Deanna Russo Confirms Knight Rider death

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Super Flash
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Deanna Russo Confirms Knight Rider death

Post by Super Flash » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 pm

:D Hello There Everyone,

:kitt2: I was at work today and unable to respond to this post until now:

"WIBoomer1 » Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Super Flash wrote:
Where do some of you have a problem with the KITT's transformations? Go back to the original series fourth season and didn't the original KITT transform from regular car to convertible? How about Super Pursuit Mode and Emergency Braking System? :?:

:D Super Flash, if you were to do the show in the 80's, with the limited special effects that could be had for the price, then yes, the convertible and SPM were direct fore bearers of the transformations that occurred in KR 08. Times do change, and if this is truly what the writers were hoping to accomplish, then they got their wish. I think most people here just hated the fact that the transformations all lead to other Ford products, and then not just cars, but trucks and vans..."

You see WIBoomer1 Ford was the only car company that had a licensing agreement with the show to use their products and they couldn't use Cadillac or Dodge or any other car company for that matter so why the problem with Ford anyway? I have no issue with it. I don't recall the van part though... :kittconv:

8) "My opinion is that the 1st season is the best of the 4, with season 3 beating out season 2, and then ending with season 4. Why? Because the first season didn't rely on over the top ingredients, things that were too out of left field, and it was still learning about KITT's capabilities, and how things worked. Season 3 because Bonnie was Back! Season 2 because the show grew from season 1, but because Bonnie was replaced with April, it didn't have that spark of the Michael/Bonnie tension. And Season 4 (for me) sucked, because there was too many model shots, SPM shots, too many "we've gone to the well and it's dry" plots. And no offense to Peter Parros, but there was no reason for RC3. It was another stab at getting people to watch KR, and it didn't work. That's why SPM transformations have no real reason being in KR. KITT should be able to do all the things he did in Season 4 without the add ons, because he didn't need to draw attention to himself, the ultimate stealth mode." :kittconv:

:kitt: I can see you make some good points here and I agree with some but all of your points here. I thought that the first season was ok and seasons 2 to 4 got better. I still wish that they did a better job of explaining why Bonnie left during the second season and why April left for the third season. As for the fourth season was great for me and I liked the new features at the time. I don't see how the show would have worked without Super Pursuit Mode and so forth. You see with a car of the future like that you need to be able to improve and enhance the car to keep it ahead of the technological advances that were still to come. I don't see how that is calling attention to the car. As for Peter Parros has was fine and I liked the fact that they added another cast member to help out in missions and give us a an explanation of whom was driving the FLAG Semi and to be Michael's other partner in some shows. I don't agree with RC 3 not being needed at all. I have The Original Knight Rider on DVD and don't recall any of the model shots or going to the well times either. I like The Super Pursuit and thought it added to the show and not take away from it as you pointed out. :karr:

:good: "People have to realize that KR 08 is gone. It's not coming back this year or next, or the next after that. 17 eps and done (TKR got more!). NBC doesn't work like the BBC, or Fox, by bringing shows back after there's been no production for years. Do we need to assign blame anymore? it was a comedy of multiple issues, that led to too many cooks in the kitchen." :)

:dash: That is your opinion about Knight Rider being gone. It will be back and sooner then you think or realize. I am aware that Team Knight Rider had more episodes and that show was syndicated and didn't have network interference like so many others shows for example The Original Series Star Trek, Cheers, Cosby Show, The Greatest American Hero, A-Team, Hunter, and so forth. Yeah those shows got more episodes. Don't forget NBC first said Knight Rider was going to be 22 episodes and then back tracked to 17. I do agree that there were too many cooks in the kitchen here and multiple issues and so forth but, the final blame rests with NBC. :evil:

