feedback with us by becoming part of our viewer panel, please visit the following link:

http://www2.rresults.com/1809998/index.cfm?s=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you join, you'll occasionally be invited to take Internet surveys, which are fun to do and usually take about 5 minutes to complete. The information you give will have an impact on the television programs you enjoy.

Thanks for logging on to NBC's websites.
So...I don't think I'm going to get anything else. If I do, I'll post.

Aydann.
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Aydann. » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:12 am

Just emailed them! Fingers Crossed ;;]
One man can make a difference, Michael.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 am

Remember this is NBC we are talking about here. :lol:
But I would LOVE it if they brought it back somehow.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:05 am

I have just emailed NBC,and as im from scotland i have pointed out Knight Riders worldwide audience. Will let you know if i get a reply.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:38 am

I don't normally do this kind of thing but I emailed NBC just now, telling them that the show was doing well here in the UK and other kinds of things.

Did try and keep it as short as I could and got to the point as quick as possible.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:16 am

Just emailed them too! I hope we get somewhere with this. My tv is not the same without my Knight Rider.

adrianna
Recruit

Post by adrianna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:48 am

I emailed them too, just a minute ago.
I'm gonna ask my friends and family to do the same, I suggest you do it too. We need our voice to be heard, so we have to "shout" really loud.
" We CAN make a difference!" :kittconv: :good:
---------------------
SEAN: Who's driving?!
KI3T: I am.
SEAN: Forget the driving, who's talking?!!!!
KI3T: I am, you may call me KITT...
----------------------

HILARIOUS! :kittconv:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 am

I e-mailed them with all 3 of my e-mail addresses and used WIBoomer's as a template:
To Whom It Might Concern,
I, along with many people I know, enjoyed Knight Rider. The last 5 episodes were the closest to the original, and if NBC would give it support the same way it did Chuck, the ratings would follow. Actually, Knight Rider was always second in ratings to American Idol. With this being Idol's last season with Simon Cowell, I would bet the ratings will fall without him.
There's a huge Knight Rider community out there that would love to see the show continue, here in the US and abroad. In fact, I am the first person to actually build a Knight Rider 2008 Replica and will be attending the Knight Rider Festival II in Las Vegas this March. Many fans would like to meet from someone from NBC to voice our support for the network and, what we consider, 'our' show.
If there is someway to bring back Knight Rider, please consider having David Andron be the showrunner, replacing Gary Scott Thompson. Mr. Andron understood better what the original series was about, and would be the 'one man to make a difference'. Most everyone who watched the Knight Rider pilot in February 2008 AND the series in the fall consider the pilot to be much better. Gary Scott Thompson just did not know what Knight Rider was about and was THE reason the series was not up to standards. Most all of the Knight Rider community believes in Dave Andron's version of Knight Rider rather than Gary Scott Thompson's. I will put it simply and in my opinion. Gary Scott Thompson was the reason Knight Rider failed.

Thank you,

p.s. if you do bring the show back, please spend money on actual live stunts, vs. CGI.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:15 pm

I just got an automated reply saying NBC cant read every email it receives!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:20 pm

tamatt27 wrote:I e-mailed them with all 3 of my e-mail addresses and used WIBoomer's as a template
brings a tear to me eyes, boys(and girls if you are one)...sniff sniff

i knew i should have copyrighted that...dang it!

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:27 pm

I sent an email as well:

I and many others from KnightRiderOnline have heard that with the elimination of certain shows from your schedule you may be considering bringing back previously cancelled shows. We believe that with a return back to Dave Andron's original vision of a new, modern Knight Rider many fans would very much welcome KR08 back to television and Mr. Andron's influence will draw many new viewers as the pilot episode did. Please consider reinstating the new Knight Rider in your lineup as this show, if done right, could bring a steady viewership to your network in the right timeslot.

I got an immediate reply back, the same form letter as you others got. Let's hope that even though they can't reply to our emails that someone, the right person, actually reads and considers them.

adrianna
Recruit

Post by adrianna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Yeah, I suppose I don't need an answer anyway. All I really want is NEXT SERIES OF KNIGHT RIDER !!!(not just the second one but more and more and more!!!!, sorry, I just got carried away. hhhrrggmm)
:lol: :kitt2: :lol:
---------------------
----------------------

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:48 pm

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!!! We have to fight for what we want!!!! With NBC the mess it is right now, this is the Best time to fight for a Second Season of KR:2008!!!! Just as the Phoenix rises from the ashes(If we want it, and are willing to fight for it with Petitions and E-Mails, etc.), KR:2008(AND KNIGHT RIDER) WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!! :good: :good: :!: :!:

adrianna
Recruit

Post by adrianna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Although I do hope they will bring 2nd season and I do support the petitions and blah blah, I have a strange feeling deep inside that it is a bit too late or something. Coz if you think about it: the cast is like 3 years older now (since filming) the story line is screwed up- because Dr. greinman and them rest are dead.... OMG I really don't know what to think of it now.....
But yeah, let's keep on trying to save it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:kitt:
---------------------
----------------------

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:32 am

it would be sweet to get it back, but seriously the money wise for NBC, they basically destroyed the 'Kitt cave' unless its just in storage, also would they get the main cast back? justin and kilmer?

also where with Kitt, is ki3t in storage, or would u go back to ford and talk to them about a new car?

the only logic choice i see is the 2010 GT500 Super Snake

but that is not a Ford product, it is a post title conversion, would have to get Shelby to create 3 or 4 cars and takes 3 to 4 months to build them

it was different for the KR because Ford sold those cars, and basically came from the factory not coming from Shelby
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:52 am

I'm also all for the campaigns and such, but in regards to KITT, the mistake made was that they used the most expensive mustang they could find...not a fiscally sound idea. Use a fancy hood, but keep it stock.
TOS KITT was some high end T/A just a new BASIC model that was improved upon....
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:17 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:I e-mailed them with all 3 of my e-mail addresses and used WIBoomer's as a template
brings a tear to me eyes, boys(and girls if you are one)...sniff sniff

i knew i should have copyrighted that...dang it!
haha...what? It was a good template. :wink:
Even if they can't/won't read every e-mail, if we send enough of them with the title 'Knight Rider' then they will know it's important. If they open one and read it, then there's our foot in the door.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

adrianna
Recruit

Post by adrianna » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Or they could see the title KNIGHT RIDER and not read it because they could be bored of our emails.
:( :kittconv: :kittconv: :(
---------------------
----------------------

Knightfreak
Stranger

Post by Knightfreak » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 pm

I really don't understand how they decided to stop with the season. I mean the least they can do is have a meeting with all writers to improve the series. I mean I must say honest that there are only a few good hot episodes and most of them are really bad.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 pm

You need to remember that the meeting you suggested DID happen. NBC tightened the reigns, made the changes to lop off Graiman, Torres, and Carrie, and get back to basics. But it was probably also decided that unless there was a HUGE ratings increase, KR08 was a goner. You'd think that NBC would have put more weight behind a revamped KR, but they didn't...and it was quietly buried, without as so much as an official cancellation (funeral).