The very end of the Theme Song

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

The very end of the Theme Song

Post by TurboBoostMan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Does anyone have a still picture or maybe an animated gif (either on is fine) of the original KR theme song when KITT is driving away from u? It's the very last thing in the theme song. It's there the music goes... "Da--DaDa--Da--DaDa--Daaaaa--DaDa--Da. Then VERY end. the last thin in the theme song. I've been trying to find it forever, and i cant find it.
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

peterp&j
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The very end of the Theme Song

Post by peterp&j » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 am

hello pal not sure if its the end scenes from the opening credits or the end credits so heres some stills from both hope it helps
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:14 pm

It's not a screencap, but here's an icon/avatar I made if you want to use it. (You'll have to alter it some if you want to use it on here.)

If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 pm

these are exactly the pictures i was looking for. THANK U!!
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm

peterp&j wrote:hello pal not sure if its the end scenes from the opening credits or the end credits so heres some stills from both hope it helps
And there's that magical and possibly most famous Dashboard Blunder of all - the straight 'stunt car' dash on every episode of KR!

Magic.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 am

Yep and sometimes there is a creative moment :mrgreen: :good: Because of this end pics I made my Pilotmodelcar:

Josch
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

ronnald
Stranger

Post by ronnald » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:24 pm

simon_a6 wrote:
peterp&j wrote:hello pal not sure if its the end scenes from the opening credits or the end credits so heres some stills from both hope it helps
And there's that magical and possibly most famous Dashboard Blunder of all - the straight 'stunt car' dash on every episode of KR!

Magic.
The red scanner isn't in the correct place either.

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:38 am

Yes that is possibly the most famous of them all.
And well spotted, I never spotted that scanner error. And don't recall it on any other scene either.

I was watching Sky Knight last night, and the scene were KITT is dodging the landmines is the same library footage of him dodge the rockets from the episode with the Colonal and the daughter.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:25 am

simon_a6 wrote:Yes that is possibly the most famous of them all.
And well spotted, I never spotted that scanner error. And don't recall it on any other scene either.

I was watching Sky Knight last night, and the scene were KITT is dodging the landmines is the same library footage of him dodge the rockets from the episode with the Colonal and the daughter.
- It's not a "scanner error" - that's the pre-pilot nose created by Jon Ward in that shot which was made before Michael Scheffe stepped in to rework it later in the pilot production which eventually replaced it. This nose was created for shooting second unit footage while Scheffe continued to work on the interior design and electronics. This is why there is a "straight across" dash in these shots - the actual functioning dash was not create yet. This nose was used throughout the pilot in most of the "driving scenes" footage. I really wouldn't call it a "stunt car", more a pre-pilot stand in.

You'll notice that in the end credits sequence the scanner is not moving (it's not a light, it's just a red plastic lense and it didn't catch light well - notice you can't see it in the end credits.) and there are no shots of the interior dash. That's because when the sequence was shot, they were not finished yet. Television shows are often shot out of sequence and this bit was created for the trimmed down 40 minute presentation to NBC which was later expanded into a full 2 hour pilot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FvEkGfLIdU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can see the "pre-pilot" nose with the higher scanner featured in most of the black and white pilot promo shots and press kit photos - here's an example but bigger imagery can be found in my book.

The episode you're referring to with the recycled explosions footage is Season One's Deadly Manuevers. I've seen that footage used quite a bit throughout the series along with the famous turbo boost from The Topaz Connection across the ravine - re-used in Knight Flight to Freedom, Nobody Does it Better, Junk Yard Dog, and Lost Knight from another angle.

=VK=
:dash:

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Thanks for that.
While I see what you are saying, most still consider it an error tho, as every episode, except the Pilot, as it in the 'other' location on the car.

The straight dash is a far more 'serious' error tho. Surely they at least knew it would be a curved dash?? And as such, stick something over the standard Trans Am dash to give the illusion? It just stands out so badly.

I'll watch the Pilot again, as I do remember seeing a different bumper but don't recall the scanner being 'there'.

Here's a new one: has anyone tried to compare the "Kitt driving toward you" scene at the end of the opening credits, from the original, and from the "SPM" version?

Question: did they get an exact location/position match?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:55 am

simon_a6 wrote:Thanks for that.
While I see what you are saying, most still consider it an error tho, as every episode, except the Pilot, as it in the 'other' location on the car.

The straight dash is a far more 'serious' error tho. Surely they at least knew it would be a curved dash?? And as such, stick something over the standard Trans Am dash to give the illusion? It just stands out so badly.

I'll watch the Pilot again, as I do remember seeing a different bumper but don't recall the scanner being 'there'.

Here's a new one: has anyone tried to compare the "Kitt driving toward you" scene at the end of the opening credits, from the original, and from the "SPM" version?

Question: did they get an exact location/position match?
- The purple desert "tint" scenes were all shot at El Mirage lake bed in CA. They used the lake bed for all the opening credits and end credits involving the tinted desert lens effect. You'll notice the purple tint doesn't match up in Season Four because they used a dfferent camera crew to shoot it and alternative lenses - it's much more pink/magenta than the original purple and the scanner doesn't show as much on the SPM car.

As far as the dash goes, they made this series for kids mostly - given most people's age at the time the series aired the average kid isn't going to notice these inconsistancies and you can't put a "hero" dash into a stunt car, it's not practical or safe.

Happy hunting! :good:

=VK=

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:41 am

Mmmm I wasn't really referring to the tint. I said the "location". Are the mountains the same, for example.
There is a thread here that proves they do 'stick' a curved 'topping' on the dash occasionally, for an image where MK is laying on the bonnet.

Now, unless they had no idea it would be curved at the time, they really ought to have put 'something' on that dash to show the curve.

I was a kid when I first watched it, and I noticed it back the in 1982.

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Talking about ending and screen shots, would someone please show me KARR's still-active CPU in the sand after they've jumped into each other with KITT? I heard it is there but I couldn't find it. All I recognise is his bumper :(
Help, please! :)
Intelligence is the right of all free beings

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm

It's there beeping and flashing at the end - final shot of that episode.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 pm

simon_a6 wrote:Mmmm I wasn't really referring to the tint. I said the "location". Are the mountains the same, for example.
There is a thread here that proves they do 'stick' a curved 'topping' on the dash occasionally, for an image where MK is laying on the bonnet.

Now, unless they had no idea it would be curved at the time, they really ought to have put 'something' on that dash to show the curve.

I was a kid when I first watched it, and I noticed it back the in 1982.
- The "location" is El Mirage lake bed in CA. Yes, the mountains are the same. In the future, you may want to make your questions more specific. See the "Locations" thread for all that info. From this point on, you can find your own answers. I've done enough research for you.

Good luck.

=VK=

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:49 am

Crikey - spikey!
I am not asking about WHERE it was, as most genuine KR fans here know the location.
I am talking about the actual 'spot' on the landscape. Or the physical GPS location.

Did they line up the camera to roughly the same spot. Another place to check is the credits that run at the end. The 'still' shot.