:D "THAT'S NOT TO SAY THAT KNIGHT RIDER IS DEAD...just this version. Will there be another updated KR somewhere down the line?...who knows. Will the movie ever come out? Let's see how the A-Team movie comes out, and I think depending on the cheeziness factor (Super Flash, do you really not understand the term "Cheese"? it's basically anything that makes you grit your teeth, going, "uh, that was cheep", just put in there to get a rise, get a laugh, etc?) we'll see something green lit... I'm not holding my breath for a Glen Lawson BSG film; it's too soon after Ron D Moore's version, and Caprica didn't even start yet." 8)

:D I agree that Knight Rider is not dead and this version will be back. I am looking forward to The A-Team Movie and believe that Glen A. Larson's Movie version will be out at some point. Forgive me on the cheese term. I have never heard it before and don't need to be insulted over my lack of knowledge on it. I don't see what Ronald D. Moore has to do with anything and Knight Rider. I am not really interested in Caprica. I will stick with Batman Brave And The Bold, Pro Football and Baseball and WWE Programming for now. :)

Well, that is it for now and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
:kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Here is another interesting post to respond to:

"Deanna was right about the "cheese" being a factor, the scenes between Billy and Zoe were full on cheese humour which, IMO, wasn't funny but bordered on being cringy."

Forgive me here on my lack of knowledge on the cheese term here and what IMO is I am lost there but, I don't agree here. I liked the humor and I didn't see it as being wierd or cringy. It was funny and enjoyable. What is humour? I not sure what that is at all.

"Even the original didn't have cheese like that."

I don't know about that. I thought the original had it own brand of humor.

"The tone of the series and the pilot were vastly different and they obviously should have kept the tone of the pilot."

This makes sense here and while the series had its flaws I still like it.

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 pm

I'll try to cut this down, so it doesn't choke on it's own weight...
Super Flash wrote:Ford was the only car company that had a licensing agreement with the show to use their products and they couldn't use Cadillac or Dodge or any other car company for that matter so why the problem with Ford anyway? I have no issue with it. I don't recall the van part though...
It was about being over the top unbelievable. As I've stated in older quotes, by transforming the way KI3T did, it meant that EVERY FIBER of KI3T was nanotech. You can't make more mass than what you begin with. A 3500 lb car that transforms into a 4500 lb van has to make up 1000 lbs. It really wasn't about the Brand Name that KI3T was transforming to, unless you really really really hate Fixing Or Repairing Daily. (BTW, I own Ford stock!)
Super Flash wrote:I still wish that they did a better job of explaining why Bonnie left during the second season and why April left for the third season.
Do you mean on the show or in real life? IRL, Patricia was asked to leave because the producers felt she was not glamorous enough and had Rebecca waiting in the wings. When it became apparent that there was no chemistry between April and Michael like there was Bonnie and Michael, The Hoff asked to get Patricia back. I liked how it was handled on season 3 premiere, there was no real need to delve into it more (unless you were a Rebecca fan, then I could see that).
Super Flash wrote:As for the fourth season was great for me and I liked the new features at the time. I don't see how the show would have worked without Super Pursuit Mode and so forth. You see with a car of the future like that you need to be able to improve and enhance the car to keep it ahead of the technological advances that were still to come. I don't see how that is calling attention to the car.
Because the original idea was to NOT call attention to the vehicle. When you think of the Knight 2000, do you think of the original black vehicle or that tricked out over cladded beast? I think most would go with the original vision. The gadgets were incorporated into KITT, but there really wasn't anything added to SPM, except the $250,000 price tag.
Super Flash wrote:As for Peter Parros has was fine and I liked the fact that they added another cast member to help out in missions and give us a an explanation of whom was driving the FLAG Semi and to be Michael's other partner in some shows. I don't agree with RC 3 not being needed at all. I have The Original Knight Rider on DVD and don't recall any of the model shots or going to the well times either. I like The Super Pursuit and thought it added to the show and not take away from it as you pointed out.
I could have cared less who drove the Semi. Let it be BJ and the Bear. The addition of RC3 might have been a way for the producers to open KR to another demographic (my opinion and emphasis on MIGHT). Everything that RC3 did, Michael should have been able to do.
Super Flash wrote:That is your opinion about Knight Rider being gone. It will be back and sooner then you think or realize.
KR 08 is gone. Please realize what I just said. KR "08" is gone. I never said KR as a whole is dead, and I stated it again clearly in the next paragraph. You will not see the 2008 Mustang KI3T ever again. Any attempt to restart KR will disavow KR 08, just like all the other versions did within theirs. TKR only grazed the surface by introducing a shadowed, disguised version of Michael Knight and a pulsing microprocessor for the series cliffhanger/ender , KR 2010 wasn't connected, and KR 2K was the closest by explaining what had happened to KI2T, Michael, etc, but KR 08 never acknowledged any of those versions. The only version that matters is the Original.
Super Flash wrote:I agree that Knight Rider is not dead and this version will be back.
Super Flash, see above.
Super Flash wrote:Forgive me on the cheese term. I have never heard it before and don't need to be insulted over my lack of knowledge on it.
I was trying to define the term so you might be able to understand it clearly. I believe that you are very passionate about your position on wanting KR 08 to be coming back in any form. I respect you and your position, but it's very improbable and unlikely that it will happen.
Super Flash wrote:I don't see what Ronald D. Moore has to do with anything and Knight Rider. I am not really interested in Caprica.
I'll drop the BSG stuff, because it'd take another 3 paragraphs or more, and we're really talking KR.

