Knight Rider's Ben Silverman news

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider's Ben Silverman news

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:56 pm

"Former NBC Entertainment Co-Chairman Ben Silverman's Electus production house will develop and produce content for Yahoo Inc in a deal that will likely be announced later on Friday, the New York Times said on its website.

Silverman, without specifying the kind of programs he would create for Yahoo, told the paper in an interview that he saw "opportunities for episodic storytelling," which include "more direct relationships" with advertisers."

More here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100108/wr_ ... an_yahoo_2

Ben Silverman was a big push to get Knight Rider back on the air and Ford jumped at his idea. Perhaps his new studio may be able to strike another deal with Ford and produce Knight Rider with his studio. Maybe we should bombard Electus with e-mails about the return of Knight Rider. This is the only contact info I could find:
Electus

Sunshine, Sachs & Associates

Jessica Berger

(212) 691-2800 / (917)748-9830

berger@sunshinesachs.com
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Re: Knight Rider's Ben Silverman news

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 pm

A long shot... very long... but still worth a shot. Anyone?
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Solid Snake wrote:A long shot... very long... but still worth a shot. Anyone?
A long shot.....but the closest one we've got.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Better than no shot at all!
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Except that NBC Universal owns Knight Rider and I don't see them letting other folks run off with their property.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Ben Silverman is the one largely responsible for NBC being in the position it's in and for how much of a mess of things KR08 was. To call him an idiot (along with the other knuckle draggers steering that ship) would be an insult to other idiots.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:41 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Ben Silverman is the one largely responsible for NBC being in the position it's in and for how much of a mess of things KR08 was. To call him an idiot (along with the other knuckle draggers steering that ship) would be an insult to other idiots.
Really?? From what I heard, he was largely responsible for the 2008 Pilot and getting the partnership with Ford. The creative direction the show went was, largely, the mistake of getting Gary Scott Thompson involved. I attribute the success of the Pilot Dave Andron and Ben Silverman for making Knight Rider 2008 even a reality.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:17 pm

tamatt27 wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Ben Silverman is the one largely responsible for NBC being in the position it's in and for how much of a mess of things KR08 was. To call him an idiot (along with the other knuckle draggers steering that ship) would be an insult to other idiots.
Really?? From what I heard, he was largely responsible for the 2008 Pilot and getting the partnership with Ford. The creative direction the show went was, largely, the mistake of getting Gary Scott Thompson involved. I attribute the success of the Pilot Dave Andron and Ben Silverman for making Knight Rider 2008 even a reality.
Agreed, but the out of control spiral the actual first season was in was more or less due to bad "execution" of both GST and NBC... they did not get on one line, which painfully shows.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

adrianna
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by adrianna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:59 pm

If that's what it takes then I'm writing my email..........NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:kitt: ;)
---------------------
SEAN: Who's driving?!
KI3T: I am.
SEAN: Forget the driving, who's talking?!!!!
KI3T: I am, you may call me KITT...
----------------------

HILARIOUS! :kittconv:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 am

Information on the company:
IAC/InterActiveCorp
555 West 18th Street New York NY 10011
Phone: +1 (212) 314-7300
Fax: +1 (212) 314-7399

I haven't been able to find an e-mail, but will keep trying. In the mean time, we could start calling and requesting to talk with Ben Silverman or Barry Diller who is the billionaire President. I think we have more of a chance talking with him at this point than NBC.