There may be a lil bit of hope for knight rider read inside

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DavidKnight
Rookie

Re: There may be a lil bit of hope for knight rider read inside

Post by DavidKnight » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 am

WIBoomer1:

I guess all of us know that you don't have any hope for a second season, so i just don't understand why do you say it over and over again? Let the others have hope, the whole thing does worth a try, remember, Jericho came back and recently Chuck did too. I clearly can't see any reason why they can't at least give it a shot, it's their decision...

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:38 am

I keep saying it in the hopes that people would figure out that the energy spent on the TV series should be spent on the Motion Picture. That is the only thing that has any real chance of becoming a reality. Did I like KR 08? yes, but it's too far gone at this point to bring back. Chuck has more advertising support than KR does, and Jericho only came back to close out it's storyline. Other than the fact that we as fans would like to see more adventures with KI3T, there's nothing to bring it back. I wanted to see if I could get the same response that ianruk did, but it didn't happen. That alone should tell you something.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey guys, while I'm one of the biggest proponents of bringing KR back (I even started a thread to start the letter writing and comment board campaign again), but I asked GST via twitter the following (I've been watching his tweets, and it seems to be the real GST to me - I could be wrong of course, and it could be an imposter):
flagceo: @GarySThompson - any chance of getting KR back on NBC now that Leno is going back to the Tonight Show? Mid-season replacement? :-)
And GST replied to me with this yesterday (1/26/2010):
GarySThompson: @flagceo Don't think so. New people at the Network. KR was Ben's baby.
If it's him, GST is not invested in the project, of which he was the primary producer. SO... if he won't re-engage, unless NBC gets someone else to do it (or unless Glen Larson finds someone), I don't have much hope that NBC will re-order KR. I hate to say it.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying. My next tweek to GST was
flagceo: @GarySThompson - still, there's no harm in trying, right?
But he hasn't responded. Still, keep writing to NBC, and make sure your subject/thread lines say something about bringing Knight Rider 08 back to NBC. Even if they don't read every e-mail/posting/letter, they'll at least be able to see the subject lines.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 am

With Leno goin back to Tonight Show, that means scripted shows are back. If they can do some better
story work, mixing up the terrorist or helping someone out stories, they could have it working. They could
also bring back Billy and Dr. Graiman. Here's hoping.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:27 am

Bring back KR the cast the crew and hopefully someone that knows the original. I think that what put them in the spot that they are in.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

shrtcrt
Volunteer

Post by shrtcrt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 pm

It would be nice if they brought the show back, but I think under a new director. Not sure what GST was trying to do, but it seemed to miss the essence of the original series. As far as casting goes, if the original guys are available, they might come back, but if they have a steady gig, I doubt they would.

I did like Las Vegas and thought GST did a decent job as that, but Knight Rider only got better after mid season after the cuts, like most people agree. It was back to a guy and his car with some support to do his job.

As far as cars go, I am open to something cool. I hope they find another voice actor too.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:51 pm

For the car they could use the Shelby SuperSnake, w/o all the Transformer crap, just the nanotech, and
the attack mode. They could get Kelsey Grammer to voice KITT. He has the personality for it imho.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:00 am

Knight94 wrote:For the car they could use the Shelby SuperSnake, w/o all the Transformer crap, just the nanotech, and
the attack mode. They could get Kelsey Grammer to voice KITT. He has the personality for it imho.
Every time I hear Kelsey Grammer I think of Sideshow Bob.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 am

FLAGCEO wrote:Hey guys, while I'm one of the biggest proponents of bringing KR back (I even started a thread to start the letter writing and comment board campaign again), but I asked GST via twitter the following (I've been watching his tweets, and it seems to be the real GST to me - I could be wrong of course, and it could be an imposter):
flagceo: @GarySThompson - any chance of getting KR back on NBC now that Leno is going back to the Tonight Show? Mid-season replacement? :-)
And GST replied to me with this yesterday (1/26/2010):
GarySThompson: @flagceo Don't think so. New people at the Network. KR was Ben's baby.
If it's him, GST is not invested in the project, of which he was the primary producer. SO... if he won't re-engage, unless NBC gets someone else to do it (or unless Glen Larson finds someone), I don't have much hope that NBC will re-order KR. I hate to say it.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying. My next tweek to GST was
flagceo: @GarySThompson - still, there's no harm in trying, right?
But he hasn't responded. Still, keep writing to NBC, and make sure your subject/thread lines say something about bringing Knight Rider 08 back to NBC. Even if they don't read every e-mail/posting/letter, they'll at least be able to see the subject lines.

I like you action trying to get ahold of KR. The only thing I see that cant happen.........you said "Mid-season replacement'. Cant happen for a couple of things. 1). they need to draw up kR contracts again. 2) build their sets again, get a new car if they have to. 3) find new cast if they cant get everyone back, im fine if they only brought back Justin and built around that.

it would be hard to film the show quick and have some quality for a mid-season replacement, if it did come back, the only chance would be shown during the summer or the Fall 2010 Season
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 pm

I hear K.G. and I think of Frasier. That's why I think he fits. His intelligent personality is also
why he was chosen to play Beast in X-Men 3. I think he'd bring that inelligence and humor to the part.

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:50 pm

tamatt27 wrote:
Knight94 wrote:For the car they could use the Shelby SuperSnake, w/o all the Transformer crap, just the nanotech, and
Every time I hear Kelsey Grammer I think of Sideshow Bob.

Nah nah nah nah nah no no no nononnono. Keep the Transformations and especially keep Val Kilmer.