GST took from GAL (and from David Andron), but took too much away from the original concept and Feb 08 pilot movie. (much the same way that RDM took from GAL and shaped his own vision of it. The difference is that RDM made it work, while GST and NBC didn't). The last 5 eps corrected this, but it was little too late. For KR to work, you really need to cement the relationship between a man and his partner, who happens to be a car. You don't need the KITT Cave, the 450 people in it, the world scope of the first 12 episodes. It's about one man making a difference, chipping away one battle at a time. If you want a team, that's fine, because then you pair it down to the principals, the man, the car, the mechanic, and the leader. Any more support staff or sets on a regular basis is unneeded and wastes money that could be spent on live action sequences.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 pm

I can see that I can thank WIBoomer1 for his or her response here and I thank you but, I can see that we will not agree here. In your first paragraph you mention that KITT 3000 transformed into a van but, I don't recall any instance of that. I get your explanation but, you missed the point entirely of the car. The car was designed to over those transformation problems and not be limited by them. I am not sure what you meant by fixing or repairing daily is supposed to mean and that is great you own Ford stock. I wish that I did.

Your next paragraph you responded to me and I will clarify things here. You missed my point entirely on Bonnie completely here. I know why the actress Patricia McPhearson left the show. I was referring to why here character Bonnie's departure was not mentioned in The Second Season Premiere Episode. The Character April Curtis was introduced but, no mention of Bonnie's departure. Just a little trivia for you and that is Patricia McPherson did a one episode appearance on Star Trek: The Next Generation titled Angel One. Some props from Knight Of The Juggernaut show up as well in that episode. Now, getting back to my point I know all the actress and why Patricia left and came back. I heard alot reasons including yours and know why she came back in the third season. I just didn't like how her character was handled during the second season premiere episode lack of info that is but, I do agree with your assessment on the third season premiere episode. 8)

I can see that you and I disagree with your third point. When I think of The Knight 2000 I think of the fourth season car. The way I see it what computer would you like one from 1998 or one from 2010? Or what car do you want one from 1969 like The General Lee or a Cadillac from 2010? The reason I ask those questions is because my point is no different. For the show to be believed the car-Kitt 2000 had to evolve and be better then the year before it would be tough for show to succeed without the transformations that where added during Knight Of The Juggernaught.

I will continue in a moment... :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:12 am

8) Continuing my response to WIBoomer1,

:kittconv: Kitt 2000 had to get better and different from the previous seasons to work. Season three KITT would not have worked in the forth season. You say that calls attention to car fine, I watch the show I didn't that way first run and it still holds true today as I re watch the original Knight Rider on DVD. Now on to your fourth point and that is again you and I disagree here. You didn't like the RC III character I did plain and simple. You made your case and I have made mine. I liked the character and what he did during that final season. Sometimes when you are fighting crime you need a partner to back you up and there were times where KITT 2000 couldn't help or situations too much for Michael Knight and that is why RC III. I know that you will disagree with me and that is fine. I see RC III no different the police officers some of them ride two to a vehicle and based on what you are telling that is not necessary. One to car is fine. I just don't see how a fourth season would not have worked without him. You disagree with me fine. I am moving on from this... :kittside:

:kittconv: Your fifth point is this: "KR 08 is gone. Please realize what I just said. KR "08" is gone. I never said KR as a whole is dead, and I stated it again clearly in the next paragraph. You will not see the 2008 Mustang KI3T ever again. Any attempt to restart KR will disavow KR 08, just like all the other versions did within theirs. TKR only grazed the surface by introducing a shadowed, disguised version of Michael Knight and a pulsing microprocessor for the series cliffhanger/end-er , KR 2010 wasn't connected, and KR 2K was the closest by explaining what had happened to KI2T, Michael, etc, but KR 08 never acknowledged any of those versions. The only version that matters is the Original." :)

:) I never said Knight Rider is gone and I never implied that you did either. I disagree with on the fact that Knight Rider 2008 is gone. You do not know that. You can not honestly state and believe that any Ford Vehicle including the Mustang would be used again for an version or incarnation of Knight Rider in the future. I don't see how any attempt to restart or bring back Knight Rider will disavowed Knight Rider 2008. I agree that TKR did graze the surface here. I can see you have your facts wrong on TKR and their version of Michael Knight. The shadow figure was KITT and not Michael. I have the show on VHS tape that I recorded first run and I send to you to prove it. Michael Knight character was seen in the final episode standing over his grave with a new name and look to explain to the team what is going on and what to do next. There was no Knight Rider 2010 but, in the pilot of Knight Rider 2008 what happened to KITT 2000 was hinted out in Doctor Graiman's garage and I did agree with the comment about the Knight Rider 2000 reunion movie as well. I agree that the series Knight Rider 2008 never explained what happened to KITT 2000. I don't get why you feel that the original mattered while I feel that both mattered the same. :kittconv:

I will continue in a minute... :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:36 am

WIBoomer1 your sixth point in continuing my response to you about my lack of knowledge on the cheesy term and I thank you for that. I never heard of it before and I am not up these new terms and computer lingo. I can see you and I disagree on whether Knight Rider 2008 will be back so we will leave it at that.

Now your seventh point here is about about Battle star Galactica and I never really got into the new version. I am a fan of the classic one that ABC aired in the late 1970's. I am glad you didn't mentioned it since I don't see how one ties to the other.

Your eighth point is this: "GST took from GAL (and from David Andron), but took too much away from the original concept and Feb 08 pilot movie. (much the same way that RDM took from GAL and shaped his own vision of it. The difference is that RDM made it work, while GST and NBC didn't). The last 5 eps corrected this, but it was little too late. For KR to work, you really need to cement the relationship between a man and his partner, who happens to be a car. You don't need the KITT Cave, the 450 people in it, the world scope of the first 12 episodes. It's about one man making a difference, chipping away one battle at a time. If you want a team, that's fine, because then you pair it down to the principals, the man, the car, the mechanic, and the leader. Any more support staff or sets on a regular basis is unneeded and wastes money that could be spent on live action sequences."

I can see that you make some good points here and where we differ here. I am still not convinced and never will be that Gary Scott Thompson ruined the show alone. You made your point on that and I still believe that NBC programming executives had their hands in this as well. Dictating what can and can not be done. The Preemption's, lack of support for the show. Little promotion of it. Placing it against Lost and American Idol. I agree the last five episodes where good but, it was only too little too late because NBC did not give it a real chance. They could have moved it to another night for it to succeed. I get the one man and his car bit and feel with time that things change and more help is needed that then was done in the original. Unlike you I had no problem with the KITT Cave or the 450 people there. I thought it added to the update feel for the show from its predecessor. I liked the team concept and sometimes you need more then the man, the care, the leader, and mechanic. I disagree that it is unneeded and wastes money here that could have been spent else where.

I say let us move on here. We are stalemated here since you feel one way and I the other. I am going to bed now since I spent alot of time on this. Thanks again and take care.

Knight Rider Lives!!!

danban
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by danban » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:51 pm

What a brilliant site,just unfortunate about the failure for the new KR show to get a new season but I guess five good episodes could not save it.
I read Micheal's thoughts & say its good that someone agrees to disagree & everyone should tolerate others opinions :good: so dont shoot the new guy :mrgreen: .
This show could have worked but I really think there was no strong leadership here & way too much cgi involved,what made shows like KR,DOH,FG,The A Team really popular to me was the acting & the stunts (KR actually held a world record for car jump distance in one of the most popular clips played when KITT jumps a gorge) these stunts made kids sit up & think cool,with this one ok the kid sits there & thinks nice cgi :idea: :shock: .
The other thing was Ford having so many of thier new vehicles showcased by KITT morphing into them as most over here knows things can change the shape maybe but never mass,so how does a car have the same property as a truck,argue all day long but its impossible & even my little nephew worked that out.
I know in the original KR the car turned to Super pursuit mode (which looked ridiculous then but the car was still the car & with going convertible well that was possible as a few cars had that aftermarket & to this day Marks Customs will do that if you can afford it.
I think there were too many NBC execs stirring the pot & too many chefs ruined the food that in Mr Larsons original his was the voice but now in this day with this offering the first 16 episodes seemed very confused about what they wanted to be ie family entertainment or the OC.
I think the Hoff being onboard maybe even as assistant producer or something to help it along would have made this work.
Shame because this show should have worked but then again the Dukes Of Hazard suffered the same thing in the new tv movies ,trying to update does not mean quick solution of showing flesh but it means storyline simliar & the sentiment similiar.
Personally I felt sorry for the cast almost as much as I do when Bryan Singer ruined Superman Returns.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:35 pm

::cracking my knuckles as I begin to craft my response to Super Flash

Super Flash, ultimately time will tell. All of it really doesn't matter, since there is no new production of KR, period.

KI3T did transform into a van. I don't remember which episode, but I do remember that Michael was driving KI3T as a van in a parking garage, and then KI3T transformed back into the Mustang. The pillars gave easy markers to put the CGI in.

F ixed O r R epaired D aily...FORD. you could also use F ound O n R oad D ead...here's 71 more:

http://www.all-acronyms.com/FORD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And 5 for Pontiac:

http://www.all-acronyms.com/PONTIAC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, I saw the TNG episode with Patricia, it's basically the last thing she's done on TV. Didn't know about KR props showing up on that episode. I think it's safe to say the producers wanted to just forget about Bonnie, and say Here's April. Continuity wasn't valued as much as it is now.

When I meant shadow Michael Knight, it wasn't Hasselhoff. It was someone that acted as Michael Knight, but it wasn't the real McCoy.

Knight Rider 2010 was part of the Action Pack, a syndicated Universal show that also featured a Burt Reynolds-less version of the Bandit, driving a Mitsubishi 3000...no wonder that didn't work. KR 2010 had nothing to do with KR TOS, it was more like Mad Max. Here's a link to it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110273/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most fans wanted to see real live action car chases and jumps. The money was spent on sets and CGI versus this. By having a larger cast, and spending money on the sets and CGI, there was nothing left for stunts. I understand why CGI was used, and for the most part was ok with it. I think that if the Feb 08 pilot was more closely stuck to, and Andron was in charge, then we'd be watching the 2nd season of KR 08.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks for the response Danban you make some excellent points here and I am surprised that WIBoomer1 one didn't comment on your post but, instead focused on me. Anyway, I am not bothered by it and I will comment here on his few point here:

8) Point One: While I am not cracking my knuckles here in my response I didn't realize that the Ford name could be broken down to mean Fixed On The Road Daily or Found On The Road Dead. Thanks for the link and I will be sure to check it out. As for Knight Rider I get it is cancelled and all of that but, that doesn't mean it can not be brought back at some point in this or so other form. As for the van I will re watch the series again to see that. It is probably there and I just missed it. Thanks for the link on Pontiac and I didn't realize that Pontiac could be broken down that way.

:good: Point Two: I am glad we both agree about Bonnie here and see that her character Bonnie Barstow absence not explained at all during the original run. It isn't until the third season premier where we find out what happened to here and not a thing is said about the April Curtis character during the third season and beyond.

"Continuity wasn't valued as much as it is now.

When I meant shadow Michael Knight, it wasn't Hasselhoff. It was someone that acted as Michael Knight, but it wasn't the real McCoy."

I agree that character and plot continuity was valued much then as it is now. I now understand your point about Michael Knight from Team Knight Rider. For a moment I thought you were confused with KITT but, I see that I was in error.

I will finish up in a moment... :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:07 am

8) Here is a passage from my last post here that needed to edited for errors and for some odd reason I could not edit or fix it:

"Point Two: I am glad we both agree about Bonnie here and see that her character Bonnie Barstow absence not explained at all during the original run. It isn't until the third season premier where we find out what happened to here and not a thing is said about the April Curtis character during the third season and beyond."

:kittconv: Here is how it should have read:

"Point Two:I am glad we both agree about Bonnie here and see that her character Bonnie Barstow absence not explained at all during the second season of the show's. It isn't until the third season premier where we find out what happened to here and not a thing is said about the April Curtis character during the third season and beyond. If they did what happened with two characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation then I would be bothered all of these years later. I know it is a trivial matter but, one I feel that needs to be addressed here. You see with Star Trek: The Next Generation like Knight Rider here had a supporting cast member leave and come back during the second and third seasons. The character that left Star Trek was Doctor Beverly Crusher played by Gate's McFadden and her character was replaced by Doctor Catherine Polanski played by Diana Muldar. The writers for Star Trek at the time did a good explaining why Beverly left to go to Star Fleet Medical and Pulanski's arrival for the second season and good explaining Beverly's return and Pulanski's departure. Now, only if the writers for Knight Rider at the time could have done with with Bonnie leaving during the second second and April leaving during the third season I would be bothered here." :kitt2:

I tried to that and couldn't sorry here and take care,
Mchael P. Nepa. :dash4:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 am

Now after posting a correction to my last post I can continue my response to WIBoomer1

8) Thanks for getting back to me as I stated before we do differ on our points here you like some things and I like others which is fine and I was not expecting a response back and have other things to do then to spend an hour crafting responses back and forth. I bet too you are no different. I can see that you problably have things to do and so forth and as I said earlier let us move on here since we will not agree with each other. I mean no offense here and if there is any taken please forgive me, ok? Thanks. Now you talk about Knight Rider 2010 and in an earlier post I stated that I wasn't sure what you are talking about and that their wasn't such a show. Now after reading your recent post here I do remember that show and do agree that it had little if anything to with Knight Rider show and franchise. You are correct it was more like Mad Max more then anything. I just forgot about it. Thanks for the link on it and I will check it out. :kittconv:

I will finish up here in a moment... :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:36 am

8) This is easier for me to respond to by breaking up my responses here and I am not out to be a problem nor spam the site. That is not my goal or intent. I am here just to talk that is all.

8) Now for my concluded response to WIBoomer1:

:good: "Most fans wanted to see real live action car chases and jumps. The money was spent on sets and CGI versus this. By having a larger cast, and spending money on the sets and CGI, there was nothing left for stunts. I understand why CGI was used, and for the most part was ok with it. I think that if the Feb 08 pilot was more closely stuck to, and Andron was in charge, then we'd be watching the 2nd season of KR 08."

:kitt: You make some good points here. I felt that the show had action car chases and jumps. Did they use the CGI more then they should? Yes, I am not sure whom is responsible for that The Programming Executives at NBC or Gary Scott Thompson. I had no problem with the larger cast since times are not the same in 2008-2009 as it was between 1982-1986. A lot has changed since the original Knight Rider ended and the world is a far more dangerous place to live in then back in 1986. Back then planes were not used as bombs and people didn't hid bombs in their clothing. So, I can see the change in this version of Knight Rider then the original. You make a good case on how the money was used and I am not sure if that was it but, it done now. Maybe NBC should have granted a bigger budget to do more live stunts like care chases, jumps, and so forth. I do agree that if the show stuck with how it was set up in the 2008 pilot and let me add NBC back the show better then it did and aired Knight Rider away from American Idol and Lost then we would be talking and discussing a second season now. It didn't matter whom was in charge Andron or Gary Scott Thompson, NBC Executives had the final say on what could and could not be done. I do agree that show at point didn't know where to go. I am not happy that NBC didn't give the show a fair shake and to see what it could have done after the reboot on a different night and them backing the show on that new night. :kitt2:

Well, that is it for now and take care,
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 am

8) I can see that I have gotten off topic here and I do apologize for that. I can see that Deanna Russo makes some good points here about why the show was canned and she confirms my points that NBC had no clue as to what to do with this show and how to handle it. The main problem I see is scheduling and how could they expect a show do well that has been off the air since 1986 as a series to do well now against two popular shows that have been on the air for some time? I know that there was the reunion movie in 1990 and Team Knight Rider that aired between 1996-1997 but, the Knight Rider Pilot Movie and series doesn't seem to include those story lines here. I just hope that when Knight Rider is brought back NBC does a better job with the show and follows some of Deanna's points and puts the show on a night where it can succeed.

:kitt: That is it for now and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

bddotnet
Recruit

Post by bddotnet » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 pm

What gets me is...Knight Rider originally aired on NBC from 1982-1986. Why do they not consult the film/tape libraries that they SHOULD have access to when they bring back classics like Knight Rider?
Bobby Duncan
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
http://www.bobbyduncan.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Pardon my expression, but he does have a few screws loose!"

adrianna
Recruit

Post by adrianna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:13 pm

I loved the scenes with Billy and Zoe,
They were funny but you had to know what they are talking about and in what context. I think if some of the things were clearer in the show then, yes, more people would have watch it and probably NBC would not take it down.
But I do not agree with Deanna, Knight Rider is not dead and we will do whatever it takes to keep it alive.
I just hope she's not gonna refuse when they ask her to star in 2nd season [if there will be one (of course there will )]
:kittspin: :kittconv:
---------------------
SEAN: Who's driving?!
KI3T: I am.
SEAN: Forget the driving, who's talking?!!!!
KI3T: I am, you may call me KITT...
----------------------

HILARIOUS! :kittconv:

David
Rookie

Post by David » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Regarding season 4 of TOS, Stupid Pursuit Mode put me off the first time round and I never bothered getting the DVDs when they came out, despite the fact Knight of The Juggernaut is one of my fave episodes - I actually still have it on VHS taped from the TV from when it originally aired.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the S4 episodes I caught during recent re-runs here in the UK (on Bravo?). SPM aside, I find the emphasis on team-work in S4 a lot of fun. Also, Hasselhoff manages to look younger in S4 than he did in S3 (must be the streamlined hairdo!)

Definitely much easier to watch than KR08!

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I think by the cheese comment she was in essence trying to say that the show should be escapist and not apologize for it. That's not the same thing as camp. ..and when she talks about the show ultimately ending up cheesy but not in the fun way I know what she means there to. Often when a genre work that tries too hard at being Serious Business or is constantly aplogizing for itself the it can be every bit as silly and annoying as camp. It's just a brand of silly from the opposite extreme.

britknight999
Stranger

Post by britknight999 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 pm

HI FOLKS

What it needs is now is us......we all need to get together and submit storylines.....we need to petition hasselhoff/daniels and larson to get invovled with the show and take it on beyond 2010......micheal knight kitt two thousand and larson producing and us the fans steering the story.....whos with me??????

keep knight riding all